DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all
Default Blue US Speedo Gauges

I did this a while back but never posted pictures because my bezel wasn't finished so here it is finally lol I switched out the factory white gauges to these Blue faced gauges from US Speed (First Blue set on a 4th Gen Ram in the US) They're relatively easy to install you just have to be VERY careful with the needles or you'll screw up the little motors that control them.
*Removal*
Just remove the 3 Torx screws from the top of the gauge bezel, the bottom is held in by a retention clip on each side. Just pry it out from the top first and finagle it a bit and it'll come right out. It helps to have the steering wheel adjusted as low as possible as well. The gauge assembly itself is held in by two 8mm screws, these are easily visible just use an extension to make it easier on yourself when using a socket wrench. Sorry I didn't take pics of the install but it's very straight forward I promise.

With the Gauge cluster lose now tilt the top back to access the wires in the back and unplug them. You may need a flat tip to help pry as I had one plug that decided to be stubborn and needed some extra motivation

After that just finagle the gauge cluster out of the hole. The plastic surround is just held in by clips all the way around, you can use your fingers or a flat tip to help pry these up, obviously as you go around some get harder which is where a flat tip helps save your fingers. once you get that seperated you'll see the gauge face but you're not out of the woods yet. You still need to break it down further, the white plastic backing of the cluster is also held in by clips just work your way around the center and it comes right off. Flip the unit with the back facing up so you see the 4 tabs holding in the EVIC bezel (if equipped) and use a Flat Tip to coax the bezel away from the tab and then work it out of the area. Lastly, the pesky needles. Be VERY careful here because it is very easy to screw these up, I messed up my batter gauge the first time but got it taken care of after I screwed with it a bit (lucky!). The motors that control these have a stop on them, turn each needle to the left until it stops, now keep going and pull up simultaneously (holy crap I spelled that right that first time) it's going to make a squeaking noise and that's fine just keep working at it slowly until they all come off. Pull up on the gauge face all the way around it's just held in by a weak glue. And then put on the new gauge face, you can seal it down with a little super glue as well, just reverse the whole process to put it back together. Make sure when putting the gauges back on you don't put them down to far (even stock they can go down further) as they'll rub on the gauge face and stutter. When it's all done it'll look like this Depending on color choice of course.

Also had the gauge bezel painted like the console, seriously one of the cheapest mods I think I've ever done lol

And before the thread goes crazy yes I took night shots

I know, I needed gas :P
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Also if you are interested in what other colors are available you can see them here on page 57 http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....514#post952514
Old 12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

You installed this all on your own?
Looks really sweet
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
You installed this all on your own?
Looks really sweet
Yes sir, had to call Chris (the guy with the Orange set here on the Z) for some help with the needles, he can vouch for me cursing at the cluster trying to get the stupid trip meter stick out
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Yes sir, had to call Chris (the guy with the Orange set here on the Z) for some help with the needles, he can vouch for me cursing at the cluster trying to get the stupid trip meter stick out
Ok! When I do this, I will be calling on you.....LOL
Old 12-03-2012, 07:03 PM

By all means, I'll be there when you're trying to figure out how to easily pop the gauge cluster out of there hahaa
Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
By all means, I'll be there when you're trying to figure out how to easily pop the gauge cluster out of there hahaa
I gotta figure out if I even want to attempt this.
Also, gotta see the color selection
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
I gotta figure out if I even want to attempt this.
Also, gotta see the color selection
I posted the color options on my build thread, don't know why I didn't here
Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 RAM 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brilliant black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
57hemisport will become famous soon enough

Goddammit! Another mod to add to the list. When I got the truck I promised myself it will stay stock.

I'm getting them in white. What's the price on this?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57hemisport View Post
Goddammit! Another mod to add to the list. When I got the truck I promised myself it will stay stock.

I'm getting them in white. What's the price on this?
Forgot to ask this too!
How much are these?