DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport CC
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
bassbolt is on a distinguished road

I installed P/N 82211668AB in my 2012 Sport yesterday ... the wiring went as follows:

From the lock, red wire is the unlock sense - black wire is the lock sense.

Connector C5 ( brown ) letter "E" cavity 7 splice the red wire to the tan wire ( some may have a LB tracer.

Connector C6 ( grey ) letter "F" cavity 20 splice the black wire to the TN/DB
Old 04-12-2012, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 2012
Rep:13
pogster is on a distinguished road

Just to update I haven't done this yet as work has been too busy. Will let you know when it gets done and share my experience.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The choices are
MOPAR
EDWARDS
POOP N LOCK, this companies manual lock can be bypassed fairly easily, just lift the handle higher than normal

The 2013s will have a FOB operated Power Locking Tailgate, the RAMBOX lock will work on it too, it will be an option of course
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/05/2...t-stop-air-su/

The new 2013 Ram 1500 now features available Keyless Enter 'n Go technology, which allows the doors to be unlocked and the vehicle ignition to be started without having to touch the key fob. Also new for 2013, remote central locking includes the RamBox® cargo management system and tailgate powerlocks, creating a convenient solution for locking down the truck with the push of a button. An available remote start feature allows a driver to start their vehicle from up to 300 feet away. Door controls, illuminated entry, engine immobilizer and panic alert are standard features with the Keyless Enter 'n Go system. Auto rain-sensing wipers and SmartBeam® also find their way into the feature availability list, adding to a truckload of content offered in the new 2013 Ram 1500.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-12-2012, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman - Rambox
Color: Black Crystal - Gray
Rep:83
wvcoolvinilla will become famous soon enough

Has anyone done this with the bac-up camera option?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 PM

Trim Level: Sport CC
Color: White
bassbolt is on a distinguished road

I installed mine yesterday and I have the backup camera ... you don't need to unplug the cam. The install is pretty straight forward, but the two screws holding the lock cylinder are a tight fit!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished installing it on my 2012 1500, for those who are interested, this unit is a Mopar genuine product. My instructions were for 2009-2010, and another page for 2011. I used the 2011 info and on connector C5 "letter E labeled on the bottom of the TIPM" the wire at cavity 7 is all beige, in the instructions it does not indicate which wire to solder to this wire but in case it has not been said anywhere in these posts, the RED wire from the tailgate solenoid you just installed goes there. The black wire you solder to the cavity 20 of the C6 connector "letter F labeled on the bottom of the TIPM", that wire was Beige with a small Blue line. The kit comes with ample tie wraps and ample length of cable, I actually had to cut about 5' off. Give yourself about 3 hr's to do the job, its really easy to do. Also when you drill the holes for the small bracket that get riveted to the lock assembly, in the instructions they show you to drill the holes right next to the lip of plastic, you might want to drill you first hole not right up against that lip, and rivit that one hole first, then see where your other hole lines up, it will probably be 2mm from the plastic lip and not right up against it. If you drill both holes as they show, you end up with the holes a bit to far and you need to screw around trying to get them aligned. Just a heads up. Oh and also for the tools needed to do this job, a 1/4 ratchet with universal jointed 8mm is a nice one to have handy when you need to re-screw in the lock unit with the key barrel. 3/8 will work but its tight in there.

The idea I seen by brad12kx to remove the pins and then solder and shrink the connection is cool and the best way to do it, you will need a very small screwdriver like those for eye glasses to UN-clip the pins from the socket. Also doing this keeps the integrity of the wiring and by removing the wire from the connectors it makes it easy to put the shrink tubing on top. You might want to use a smaller shrink tubing than the one that comes with the kit, since your soldering them direct to the wire, a smaller shrink works better.

The last thing I can think of is when you put the connectors back on the TIPM and put the TIPM unit back at its location, open it up and before you reconnect the + cable to the TIPM, re-seat all the relays and fuses, by pushing the connectors back on, you can loosen them and best to re-seat them all. Just a small push down on each one will make sure they are back in there proper seating.

All in all, its a great mode, love it, I just did it so if anyone has questions let me know.

Last edited by Asur; 04-15-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
NorthOFortyNine is on a distinguished road

Hey, Asur, do you have the part number for that kit? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthOFortyNine View Post
Hey, Asur, do you have the part number for that kit? Thanks.
Genuine MOPAR Part Number:82211668AB

Picked it up on ebay for 109$ + 10$ shipping.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Red Pearl
Codaf600 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering how everybody's tailgate lock functions. Are you able to lock the tailgate with the key fob and then immediately unlock it with the fob? I have to put my key back in the ignition before the tailgate can be unlocked with the fob. Is this normal function or did dodge install incorrectly? I would greatly appreciate any help.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Mine will lock, then unlock as many times as I like from the key fob. You may have an installation problem.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI