DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
slasher012 is on a distinguished road
Default So how do you keep cool?

With the summer coming up and temps already climbing, how does everybody keep cool? I work at a Nissan dealership so I work in a shop that can reach over 100degrees sometimes. I'm trying to find some ways to keep myself cool other than the fans we have throughout the shop. We are allowed to wear shorts luckly, but has to be the ones the company provides, good enough. Still have to wear shoes and socks. And our uniform shirts are very rough on bear skin so I have to wear a undershirt. I've thought about buying some Under Armour tight shirts to wear under my uniform shirt. Any other ideas out there, and what does anybody do to keep cool?
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Those under armor shirts can be a life saver. They have ones you freeze/refrigerate and stay cool for a few hours (wore then under my goalie jersey playing soccer)

I'm always sweating, non stop no matter what the weather, so I give up on trying to keep cool a long time ago

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 HD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin Tan
Rep:32
2500hd is on a distinguished road

Water with lots and lots of ice. Not really a new or cool idea but it does the trick for me. I worked in the back for 5 years and know how you feel. I now work up front in parts and the a/c keeps me cool

-Amp Research-Fuel Offroad-Nitto-Diablo-Rigid Industries-Craven-CJC Offroad-Carli-BT-
Old 05-04-2012, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

I work underground, depending on location, depth and air flow in the location it can be nice and cool or very hot. The shop I was in last summer at 3450 feet down was 40*C (100+ F) most of the summer, the air flow through the shop was poor, our lunch room/refuge station was air conditioned so hour long lunch breaks were nice, also outside of the shop was a fresh air raise bringing fresh air from surface, if I got hot I went and sat infront of that thing for a while. One day last summer it hit 54* C with humidity (130*F) that day was 15 mins of work and 45 mins in the lunch room by law. For my work it is mostly all about air flow, some levels of the mine would be nice and cold, go up the ramp 100 feet and its nasty hot. I am a mechanic and the more the machines ran in the shop (we tried not to run them much) the warmer it would be. As far as at home, I dont have air conditioning so I usually open windows and turn fans on, or go sit in the garage, it usually stays cool.

also clothing wise, we have to wear pretty heavy duty coverals and are "supposed" to wear long sleeve shirt and pants under that (ya fawkin right), a hard hat and safety glasses at all times unless in the refuge station/lunch room. No matter how shitty it gets I still love it, I just slow my pace down or complain more LOL

Last edited by 2011 ASSAULT 800; 05-04-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F-150
Trim Level: XLT
Color: Metallic Blue
Rep:91
bigdaddyII will become famous soon enough

I sweat my ass off, use my bodys natural cooling system lol. My job is usually a mix of inside and outside, so I deal with the heat as much as possible then run inside like a little bitch.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Paultocologist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

For me it's always hot. I don't even think I won a winter jacket. I was raised in Michigan and I don't know if the air out here is just drier or what...so for me it's just another level of He...ck. My truck has 275 air. I roll down both windows and do 75mph.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 05-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm spoiled. My house, garage, vehicles, office, warehouse and company vehicles are all air conditioned......not that we need it for more than 4 hours a year! LOL

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 05-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I worked out in the California Desert
Everyone dressed for the heat, just like you would dress for the cold

you look like a desert camel rider, several layers of light material, white or light tan is preferred

your sweat soaks into the material & acts like a swamp cooler, just keep hydrated & eat things like bananas, peaches, etc
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher012 View Post
With the summer coming up and temps already climbing, how does everybody keep cool? I work at a Nissan dealership so I work in a shop that can reach over 100degrees sometimes. I'm trying to find some ways to keep myself cool other than the fans we have throughout the shop. We are allowed to wear shorts luckly, but has to be the ones the company provides, good enough. Still have to wear shoes and socks. And our uniform shirts are very rough on bear skin so I have to wear a undershirt. I've thought about buying some Under Armour tight shirts to wear under my uniform shirt. Any other ideas out there, and what does anybody do to keep cool?
LOL, I wish my shop was 100 deg.

Its 130+ every day where I work (open motor pool in Afghanistan).

FML.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I stay cool the best way....

I drive my Ram down the street.....

nothing cooler than that

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill