DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
That Y-Pipe is horribly designed on the passenger side, why... you'd have to ask a engineer. It amazes me though, the simple things like a decent set of headers like those off the SRT8 Jeep (not headers but not a log manifold either if you've seen them) and a nicer Y-Pipe would help improve this motor so much. Deleting the Resonators doesn't do a whole lot in all honesty. I did it on mine and if anything it made that stupid "MDS Drone" worse lol Slight audible difference but considering I've done it I wouldn't say its something you should jup out and do. If anything I'd say invest that money into some nicer exhaust tips like the 5" double walled ones that come in that Magnaflow Cat-back kit, They fit the cut outs perfectly and look great.
This is exactly what I've heard regarding the Y Pipe.
Others have said by changing the Y and catback to both Maggie....their MPG has increased.
That a plus. I just want the sound
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Now see I'll argue the whole "catback" thing because the truck comes with a 3" pipe that goes into 2.5" Dual outs cat backed from the muffler (cat back is just an arch that goes over the rear axle, the name comes from the shape. I'm sure you know this but informing those who may be reading this for the first time lol) which is what we already have on our trucks. I will defend this time and time again, don't waste your money on a Maggie cat-back. Just buy the Y-Pipe and the muffler that comes from the kit or even go to a Borla muffler if you want seens how they sound great too. The tips are a bit hard to find (2.5" inlets with 5" outlets, double walled rolled edge) but there are out there.You can still have that great sound without breaking the bank. I just wish that stupid 4K RPM Rev limiter wasn't there so I can let her bark from time to time
Old 06-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Now see I'll argue the whole "catback" thing because the truck comes with a 3" pipe that goes into 2.5" Dual outs cat backed from the muffler (cat back is just an arch that goes over the rear axle, the name comes from the shape. I'm sure you know this but informing those who may be reading this for the first time lol) which is what we already have on our trucks. I will defend this time and time again, don't waste your money on a Maggie cat-back. Just buy the Y-Pipe and the muffler that comes from the kit or even go to a Borla muffler if you want seens how they sound great too. The tips are a bit hard to find (2.5" inlets with 5" outlets, double walled rolled edge) but there are out there.You can still have that great sound without breaking the bank. I just wish that stupid 4K RPM Rev limiter wasn't there so I can let her bark from time to time
I agree with you 100%

Here is my opinion and my opinion only and why I went this route.
With the catback Maggie, it will not be a 3" behind the muffler.
The tips are 5" rolled and are at least $100-$150 each.
Lifetime warranty on on pieces which stock doesn't give you.
You get a nicer sounding system.
I can sell my stock setup for $150-$200.
I purchased my catback for $493
If you minus the $$ I'll get from the stock, it will cost me $293-$343

A mufflex muffler is about $250-$300.
5" tips aren't cheap if you decide to add them
So the way I look at it is I basically I got them free

That the way I looked at it when buying it.

Plus it sounded good in other members ram

Old 06-09-2012, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
I agree with you 100%

Plus it sounded good in other members ram

I can't deny the sound awesome, there's a guy up here in Tennesse with a Maggie exhaust on his R/T 5.7 Chally and another with a Borla.... the sound they produce cannot be reproduced through a video on youtube lol IF you're only out about $300 on the set up than that's pretty good as parting it out is the same price. And yes those tips are expensive, I said you COULD find them, I didn't say they'd be cheap lol If you don't have to have Maggie tips there are a couple other options though. My only thing would be selling that stock exhaust as that can be more time consuming than anything. But overall you point of view is pretty spot on bud
Old 06-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
I can't deny the sound awesome, there's a guy up here in Tennesse with a Maggie exhaust on his R/T 5.7 Chally and another with a Borla.... the sound they produce cannot be reproduced through a video on youtube lol IF you're only out about $300 on the set up than that's pretty good as parting it out is the same price. And yes those tips are expensive, I said you COULD find them, I didn't say they'd be cheap lol If you don't have to have Maggie tips there are a couple other options though. My only thing would be selling that stock exhaust as that can be more time consuming than anything. But overall you point of view is pretty spot on bud
I hear you. Didn't mean to contradict what you said...just sayin why I bought it.
I may just keep my stock in case I revert back or sell my truck.
Either way, I'll have it picked up tomorrow

Still love your truck.
Sell me your wheels....LOL
Old 06-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Color: Black
Rep:420
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
I just wish that stupid 4K RPM Rev limiter wasn't there so I can let her bark from time to time
Haha. SECOND GEN POWER! with my straight pipes I can get on it just a little and it barks real good just before shift points. Or just balls out rip snort full throttle barking. Haha its obnoxious for sure.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Color: Black
Rep:420
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Yep that 4k limiter sucks. Thats why I wish someone would crack the code and we could have a dang tuner already lol
Old 06-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbrains230 View Post
Gotbrains, thanks!
Where are these connections?
Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
Haha. SECOND GEN POWER! with my straight pipes I can get on it just a little and it barks real good just before shift points. Or just balls out rip snort full throttle barking. Haha its obnoxious for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbrains230 View Post
Yep that 4k limiter sucks. Thats why I wish someone would crack the code and we could have a dang tuner already lol
Hurry up tuners