DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:10
NorthOFortyNine is on a distinguished road
Default Bilsteins

I am thinking about installing Bilsteins on my Ram and have read in the forums that some people have had vibration problems. Do the 5100s have a setting that is the same height as stock thus, hopefully, making sure there is no vibration problem? Has anyone tried the 4600 series Bilsteins and what is the ride like with them?

Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthOFortyNine View Post
I am thinking about installing Bilsteins on my Ram and have read in the forums that some people have had vibration problems. Do the 5100s have a setting that is the same height as stock thus, hopefully, making sure there is no vibration problem? Has anyone tried the 4600 series Bilsteins and what is the ride like with them?

Thanks.
From my experience with shocks I can tell you first hand that if you're going to be doing any off-roading or towing you're going to want to get ranchos or the 5100's, if you drive pavement they are going to be a bit stiff unless you weigh down the rear end. Another things you should do is purge the shocks by doing a few full compression cycles by hand.

I use gabrield proguards on my ram van and it rides very smooth and performs well with towing and with some light off roading. The van body is very heavy at the rear and van bodies reverb and intensity vibrations and noise at the rear end which is why van bodies have wider axles. But enough about van's just saying that I have had great luck with gabriels, I had monroes before and they are very BoUnCy and don't last long at all

But I would probably have gotten bil's if I have the money. Anyways I hope you get what you want.