DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: While
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Chugbug is on a distinguished road

Everyone I know was pretty shocked when I bought our 2012 1500 Ram Sport 2 weeks ago. I had a Dakota back in the 90's although it was a nice small truck I had a ton of problems with the trans so after that I said I would never own another Chrysler/Dodge again. After looking at / test driving all the major brand trucks out there it came down to the Toyota or Ram.....dollar for dollar, ride, function, fit and looks all went to the Ram hands down. So far very happy!
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

I was exclusively a GM pickup guy until last November. That said, I was still never a brand loyal person, just a quality for the money person. I would be more than happy to own a new Chevy pickup with a 6.2 V8. Go out and price any that you can even find on a dealer lot, or just try to build your own online. And make sure you bring a really big bag of money.

I wasn't surprised to see how much quality, features, and performance were present in the Ram for the price...I was totally shocked. The Ford and GM pickup I could buy for the 20K in my '12 Express were a joke. One of them even had manual crankup windows. Dodge did something very special and smart by putting the hemi powertrain/drivetrain in a very affordable platform...and not finished out like a cheap delivery vehicle.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Rep:131
ridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enoughridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
You know chrysler was bailed out also, right?
Oh crap, that's right they did...OK gotta sell this thing, buy a Ford F250 and get on the Ford forum right away! JK. Well at least I have a solid front axle and saved $20 grand on a truck over the Ford and Chevy .
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Oh crap, that's right they did...OK gotta sell this thing, buy a Ford F250 and get on the Ford forum right away! JK. Well at least I have a solid front axle and saved $20 grand on a truck over the Ford and Chevy .
LOL. I agree, much better truck here.

About the bailouts, I also thought (and I think I still think...) they should have been let go, but I recently was told both GM and Chrysler have repaid what they borrowed. If that's true, then good for them, it sure makes it an easier pill to swallow...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: Black & Gray
Rep:29
MidNightExpress is on a distinguished road

Well guys I was the same way. I always had GM trucks and actually my last truck was a 2005 Silverado. It only had 30,000 miles on it when I traded for this 2012. I have a work truck, so I dont drive my personal truck much. When my wife and I went and looked at the GM trucks we just were not impressed at all. I actually told the salesman that my 2005 had a better interior than his 2012 truck. The cloth seats they have are really rough material.

I really like the softer materials that use to be present in trucks lets say 1996-2006 GM trucks.

I know GM is suppose to be coming out with a new redesign, and they honestly need it
Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

Yep, my 2004 Silverado had a nicer interior than the 2012s!! Especially the cloth.

GM has totally fallen behind in style/fit and finish whereas RAM has catapulted past the others IMO

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 03-16-2012, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Rep:11
dixiejwo is on a distinguished road

Same story here. Had Fords until my local dealer closed and I didn't care for the next closest dealer. Looked at the local Dodge / GMC dealer and settled on this 2500 Ram. I never had a Ford that was as refined and thoughtful as my Ram. But if it wasn't for the dealer thing I would've walked in and bought a new Ford even though they're hideous and kept on believing what garbage the Dodge's are.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:00 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Blacked Out Edition
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:26
mccritter is on a distinguished road

Seems to be quite a common theme here. Totally agree with what a lot of people are saying. I had a personal 2002 Chevy. Great truck! My work uses a fleet of Chev trucks. I've been driving 2500HD Duramax trucks from model year 2005 until 2010. I've slowly watched the truck turn into junk. The 2006's were monsters but now there garbage. I will admit a lot of this is due to emission laws, but it doesn't stop there. The interior has gone to crap and so has the ride add to this constant meaningless check engine lights. I used to think of a Chev LTZ as a Cadillac of trucks but not anymore. Both Ford and Chrysler have surpassed GMC in the truck industry.

I suppose this is the way industry works though. Competition is the driving factor that improves product. One company innovates and the other is forced to as well. This is done in order to maintain competition. This is why it is stupid to be blindly brand loyal. In the end if you end up with a product your happy with that’s what’s important. At one point in my life I would have never considered buying a Dodge. I hated Dodge, but I was young and naïve. I think they have come out with a good valued product compared to the compitition and thats why a bought my RAM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

Thats right! I think Dodge/RAM has had the incentive to pick up their game and has done so quite well By the time Im ready to sell my RAM, their name will be golden and resale will be great

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Blacked Out Edition
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:26
mccritter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thats right! I think Dodge/RAM has had the incentive to pick up their game and has done so quite well By the time Im ready to sell my RAM, their name will be golden and resale will be great

Yeah I'm hoping that The truck will last the mile. I hope I can keep it for at least 6-7 years.