DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos

Notices

Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos Post pictures of your Dodge Ram here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough
Default Should I go mopar blue or racing red?

I've been gathering Ideas on paint schemes and graphics/pinstripping....I think I have a general Idea what I want to put together but I need your input on what accent color I should use.

This is what I initially wanted to do but in the grand scheme of things I highly doubt I want to spend the time/money on it because generally vehicles and I don't last longer together.

Now for more of a really option that I'm sure I can put together for well under $500

To give you an Idea this is what my truck looks like from the front

First I want to stay with a black on flat/matted black graphic scheme with either red or blue pinstripping...Here's what I'm talking about

Here's a black challenger/charger with flat black hood graphics

I want to do thoses matted/flat black hood graphics accent them and the grille area's with either red/blue pin-stripping...kind of like this

As well as my wheels blue or red pin-stripping

Here is a crappy job done by myself on a black truck (thanks to whoever truck this is obviously it say on the LP) with pinstripping

I'm in the process of retro fitted my quad headlights, thanks to Jeremy for supplying me with morimoto projectors....I've already baked them and painted all the housing black but I was wondering if I should add a second color either the red or blue outlines.

Here's a set Jeremy did in red to give you an Idea what I'm talking about

As far as the side graphics I'm pretty much gonna imitate Jeremy's spear graphic in flat/matted black and outline it with either the red or blue pin-stripping

My initial thought is to go red but do you think mopar blue would look good?...any suggestions as far as graphics (places to get them from even if you know places in the Houston area) and different colors options are welcome.

Last edited by TheBlackHemi; 06-06-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 PM

TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Well I'm leaning toward red now that I took the challenger pic and did my best imiations of both red and blue.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express Package
Color: Mineral Gray Matalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:320
JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough

You can go wrong with either color, but I would get the blue since so many people do the red.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:59
Mate2011RT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsRamTruck2012 View Post
You can go wrong with either color, but I would get the blue since so many people do the red.
Seconded
The red looks kinda early days Batmobile-ish
Blue makes it look like a Mopar edition
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM

Ok snapped a pic and kinda fabbed up the scheme on my truck (minus the hood stripes)...

Red

Blue

Or just go ahead play it save and finish off the retro fit quads with the blacked out scheme I already have?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I like the blue
it is more subtle & looks like it belongs there

thread jump, sort of
this guy went nuts with mods
a guy down in New Zealand already did the BatRam thing, without the red

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=56429

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330471...dge-ram-srt-10

http://www.carlwalski.com/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Yeah that's a sweet SRT 10....

The more and more I look at the blue its starting to grow on me....Like yall said I can make my version of a mopar edition ram, just like they did with the challenger a couple of years back.

I think it doesn't have to the mopar blue but maybe a tad darker/richer blue(like a cobalt)...get more away from the baby blue tint the mopar blue has.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at that last image
a 3/16th inch pinstripe in red, surrounding the fattest blue strip, might look sharp

I used to have tires that had 2 thin stripes, one in blue & one in red, sort of like the REDLINE RADIAL TIRES have, with a blue stripe not far from the red stripe
http://www.cokertire.com/redline-tires

I am sure when you fully decide what you are going to do
It will be a one of a kind & it will be yours & just like you want it
you will then have to slap your own face to wipe off the grin
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM

I think I might have a winner with the black and blue combo....The only differences with theses pictures are the way I want to finish my retro fitted quads/ fogs (accent color or not). Tell me what set of lights looks the best with the scheme

Outlining them in blue

Or just black them out with no color accent...don't know if painting them two colors is going a little bit overboard with all the blue everywhere else?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: 1500 Express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:54
shostopper17 will become famous soon enough

as much as i love red im leaingn towards the blue its diffrent and looks really clean