DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Military

Notices

Military Special Interest Group for members of all branches of the military, active duty or retired. - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Color: Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
elliott1323 is on a distinguished road
Default Truck shops in Fairbanks, Alaska

Getting ready to PCS to Fort Wainwright, does anyone have any ideas what I should have done to my truck and the best place there to get it done?
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:173
Unfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura aboutUnfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura about

Hey! I currently live in Fairbanks. I am a student there but my best friend is at Wainwright. When are you coming up here? You will be up here when it is nice so there isnt any rush to winterize it but when you get a chance it will cost you between 300 and 500 bucks. That includes a battery warmer, oil pan warmer, sometimes a trans warmer, an engine block heater, and a single plug that leads out of the grill. This should be done before mid-october.

I have only been up here since August but I have been to three shops. I currently go to http://alaskaautocare.com/ for my oil changes and witerization. I found this place because it was the cheapest. Expect full synthetic oil changes to be around the 90 dollar mark.

However I just found another shop that I am liking, they are called http://www.thedieseldoctor.com/ and they do more than just diesel work.

If you have any questions about Fairbanks, just let me know.
MODS- QTP Exhaust Cutout, ARH Long-tube Headers, HornBlasters Train Horn, HemiFever Tuned, Linex bedliner, Painted mirrors and door handles, 14" magnaflow muffler, Cabin air filter, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Black 17" Sport Edition TK5 Wheels, K&N CAI, BT Catch can, 85mm Throttle body, Upper glovebox Mod, Recon Black Projector headlights, Retroshops- Tinted LED Tails including 3rd brake.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodoge Ram SXT
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Brick Red
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Slyte08SXT is on a distinguished road

I winterized my truck, I also just got up to wainwright, doesn't take very long if you know what you're doing, they have all the stuff you need at orielly's up here eg, heating pads, core heaters, battery blanket or charger, apparently some trucks like my girl friends 5.7 durango require a different kind of core heater that you have to get from the dealer and you also might want a remote start, it seems as if everyone out here strongly recommends it