DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT Laramie off road
Color: Pearl garnet
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
hunter.shawn is on a distinguished road
Default Treadwright tires running review!!

Alright so this will be a running review I keep updated for a long while. Info first. I was skeptical about retreads at first.. very skeptical.. a member on the Z and a buddy of min e turned me on to Tread wright.. A retread company out of South Dakota.. A ways away from north Alabama.. After checking their prices/sizes/tread designs I was very intrigued. i decided to dig a little deeper. Doing my homework and then some on these tires gave me more than enough confidence to order some for my old girl. Seriously..LOOK on Youtube at what guys with their Jeeps do to these tires..That tread is not going Anywhere! I ordered a set of 285/70/17 Guardog M/T tires with their Special KEDGE Grip (crushed walnut and glass)...I purchased the tires online but before I finialized the purchase I contacts the company to make sure the tires will be on a matching set of BFG AT or BFG MT sidewalls.. The customer service was top knotch!!! A million times better than the service I received with BFGoodrich when I had a problem with their own tires! The lady put a special note on the order about my requested sidewalls and low and behold after only 3 DAYS!! my tires are sitting in the garage waiting to get mounted in the morning! The tires are on 13 ply BFG M/T sidewalls and look AMAZING. These tires just look BAD ASS.. will update again tomorrow after I get a few miles on them.. opinion right now- Very Impressed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guardogs.jpg (121.7 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by hunter.shawn; 05-02-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:657
huntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to behold

mind posting the price? tks
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I forgot about the price haha! They are so cheap it nearly slipped my mind.. a set of Four.. their top of the line (best you can order) shipped all the way from South Dakota to North Alabama was 700 dollars and a dime.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:31 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

looking pretty good. I'm curious as to how well they will hold up. My only experience with re-tread is back from the late 80s/ early 90s and it wasn't a good experience. I think within a couple of thousand miles I added to the collection along the side on I89 in southern Vermont

Let us know how loud they are... they look like they'll sing fairly well at hiway speeds

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: 2010 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
ridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enoughridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enough

"4X4 Garage" Summer 2011 issue has a 3 page test of this very tire (pgs 60-62). They said that the walnut shells in the rubber helped with ice traction.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

These tires do come with a workmanship warranty. Which, is why I felt comfortable going with the tire. There is no tread life warranty,but, no manufacturer guarantees treadlife on an M/T tire. When I called and had the warranty explained she said that airing down the tires to dangerous levels (below 10. p.s.i) can void the warranty. I will not be doing that and from my experience with the company they Want to promote their product. They upgraded me to Speedee shipping for free! just so I could have them before a truck show this friday. I am about to get these bad boys mounted now
Old 05-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Retreads are good for low/mid speed vehicles, if you drive at high speeds, they are not for you as you'd need a proper Z rated tire. However, if you mostly daily drive or hit trails, then these are for you. It's difficult to get a matching set of sidewalls sometimes though, that's the only drawback.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
dsullivan22 is on a distinguished road

Sorry I don't know much about this process, but they usually just put it on a random set of sidewalls? But you called and requested specific kinds (BFG) and they had them in stock and just matched it up for you?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yes! this is why I ordered from this specific company.. It is their policy to put all the tires on a set of matching sidewalls. Choosing a specific type of sidewall is something you need to call and inform them of before you finalize the order. They will accommodate you completely..Update! Got the tires mounted and balanced (all the tires took less than 3 oz. of weight to balance dynamically) The ride is smooth on the highway and only a slight hummmmmm begins around 60 mph.. Tires do not drag pull or bounce.. Very happy so far.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
dsullivan22 is on a distinguished road

That is great to hear. I am in the market and after reading this thread earlier, I looked into them. I cannot find negative information about this company or their product. The only thing you see is people who don't like retreads. Nothing to do with this company or these tires! May have some new Treadwrights soon!