DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of
Default 09 ram...stalled in the middle of the road.

I dont know what happened, but what gives? My 2009 stalled on me yesterday in traffic. I just put 4k miles worth of road trip on it. I get here and does this. It started right back up...but man it was weird, and embarrasing. anyone had this issue before? It has not done it since, so I am thinking it was a fluke (combination of me turning and pressing/rapidly releasing the gas pedal, I was pulling out into traffic from a parking lot).

I am stumped. If it happens again, I will start pullin plugs, coils, checking fuel filters, vaccumm lines, etc.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 01-29-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

That is weird. It should NOT have happened!

Did you get a CEL?
Old 01-29-2011, 02:14 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
That is weird. It should NOT have happened!

Did you get a CEL?
Nope, just a charge light under the EVIC, which is normal when running in "on" without the engine running. Every light that comes on when you first start the truck came on. Its like it said "screw you, i need a re-boot". but no codes that I know of. everything was fine from that point forward. It didnt act like it wasnt getting fuel. You get a second or 2 of warning with that. Big Blue just shut off. I was left with a 6,000lb paperweight in the middle of the road.

A few minutes before (when I went into the store to get something), I had accidentally shut the truck off with it in drive. I proceeded to turn the key back to "on" and shift to park. I havent ever done that before either. I dont know what I could have messed up by doing this one time. I cant picture anything in my head on the inside of an auto-tranny that would have been damaged.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 01-29-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:78
saunders1986 will become famous soon enough

mine stalled the other night when i spun out pretty bad.... (really bad weather) started right back up though .....
Old 01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I had my Ram stall one time, i don't remember the circumstances, started right back up

Another time i was driving on a back country 2 lane in Missouri, near the Lake of the Ozarks, small rolling hills, in August 2010. The RPMs went erratic & the Ram slowed down a bit, then everything went back to normal. When i returned to San Diego i pulled the old air filter & replaced it with a K&N filter. the old filter was filthy & there were bugs & straw in the filter box. I have had no issues since the filter change at about 25,000 miles

I am now at 38,000 miles
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Crew Cab Laramie
Color: White
Rep:10
MLGaskins is on a distinguished road

It has happened to me twice on my 09 Laramie. First time really stumped me, I was in the middle of a right hand turn and lost the power steering. The second time I figured it out. I bumped the key with my knee. If it moves at all the truck will cut off. The key is not held in all that secure, I verified this by rocking the key while it was started and it shut off. Always starts right back up though.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about

Thats very odd hopefully its a one time thing. Where were you on gas I know the one time it happened to me I wasnt empty but I was near empty and I hit a ramp to a parking lot a little to quick made a sharp left and it turned off. Never had anything like it happen again
Old 02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, after it happened to me, i did get a check engine light, but, it happened a couple weeks later.
I took it in & they read the Codes,

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: TRX, 25T pkg w 5.7 L
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Rep:22
Rogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Rogue
Default Happened to me

The truck stalled on me one time(only) when I was coasting to a stop while I was towing a heavy load, I touched the throttle and it just shut off on me. It started back up and I have tried to recreate the issue but it has not happened again. Must have been a full moon?
Hopefully this isnt a issue that will haunt us.

Enjoy the Ride!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:48 AM
US Army Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLGaskins View Post
It has happened to me twice on my 09 Laramie. First time really stumped me, I was in the middle of a right hand turn and lost the power steering. The second time I figured it out. I bumped the key with my knee. If it moves at all the truck will cut off. The key is not held in all that secure, I verified this by rocking the key while it was started and it shut off. Always starts right back up though.
You know, I was making a right hand turn. Hmm...It hasnt done it since so I wonder...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmanicac View Post
Thats very odd hopefully its a one time thing. Where were you on gas I know the one time it happened to me I wasnt empty but I was near empty and I hit a ramp to a parking lot a little to quick made a sharp left and it turned off. Never had anything like it happen again

mine hasnt happened again either...so I dont know...