DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500 trx4
Trim Level: trx4
Color: gray two tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
obxram is on a distinguished road
Default Army of one help

I was reading about tq problems and well I am in the same boat. They replaced my tq with the r8 part number and I returned it the same day with the rumble strip feeling in the truck.

Are you and your dealer still willing to inform my dealer of the new part numbers and updates to the star case?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2013, 12:17 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

I can call my service manager on tuesday and see if he could help. Where are you located?

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 09-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM Crew
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
gfviperman is on a distinguished road

My 2011 seems to downshift to first after a complete stop.

Is this TC issue as well?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:338
TransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
what is the difference between a tsb and a star case?
If my understanding is correct, a "STAR case" is a record (typically) of a single call / resolution at our STAR Center (dealer technical assistance hotline). So basically, it tells about a problem (and hopefully, what fixed it) for one particular vehicle at one particular dealership. STAR cases are then used as a reference (by our STAR agents), so if another dealer calls in with a similar problem on a similar vehicle, the agent can advise what might fix the issue. However, there is also a "STAR Online" system, a database where certain "popular" problems (and solutions) are described. Dealer technicians can access the STAR Online system to look for possible resolutions for issues on a particular type of vehicle (without having to call in to an agent). While these records are normally referred to as "STAR Online solutions," I suppose they might also be called "STAR cases" (since they typically originate as a single STAR case).

A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin, which is an official bulletin addressing a known issue, which is published to all dealers. It basically advises of a particular problem, which vehicles may exhibit that problem (for example, all 2013 DS models with 5.7L engine, built before 12/15/11), how to fix it, and whether this repair will be covered under warranty.

So a STAR case and a TSB are both sources where dealers can find how to fix a particular problem on a particular type of vehicle. A TSB is more visible and "more official" (if that makes any sense) than a STAR case. A TSB requires more review and approvals than a STAR case. And a TSB (if I understand correctly) can authorize "extended warranty" repairs (i.e. repairs paid by Chrysler even after the normal warranty has expired). A STAR case does not affect or extend warranty coverage.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Silver
NorthernMIKE is on a distinguished road

Just to update this thread. I took my 2011 Ram into the dealer (Ontario Canada) for the TC problem in November 2013. It was in there for about 4 days. Got it back and worked great. No noise/drone and no shutter. I have put on about 5K since. They replaced it with the new TC (not the reman'ed one). Glad I did it. The only thing different was that that the TC no longer unlocks when I engage tow/haul (it used to unlock, then relock).
Old 01-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White-Gold
FOZMAN11 is on a distinguished road

Question to the ones who had the TC problems. Did you have any other problems with your truck's trans (i.e. bad shifting, loss of MPG). Also, what rear-end gear are you running? My 2011 Ram has been problem free for 2 1/2 years and 23,000 miles, but in the last 3 weeks has not been acting right. The truck has lost ~4 mpg on the highway, it turns ~400 more rpms at 60mph, and it feels like its not shifting correctly. I took it in and was told it is shifting correctly according to the parameters in the computer. They did re-flash the PCM with updates, but it has not helped. The truck will run at 1500rpm at 60mph like it did all the time, till 3 weeks ago. If I pass another car or hit the gas, then it will run 1800rpm at 60 mph. It will return to 1500rpm at 60 after driving many miles or coming to a stop and restarting down the road. To me it is acting like the TC is not staying locked up or slipping. My Ram has the 3:55 rear-end gears.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4X4
Trim Level: Crew Cab SLT BigHorn
Color: Inferno Red
S77R is on a distinguished road

As I posted in another thread I got my TQ replaced twice and it has been fine for the last year after the second replacement. I too though have noticed a loss in MPG after the TQ replacement. I keep track of my MPG each tank and over the last year I have avgd between 1-2 MPG difference with the new TQ. Dealer reflashed the trans etc, but it didnt change anything.