DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
titanman2789 is on a distinguished road
Default Squeaky suspension?

Anyone else get this? It started for me about a month ago and is steadily getting worse. Primarily comes from the right side, and it only happens on the little bumps on the road, where you feel vibration, not the bigger bumps/dips. But it has recently started happening a bit on the left side. It's like a high pitched chirping sound and is so bad that I can even hear it when the radio is turned up to 20. The only way for me to avoid it is to drive with the windows open so wind noise drowns it out. I might also note I am talking about the front suspension

Should this be something they can fix at a dealer? It makes driving this truck a lot less enjoyable - and sometimes not enjoyable at all if I don't feel like having the radio turned up or windows open. I realize it's a truck and a vehicle made for work and to be worked but this is driving me crazy and I feel like it should not be happening at all
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: White
Rep:45
tguil is on a distinguished road

Just take it to the dealer. That's what the warranty is for.

Tom
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: 2012
Rep:13
pogster is on a distinguished road

For sure. Take it to the dealer.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:10
Ramsail is on a distinguished road

before the trip to the dealer, hit your brake pedal from the side. Mine squeaks like crazy and when I hit bumps, it makes noise. If I hit it sideways with my foot, it duplicates the sound. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet as it was just in the body shop for 6 weeks after my accident. I need to catch up on work before I can send it in again.
Curt front trailer hitch-Access Lorado tonneau cover-Mopar bed rug-Lund Genesis tailgate seal-Steelcraft black nerf bars-Putco SSR Locker bed rails-and Auto Ventshield bug deflector-Husky Liners Molded Mud Flaps-Thule Roof Rack-Thule Goalpost
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsail View Post
before the trip to the dealer, hit your brake pedal from the side. Mine squeaks like crazy and when I hit bumps, it makes noise. If I hit it sideways with my foot, it duplicates the sound. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet as it was just in the body shop for 6 weeks after my accident. I need to catch up on work before I can send it in again.
No it's not the brake pedal. Mine makes a squeak when you hit it on the side like you are saying too but it is different when I hit bumps.

Of course, had an appointment at the dealer today and everything but it didn't make the noise. Figures... Tomorrow I have a 200 mile round trip to do and I would bet all my money that it will happen the whole time.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
A70RAM is on a distinguished road

I noticed a weird squeaking noise on my truck since the day I bought it. I would only hear it when I was traveling slow and going over bumps. I thought it was the spare tire not being fully tightened, but I discovered that under the driver side there was a little weight thing hanging by only one bolt and it was barely threaded. So after I fixed that, the noise completely went away.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: True Blue
hdbigfoot is on a distinguished road

Good luck. I have a rattle/squeak coming from the right front (around passenger area). Have only 800 miles and have had less than a month. My truck has been at the dealer since Monday, they have adjusted the hood, secured the hood liner, tightened every bolt (they say). Got a call yesterday afternoon saying they "think" it is coming from the right front shock. They are going to replace the shock to see if that corrects the problem.

Still waiting to hear from the dealer service department . I don't have a lot of faith or confidence in dealer service departments (any brand). Hopefully this corrects the rattle/squeak.

UPDATE: In the event someone else may have this issue I wanted to update this post. It turns out that the problem was the "right front body mount bolt" that needed to be replaced and/or re-torqued. There were a number of other things they did prior to (in troubleshooting), including replacing the front shock but it does appear this fixed this issue.

Last edited by hdbigfoot; 04-27-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM

Well I thought it was probably the right front shock but today I bumped into my right step bar and there was the squeak. I'm about 95% certain that is the problem. It was rattling once before right after the dealer installed it and I had them fix it then.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: BRIGHT SILVER
Rep:17
fx2offroad is on a distinguished road

I think mine is doing the same thing, but when i tap the brakes it stops. Let off the brake and it starts doing it again. I'm woundering if there is the slightest bit of play in the brake pads and it is rubbing between the pad and calipar. It has done this from about 5k-40k miles now