DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Would it be possible to make a short video of your going thru a fresh pairing cycle after deleting the phone from Uconnect and Uconnect from the phone? I may be able to see if you're missing a step. I know that you know how to pair the phone. I just find it strange that the phone that I'm testing with works but yours doesn't. If this is completely the way it is, then I have a contact at Samsung that I can report it to. Thanks for your assistance.
xsdbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylster View Post
All know is that it is freaking annoying....and can't wait to have it resolved.

S.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: hunter green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
sylster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sylster

I ended doing a hard reset on the phone as per samsung tech support early this morning.....well that didn't go so well and it bricked my phone. The TwLauncher app keeps shutting down.....this is the shell for all android apps....anyway..to make a long story short, I have a loaner SG2 from the store and the darn thing works no problem with uconnect.....ARGH!!!! it was MY phone from the begining! This loaner paired up no issues....What I don't get is mine was fine before I updated to Android 4.0.3....that's what was making me think it was an incompatibility issue......this loaner has 4.0.3 and works just fine.

My SG2 is going back for warranty repair.....we'll see what happens after it comes back.

s.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 AM

well, that's good and bad news both. Sorry to hear that the phone had to go in for repair. Will you get back with us when yours comes back in? Thanks

Quote:
I ended doing a hard reset on the phone as per samsung tech support early this morning.....well that didn't go so well and it bricked my phone. The TwLauncher app keeps shutting down.....this is the shell for all android apps....anyway..to make a long story short, I have a loaner SG2 from the store and the darn thing works no problem with uconnect.....ARGH!!!! it was MY phone from the begining! This loaner paired up no issues....What I don't get is mine was fine before I updated to Android 4.0.3....that's what was making me think it was an incompatibility issue......this loaner has 4.0.3 and works just fine.

My SG2 is going back for warranty repair.....we'll see what happens after it comes back.

s.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 AM

I'll let you know when I get MY phone back if the issues is resolved. 4 to 6 weeks out I've been working with the dealership on the crackling/interference coming from the front driver's side speaker when anything is plugged in the AUX port. 3 days into it and they have NO clue....going to try to find a ground loop isolator tomorrow and see if it helps....if it does...something is not grounding properly.....want to test it first because when I left the place this aft...their next step is to rip the dash appart.....not what I would like right now....stuff never goes back as it should when you start taking things appart....

Let you know on that too.

S
Old 09-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Try a different aux cable. My R/T would do the same thing and my passenger side speaker would kick on and off, turns out something with the aux cable was messed up. New cable and never had an issue again
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 AM

I doubt that a GLI will cure this issue. It usually works where there is a grounding issue from a floating ground input and a common grounding output. It usually will help with issues such as alternator whine or humm noises. This issue will probably be either in the cable itself or one of the jacks. If you use earphones on the phone do you hear the noise? If not then it may be the radio jack itself.

Quote:
I'll let you know when I get MY phone back if the issues is resolved. 4 to 6 weeks out I've been working with the dealership on the crackling/interference coming from the front driver's side speaker when anything is plugged in the AUX port. 3 days into it and they have NO clue....going to try to find a ground loop isolator tomorrow and see if it helps....if it does...something is not grounding properly.....want to test it first because when I left the place this aft...their next step is to rip the dash appart.....not what I would like right now....stuff never goes back as it should when you start taking things appart....

Let you know on that too.

S
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
GaRAMdawg is on a distinguished road
Default Help with RBZ 2011 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hmm, Maybe I was jumping ahead a bit. So let's start with this question. When you say "garbled" do you mean kind of choppy and may sound like the chipmunks (Alvin)?
If so and you haven't had any Uconnect updates performed then I can help you some there. Here is the link for the 2011 SW update for Uconnect. This update will help that issue and the sound quality is good, just not great and this is due to my earlier explanation about the bitpool rate.
Here are the instructions for the update procedure:
Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? Let me know how this works out for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

We'll go from there, ok.
I just purchased my 2011 and was having issues with my RBZ and the same "garbled" sound when playing music from my phone via bluetooth. So, I downloaded the SW update you mentioned above and now things are worse. Not only do I still have "garbled" sound via bluetooth but now the head unit will randomly switch from my ipod to bluetooth music or radio.

Should I attempt the 2012 SW update or how would you recommend I get back to where I started?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 AM

As far as cable is concerned....I can guarentee it's not it. Tried 5 different ones....copper plating and even gold plating. And they changed the radio as well....so it's none of those two...nice try tho....

radio even does it if the phone is not plugged in....

S.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM

please remind me again on what phone do you have and what is the build date of the vehicle? I have't had anyone with issues aftter the update was performed. That medifire file has about 1,300 downloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRAMdawg View Post
I just purchased my 2011 and was having issues with my RBZ and the same "garbled" sound when playing music from my phone via bluetooth. So, I downloaded the SW update you mentioned above and now things are worse. Not only do I still have "garbled" sound via bluetooth but now the head unit will randomly switch from my ipod to bluetooth music or radio.

Should I attempt the 2012 SW update or how would you recommend I get back to where I started?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Sorry to ask this, but can you describe the sound again? You"re using the "AUX" mini jack on the radio faceplate, correct? Are you using a mono or a stereo cable?

Quote:
As far as cable is concerned....I can guarentee it's not it. Tried 5 different ones....copper plating and even gold plating. And they changed the radio as well....so it's none of those two...nice try tho....

radio even does it if the phone is not plugged in....

S.