DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 4th Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Timbrens and love them. As I'm at stock height, the addition of a trailer levels my truck perfectly........so I ordered the TLC system.

I want to level my truck with Bilsteins, but don't want the front higher when I pull a trailer (which is very often), so I am replacing my Timbrens with the TLC system so I can level my truck and keep it that way when I add the trailer.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim28 View Post
[Note to self, google before asking dumb questions.] This really looks like the way to go. The more expensive way to go but definitely the most complete.

For those of you using a system of some kind, is your truck leveled and does it stay reasonably leveled?

Thanks for the feedback so far!
First and foremost, Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Josh and I have ALOT (I do mean alot) of experience towing and hauling heavy loads. Having been in the army, and on 3 combat tours, for the better part of a decade now, I have seen and driven just about everything there is to drive, from tanks, to Route Clearance Vehicles, to pickup trucks. Some are VERY heavy, and some are bone stock trucks guys like you and me drive everyday.
You have already noticed your coil springs will collapse under the weight of a heavy trailer, and while that does not pose a problem to your truck immediately, it can, over time. Towing a load as heavy as this with the 4th gen Ram requires some additional help, due to the smooth riding coil spring Multi-Link rear suspension. Coils were put in the ram because they ride smoother, but they are your worst enemy when towing/hauling heavy. Thats where the good folks at Total Load Control Suspensions come in. They will not only hook you up with great customer service, but Ramforumz members even get discounted pricing on their kits. Right now they are having a spring sale, and the shipping is always free to the continental US and Canada. This system is designed and patented specifically for 2009+ Ram 1500's. It will work in conjuction with your coil springs to improve load handling, reduce wear and tear on your coil springs, and even helps with unladen ride comfort and stability.

Shoot TLC John, or myself a message, and we can get you on your way to comfortable and safe towing. Happy Travels!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 05-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:10
LollyGagger77 is on a distinguished road

I just ordered my Firestone Ride Rites and they come tomorrow, everyone I spoke to said the Timbrens are great, but get air bags. I should have done this years ago, but we just bought a 6,500 lb travel trailer that really sags the springs in back. I will let ya know how they work. I am hoping to put my 850 Polaris in the bed and tow the trailer this weekend...
Old 07-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie Quad Ca
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:33
Tim28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
First and foremost, Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Josh and I have ALOT (I do mean alot) of experience towing and hauling heavy loads. Having been in the army, and on 3 combat tours, for the better part of a decade now, I have seen and driven just about everything there is to drive, from tanks, to Route Clearance Vehicles, to pickup trucks. Some are VERY heavy, and some are bone stock trucks guys like you and me drive everyday.
You have already noticed your coil springs will collapse under the weight of a heavy trailer, and while that does not pose a problem to your truck immediately, it can, over time. Towing a load as heavy as this with the 4th gen Ram requires some additional help, due to the smooth riding coil spring Multi-Link rear suspension. Coils were put in the ram because they ride smoother, but they are your worst enemy when towing/hauling heavy. Thats where the good folks at Total Load Control Suspensions come in. They will not only hook you up with great customer service, but Ramforumz members even get discounted pricing on their kits. Right now they are having a spring sale, and the shipping is always free to the continental US and Canada. This system is designed and patented specifically for 2009+ Ram 1500's. It will work in conjuction with your coil springs to improve load handling, reduce wear and tear on your coil springs, and even helps with unladen ride comfort and stability.

Shoot TLC John, or myself a message, and we can get you on your way to comfortable and safe towing. Happy Travels!
Thanks for your input Josh. Would love to find out what kind of specials are currently available. I'll PM you.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
ncgrl1 is on a distinguished road

I have the Timbrens and they work great. Very simple design with nothing to tear up. They do the job!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: st
Color: white
fishinf1 is on a distinguished road

I have the timbrens and they do work quite well. With the Timbrens you have to sag the rear of the truck until they touch the axle though. My question is has any tried the TufTruck performance replacement springs? Pretty inexpensive for an increase in payload without the sag. http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....1c2c56028ecdea
Old 08-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
y2kflhr is on a distinguished road

I don't know about the springs, but I have the airlift 1000, I have been hauling my harley ultra (900+lbs), with a lift (350lbs), 2 passengers and assorted clothes and food, the truck doesn't sag at all with it pumped up to 30, they won't help the load rating, but I don't think just springs will either...