DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:80
05cr125r will become famous soon enough
Default Goodyear Wranglers

Had Goodyear Wranglers on my 1500 and loved'em...anyone have these on a 2500 ? How are they ? Thanks
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i never had had them on my 2500 or 3500, just check to see if they come in a "E" rating.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

I haven't looked in awhile at the Wrangler series of Goodyears, but aren't there quite a few models in various ratings? As hunter suggested, I'd look closely at all the rating comparisons when shopping. You see some complaints about some of the Wranglers shipped on our pickups, but there are different models that may bring different performance levels to the table.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:30
Al E. Gator is on a distinguished road

The factory ones on my 1500 are going to need replacement by 30k miles. I'm at 24k now and hope they make it to 30k. That's not nearly enough wear for me to replace them with the same tire. I had Michelins on my E350 Ford van and got 70k out of a set and they handled better in the rain. Not sure what I'm going to change to yet.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al E. Gator View Post
The factory ones on my 1500 are going to need replacement by 30k miles. I'm at 24k now and hope they make it to 30k. That's not nearly enough wear for me to replace them with the same tire. I had Michelins on my E350 Ford van and got 70k out of a set and they handled better in the rain. Not sure what I'm going to change to yet.
not that you asked but i put coooper at3s on wifes grand cherokee, good in all conditions so far, including the one wet snow we had. since it is 71 today in north jersey, will have wait to next year to give review about them on ice.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

If you're referring to the silent armor goodyear wranglers then they are a decent tire. They come stock on the f-250's and do pretty well, since that is a heavier truck they should do fine on your truck. If you are referring to the SR-A's that come stock on the 1500s then they are one of the worst tires I've dealt with.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Goodyear silent armor are being recalled I just had to take a set off my work truck they were falling apart after 30000. I will never buy them again. The worst tire I have ever owned. Had to get my truck balanced once a month. And it seemed like an alignment every other month. Turned out it was the tires. Michelin,s tires are made with he most natural rubber out of any tire. So i was told by my tire supplier. So they should last longer. I just put a set of Bridgestone duller at revo2's on my work truck. So far so good. 10000miles on them and still feel new. I'm hard on tires BTW. Had a set of goodyears assurance tires on my wife's grand prix. All I cans say is junk. Loud, leak air, always out of ballance. I'm done with goodyear.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:80
05cr125r will become famous soon enough

I have the BFG A/T Load D on right now and am hearing a lot about them being a contributing factor with my Death Wobble issue. At this point I cannot settle for anything other than Load E. Believe me i have put a lot of effort into the front end and just put on the Thuren track bar. I am leaning more towards the Toyo's. Thanks guys for your input.
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert
Old 03-13-2012, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
Goodyear silent armor are being recalled I just had to take a set off my work truck they were falling apart after 30000. I will never buy them again. The worst tire I have ever owned. Had to get my truck balanced once a month. And it seemed like an alignment every other month. Turned out it was the tires. Michelin,s tires are made with he most natural rubber out of any tire. So i was told by my tire supplier. So they should last longer. I just put a set of Bridgestone duller at revo2's on my work truck. So far so good. 10000miles on them and still feel new. I'm hard on tires BTW. Had a set of goodyears assurance tires on my wife's grand prix. All I cans say is junk. Loud, leak air, always out of ballance. I'm done with goodyear.

Couldn't agree with this more. Any tire problem I've had in the past was correlated to the name Goodyear. They use to make a really good tire, but I can't say that anymore with a straight face.

I too have had Bridgestone Revo2, and it transformed my Tahoe. Might get another set for my Ram Sport here soon when they are no longer back-ordered.

My buddy owns his own tire shop, and he refuses to sell or install Goodyears. Bridgestone & Coopers are two of his biggest sellers. He can't say enough good things about Coopers, and the value of the tire for the money.....for what it's worth.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4
Trim Level: SLT/Laramie
Color: white
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
upbeatdog is on a distinguished road

Running Goodyear Pro-Line on my 2500 Quad Ram.Seem to be a good set. No problems yet.32000 +miles