DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 HD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin Tan
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
2500hd is on a distinguished road

This is really to bad because I was looking forward to a system I could bolt on as I wasn't ready to weld on an exhaust. Was hoping for something I could do myself. I'm thinking that the mufflex probably does fit well on the 1500's but with the frame and crossmember differences on the 2500 it dosn't fit like it should, which leaves me to wonder why they said it will fit.

-Amp Research-Fuel Offroad-Nitto-Diablo-Rigid Industries-Craven-CJC Offroad-Carli-BT-
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

In their defense, I think you're right 2500hd. I think they just assumed it would work on the 1500 and 2500 and, as it turns out, there is a little difference.

They did refund me $40 bucks also which is why I'm not going to discuss our first conversation after the install. In the end, I think they made a reasonable attempt to fairly compensate and I hope they get the product right for future sales.

I still dont know how you guys can get those slip joints apart without cutting! Did you see my pictures? they are totally crimped by the factory - the metal would have to at least be heated to stretch or something..

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

mine i had the help of a friend, a very big heavy hammer and lots of arm juice,.. lol it wasent easy ,... and of course a few beers later it went off

i have to admit that id i didnt had any mecanical skill it would of been very hard to accomplish just because of the fact that i would off discourage miself
Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:10
2012RamBigHorn is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth I have the Mufflex DOD14M I am in Canada in a rather low populated area (the sticks,the boonies) and my package from Mufflex arrived in great shipping time and I had it installed and done within an hour max with no leaks and no issues

However in all fairness it should be based on your level of wrench experience
I also installed my bilstein 5100's within 2 hours and most shops are charging out 4 hours labor so take it for what you like

For the Record I had no problems with my Mufflex product from shipping to fitment and sound I am 100% happy all the way around
Old 04-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 ST
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White
Rep:10
67440Dodge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
In their defense, I think you're right 2500hd. I think they just assumed it would work on the 1500 and 2500 and, as it turns out, there is a little difference.

They did refund me $40 bucks also which is why I'm not going to discuss our first conversation after the install. In the end, I think they made a reasonable attempt to fairly compensate and I hope they get the product right for future sales.

I still dont know how you guys can get those slip joints apart without cutting! Did you see my pictures? they are totally crimped by the factory - the metal would have to at least be heated to stretch or something..
You hit it on the head Bikenut. The 2500's have a different exhaust than the 1500's. From your pictures, the 2500's utilize U-clamps that compress the pipe in a circle and make it extremely tough to remove without heat. The 1500's use a circular clamp that is spot welded to the muffler. With the reliefs cut into the pipe and those clamps is why 1500 owners can basically loosen the clamp and wiggle the pipes apart.

Here is a picture of a 1500 muffler next to a Mufflex DOD18S and you can see the clamps attached to the mufflers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhaust.jpg (29.4 KB, 40 views)