DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone runnin bags on all 4 corners or LOWERING coilovers?

Alrite, who cares about just a normal drop, I wanna get fancy lol.

I dropped my Camaro with coilovers originally, but I havent found anyone that doesnt make long travel types for our trucks...

Then i got to thinking, what about just spending a small fortune and bag all 4 corners on ridetech single adjustable bag/shock thing they make.

Ive seen someone running a drop spindle on the front and bags on the rear, but no one running bags on all 4. It would be kinda cool to air out and let is lay on the bump stops when i park it

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

I wonder who the member is with the slammed 4g on the banner. Maybe the owner can shed some info.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM

SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Thats what i was thinking. AirRideTech has one their website with the bumpers/skirts on the ground as well, but its just the product picture no info.

I wonder what sort of problems its going to create with teh 4wd? Ive always wanted a bagged trucked and Ive talked to my friend who works at a high end wheel company and he says if I bag it nad have it stupid low like that he can swing a wheel sponsorship and get me my wheels for free and tires for cheap. Just gotta get my system installed, my tonneau on and the tint done and i will have a dd "show truck"

1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

That pic is a truck featured in Truckin' in '09 and not a member on here... sadly. It's bagged all around with a rear 4-link and Z'd front end if I remember correctly.

I'm just glad there's another person out there as stupid as me to drop a 4x4. To make it much lower, you need to have a stock drop, not much you can do to get around that, and I'd say you need spindles to do it properly if you want to bag the front. A big downside to dropping a 4x4 is the angles on the CV joint up front, even if you're not in 4x4 or if the angle gets extreme enough when stationary, you can pop your CV joint or split a boot. The stock joints can handle 15 degrees max, and currently sitting with a 2/4 drop mine are at 12 degrees. I've been researching higher angle joints, and the porche 930 CV joint is the one I'm gonna go with to build my custom shafts since it'll handle 40 degrees regularly. The weak link in the ram is the INSIDE cv joint, the outside apparently doesn't see the major stresses, but I'd swap both out to be sure.

The 4th gen front end isn't that different from the late 3rd gens, so most info will transfer, just measurements will be off.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:40 AM

Ya i havent looked too much into front driveline angles. If it looks like its going to be a royal bitch ill just bag the rear. I honestly was going to bad the front because I dont think the 2/3 or 2/4 for the 4th gens dont drop the rear enough. If I wasnt in MI i would look into converting to RWD only and put the frame on the ground, but in the winter I dont want to deal with anything like that.

Ugh, i hate how much work modding can turn into lol

Old 09-30-2011, 02:42 AM

Also AirRideTech says they have the single adjustable air bag shocks that work in the front of 4th gens, doesnt say 2wd or 4wd though

Old 04-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: ram hemi sport
Color: white
Rep:10
plowman12 is on a distinguished road

stacy david did a air pod set up on an express u can see it on youtube. i ordered the ground fource 2/3 lowering kit from jegs a month ago and called the other day and not expected to be shipped out for another month and a half so i said **** it give me mymoney back. now i am wanting to bag my 2012 rcsb r/t heres a link : http://www.ridetech.com/store/trucks...hash=V302.V328

Last edited by plowman12; 04-14-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
aunglesbee412 is on a distinguished road

Well gentlemen Im in the same boat. Ektensive Metalworks in Houston build that truck you speak of and they dont have any kits available. Air ride does make a good product but you wont lay frame unless you cut up the truck and do custom notching. I am still looking for my options and will post anything I find. Good luck with the trucks guys!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

There's a guy here who has a bagged Black Sport 4th Gen, his sn is wheelchair mike. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....ghlight=bagged
Old 04-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: black
Rep:10
wheelchairmike is on a distinguished road

Air Ride Tech makes great products. It sounds like the OP isn't concerned with laying the truck on the ground so ART could be a good option. I say, from talking to people that have used the shockwave setup on cars, they love them. Most of the people I've talked to that used them on trucks didn't care for them, and swaped ou the Shockwave for a regular air bag shock set up. The biggest complaint they had was a lack of lift, and a harsh ride.

This is based on 2wd trucks. I honestly have no idea what you woud do to bag a 4wd. As a personal opinion I wouldn't bag a 4wd, because I would be concerned with losing the functionality of the 4wd. I see nothing wrong with doing it, but I think a custom suspension might be what's needed for a 4wd.

I do rember seeing an awd Escalade bagged several years ago that supposedly did keep the awd. I don't know who built it, and never saw suspension pics.