DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport
Trim Level: Sport 2WD
Color: Deep Ocean Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Rayminator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
My mods were only intake,exhaust,tuner and tires for 75% of my runs
in my first year and a half with my 10' Ram.

The Torque Converter was the single biggest change that happened last fall, just before our track closed for the season.

The majority of my track slips, and best results from bone stock to where I am now
and every mod along the way were launching from no more than 800 rpm.

Fred nailed it, and until someone builds a faster Ram who can tell me differnent,
I trust his advice that has proven itself on my own truck.
It may come across like I am arguing, but I am not. I have in fact tried the "stab and go" method. My 60 ft. times, simply were not as good. I have also played around with tires pressures etc., as I always do.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:222
BLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura about

Don't run the 20's...invest in some light 16" rims with good drag radials or slicks,,,skinnys on the front and watch your 60's drop. Invest in a DS loop to, get that bitch to hook brotha!

"MPG???...I get Smiles Per Gallon!"
2010 RAM SPORT CC 4x4 Hemi
Diablo Tuner, Mufflex 14, Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks, 3.5 lift, 35 in mud tires
Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
Don't run the 20's...invest in some light 16" rims with good drag radials or slicks,,,skinnys on the front and watch your 60's drop. Invest in a DS loop to, get that bitch to hook brotha!

x2

But smallest diameter wheel you can run on a ram and still clear the calipers is 17".

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayminator View Post
It may come across like I am arguing, but I am not. I have in fact tried the "stab and go" method. My 60 ft. times, simply were not as good. I have also played around with tires pressures etc., as I always do.

That's cool with me my brother.
Everyone should try a variety of options,
then go with what works best for them.

When I was running a BullyDogGT tuner
I selected one of the gauge displays to monitor my timing,
Brake stalling my nearly stock Ram (at the time)it showed timing being pulled in real time.

Torque Management is brutal on these trucks,
yours is somehow immune, so roll with it knowing not everyone can replicate your results.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Rep:222
BLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
x2

But smallest diameter wheel you can run on a ram and still clear the calipers is 17".
You are correct...so get some 17" Bogarts and rip some new times...

"MPG???...I get Smiles Per Gallon!"
2010 RAM SPORT CC 4x4 Hemi
Diablo Tuner, Mufflex 14, Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks, 3.5 lift, 35 in mud tires
Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefred112 View Post
looks like you had fun..lotsa runs!! be careful..this can be addicting..
Thanks! And I know what you mean, my genesis went every week for the 3 months I had it. R/T only went twice though the year or so I owned it. Funny thing is the new ram runs the same times as the genesis coupe 2.0T did lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Not bad for a big heavy truck! The RT challenger doesn't seem to run all that well IMO...
Thanks! Yeah I was disappointed in that challenger especially since I've seen a 2011 charger run those times in 3000+ DA. There was a qc srt10 running 17s lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayminator View Post
Tell us about your launch, AND SHIFT, technique.

I was running 2.15 short times and 14.51 @94+ MPH with my 2011 QC on 20's
Bone Stock.
Damn nice times! What was DA and all that? And I shifted into 2, left off idle at the 3rd yellow(truck didn't move till after the green came on), and when it shifted into 2nd I put it back in drive. I tried stalling it up to about 1500 one of the runs and it felt like I was doing a burnout waiting for the lights

Quote:
Not bad fellas....work on the 60 times and you will see some awesome ET's and have some good trap speeds.
Thanks. Any tips for better times?

Quote:
You are correct...so get some 17" Bogarts and rip some new times...
I want some of those lol
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 04-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well decided to go to the track instead of getting high or doing the kony thing lolololol. Anyways, got there pretty late(about 9) and then had to put up with some bs about having to wash my truck cause it had dried mud behind the tires and then I had to wait till it was dry before I could run. But got 5 runs in and a new PB. There was a 2010 sport crew cab bone stock running 14.9s. Gotta figure out why during every burnout after the first one I would here my tires spinning and then my rpm would shoot up and I would hear nothing. On the last burnout I looked and my speedometer was at 50 by the end of the burnout so not sure if my tranny is messed up or what. But anyways here's the slips. All runs were done with the shifter in 2 and traction control off. Tire pressure went from 40 on first run to about 35 by last run on it's own. I didn't mess with it

Truck got completely sideways off the line on this run

New personal best!!

Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Got to look at your reaction times here if you drop that you may see an increase like i did get it under .200 and you may see an increase. Watch the lights and if you are 4x4 launch in 4x4 high and as soon as you hit the gas switch to 2wd. To get a faster RT punch the gas as soon as the second light goes out and when the third light comes on. I run mine in 1st gear and auto stick it into 2nd after i put it in 2wd. As soon as you shift into 2nd auto stick it into 3rd and you will hit 2nd prime thru the traps. And dont forget to keep shifting once past the traps...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 04-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
Got to look at your reaction times here if you drop that you may see an increase like i did get it under .200 and you may see an increase. Watch the lights and if you are 4x4 launch in 4x4 high and as soon as you hit the gas switch to 2wd. To get a faster RT punch the gas as soon as the second light goes out and when the third light comes on. I run mine in 1st gear and auto stick it into 2nd after i put it in 2wd. As soon as you shift into 2nd auto stick it into 3rd and you will hit 2nd prime thru the traps. And dont forget to keep shifting once past the traps...
I'm 2wd. How would a faster reaction time help my 1/4 mile time? And I hit the gas as soon as the 3rd light comes on and my truck doesn't move until after the green comes on. And I just put mine in 2 and leave it there cause with the 3.55 gears and stock 33" tires I can go about 95 mph in 2nd gear. Why would I need to shift after the traps?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

If u can get ur 60 foot times down then u'll see better times easily! Here's my QC slip

I still need to get some decent tires and smaller rims (17's) to get my 60' down but this has come down significantly from when i started out. garbage reaction time on this one.

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance