DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

The 300C has the Hemi and the old 5-speed and it gets about 25MPG HWY. The 300 Limited has the 3.6 Pentastar with the 8-speed is pulling 31MPG HWY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerddason View Post
You can tell they have efficiency in mind. I am interested to see what real world MPG's are with this 8-speed. The 300C is getting 31mpg so I am sure this will be getting in range.

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Sponsored links
Old 06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 - Waiting
Rep:10
nerddason is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the correction. I stated 300C and I meant to put "Box on wheels"
Old 07-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Snazzmeister is on a distinguished road

The dial shifter will only come on models equipped with the 8 speed transmission. If you're adamant about having the paddle, it will still be available on the 6 speeds. I believe the air suspension starts at the Big Horn trim level.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1998 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:48
ScottLC is on a distinguished road

Trucks have truly passed the level of any rational inclusion of technology. Not to say they aren't pretty but for those who use a truck like a truck and do it for 10 and 15 years it's insane. All too appease a government that knows nothing about rational legislation, let alone automobiles.

[COLOR=Blue][B]"Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves bananas, they'll never climb another tree." [/B][/COLOR][SIZE=1]- Heinlein[/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Old 07-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 Regular Cab
Color: Metalic Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
CoolBlueDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLC View Post
Trucks have truly passed the level of any rational inclusion of technology. Not to say they aren't pretty but for those who use a truck like a truck and do it for 10 and 15 years it's insane. All too appease a government that knows nothing about rational legislation, let alone automobiles.
LOL, I guess the government is the reason we are able to make after market products and change anything we want to on our vehicles right? LOL... Just saying. I am anti big government too, but to lay blame for this type of vehicle on big government is not doing any one any good. If anything blame it on Prius/hybrid owners. HAHA

I am not a fan of this truck though I would like a few of those bells and whistles on my '07. I like the fact that I can still make any adjustments I want on my truck and not worry about environmental issues. Bunch of nonsense. If I was worried about the environment then I wouldn't have gone WOT passing that slow Prius going 5 miles an hour slower than the speed limit yesterday!!! I blew more out my exhaust in that pass than that guy will save in 10 years!!! LOL.... Anyway, Nice "looking" truck that '13 model. I just can't see functionality of it as a truck. It is more for that guy I passed in that Prius who was envious of my HEMI blowing his windows out as I went by while his wife says "he isn't conscious of the environment" while she was eating her soy burger and tapioca pudding...

Just saying!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT 10
Trim Level: SRT-10 Nightrunner
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:26
Canviper is on a distinguished road

I'm kinda liking this Gen 4 2013 refresh. But I'm still going to wait until 2014 to get one could be a few kinks to work out of the 2013 first.
NIGHTRUNNER #167/#400 MODS: K&N CAI, BBK TB, BORLA EXHAUST catless, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, SCT TUNED By Chris Jensen. My album is finally up come check out some pics.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: none
habeba86 is on a distinguished road

That dial shifter is the worst idea ever....dont like how they flipped the fog lights either. I was set to order a 2012 express till I realized that 2012 ordering is done. I cant decide to try and find a new one with what I wanted or get a 2013.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Rcsb
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 3.92
Color: PDM Metallic Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
RcsbHemi is on a distinguished road

I completely agree on that shifter knob. I hope there is some kind of safety and it takes some force to turn, it will be pretty stupid if it turns just like the hvac knobs. I wonder how much quicker it will be with the 8 speed, and i do like that evic display.

Mods: Magnaflow DOD14(resonator removed) line-x, tint, silverstars, tonno pro trifold tonneau, LED Licence plate and reverse bulbs, 2- 27w led fog lights behind grille. more to come........
Old 07-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i believe the dial shifter should only be used to get it out of Park
after that, you will be using steering wheel buttons to shift

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAg&dur=6603
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Plus the knob won't be on every model, I'm pretty sure it'll be more of a Laramie thing. I just hope they fix the console shifter, the plastic creaks a bit to much for my liking...