DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Mopar Online Parts - Dodge Ram Accessories!

Notices

Mopar Online Parts - Dodge Ram Accessories! Suppliers of Genuine Dodge/Ram Parts and Accessories at wholesale prices. Shop with confidence as all repair parts orders are checked against the VIN provided to ensure 100% accuracy getting you the right part the first time. All items we sell are backed by a 1yr warranty. - Dodge Ram Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Yes, it does allow you to control the ipod thru the uconnect. So yes it would be redundant. I'll have to look into the lp in order to offer more advice on it though. I don't have any real experiance with it. I personally don't want to watch movies while driving, there are stiff tickets available for the temptation of doing so. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcglynn264 View Post
Thanks again for all your help. I have a question though. The USB in the glovebox that is connected to the uconnect module allows you to plug in an ipod and then control it from the HU correct? I'm trying to decide which lockpick to get and if the USB does allow ipod control than the CCH550 lock pick with the ipod connect cable would just be redundant. Also, where woulfd you suggest I purchase the Uconnect module in order to ensure i get one that is not outdated? or does that not matter?
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mmcglynn264 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Yes, it does allow you to control the ipod thru the uconnect. So yes it would be redundant. I'll have to look into the lp in order to offer more advice on it though. I don't have any real experiance with it. I personally don't want to watch movies while driving, there are stiff tickets available for the temptation of doing so. But that's just me.

Agreed, I'm not after the lockpick for video though. Might leave the vidoe in motion switch on the lockpick off so there is no temption if in some unforseen circumstance I allow someone to borrow it.
I want it for a front & rear camera but most importantly is I've read that since voice command of the Garmin software isn't possible, the lockpick would be the only way for me to change stuff on the nav while moving. I have a portable Garmin in my wife's van and I tap into that all the time while driving. Usually looking for POI like hotels or for food. So it's an ability I will need.
Hell my ipod is a 6th Gen nano that was my kids until she started using her phone for music and the nano won't even do video. I plan to leave it in the glove box.
I'm also planning to run a second USB to the glovebox from the lockpick so I do flash updates to it without having to pull the stereo.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:37 PM

have you got a price on the uconnect kit & cable yet?

Quote:
Agreed, I'm not after the lockpick for video though. Might leave the vidoe in motion switch on the lockpick off so there is no temption if in some unforseen circumstance I allow someone to borrow it.
I want it for a front & rear camera but most importantly is I've read that since voice command of the Garmin software isn't possible, the lockpick would be the only way for me to change stuff on the nav while moving. I have a portable Garmin in my wife's van and I tap into that all the time while driving. Usually looking for POI like hotels or for food. So it's an ability I will need.
Hell my ipod is a 6th Gen nano that was my kids until she started using her phone for music and the nano won't even do video. I plan to leave it in the glove box.
I'm also planning to run a second USB to the glovebox from the lockpick so I do flash updates to it without having to pull the stereo.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
have you got a price on the uconnect kit & cable yet?
Not yet, just waiting to make sure that the seller here on the forums comes through for me. He offered to sell me his 430N RHB HU out of his Ram since he went aftermarket. Once I have bought the 430, I'm picking up the module, lockpick and cams. If that falls through, I'll go with a 730N since the uconnect is built in. I'd rather the Garmin NAV though. I have some time to get my knowledge up and buy the parts since I wont be back in the states until Mid June.

Best price I can find is ebay for around $230. Is bus speed an issue like it is for the radio? The only place that mentions bus speed with the Uconnect is oemautopartsco.com. They price a high speed at $356 and low speed at $257.

Last edited by mmcglynn264; 04-16-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Update:
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Mopar Online Parts

Vehicle: N/A
Trim Level: N/A
Color: N/A
Rep:41
Mopar Online Parts is on a distinguished road

Looks you got all the parts figured out, If theres anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks, Benny
Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
Looks you got all the parts figured out, If theres anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks, Benny

I've got a 430N RHB on it's way to me now. What would be the correct Uconnect module for my application and can you give me a price for it?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Mopar Online Parts

Quote:
I've got a 430N RHB on it's way to me now. What would be the correct Uconnect module for my application and can you give me a price for it?
Hello,

It would be the following kit for a cost of 259.90 http://moparonlineparts.com/product_...oducts_id/2557

Install instructions can be found here http://moparonlineparts.com/redirect...hx%3Fid%3D2335

Thank you , Benny
Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM

Mopar online rep,
You may want to look into editing your add on that page:
Excludes the RES radio without the Uconnect buttons on the radio.
The 2012 vehicles will come with 2 different RES radios. If the vehicle has SAT radio, the RES will have the Uconnect buttons. If the vehicle does not have Uconnect or SAT radio, it will not have the Uconnect buttons. There will be a different kit for those radios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
Hello,

It would be the following kit for a cost of 259.90 http://moparonlineparts.com/product_...oducts_id/2557

Install instructions can be found here http://moparonlineparts.com/redirect...hx%3Fid%3D2335

Thank you , Benny
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM

CAN BUS speed is important for both parts. You need the High Speed CAN BUS parts.

Quote:
Not yet, just waiting to make sure that the seller here on the forums comes through for me. He offered to sell me his 430N RHB HU out of his Ram since he went aftermarket. Once I have bought the 430, I'm picking up the module, lockpick and cams. If that falls through, I'll go with a 730N since the uconnect is built in. I'd rather the Garmin NAV though. I have some time to get my knowledge up and buy the parts since I wont be back in the states until Mid June.

Best price I can find is ebay for around $230. Is bus speed an issue like it is for the radio? The only place that mentions bus speed with the Uconnect is oemautopartsco.com. They price a high speed at $356 and low speed at $257.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Mopar Online Parts

Quote:
Mopar online rep,
You may want to look into editing your add on that page:
Excludes the RES radio without the Uconnect buttons on the radio.
The 2012 vehicles will come with 2 different RES radios. If the vehicle has SAT radio, the RES will have the Uconnect buttons. If the vehicle does not have Uconnect or SAT radio, it will not have the Uconnect buttons. There will be a different kit for those radios.
Thank you we have updated the product description.

-Benny