DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:30
Hex is on a distinguished road

I have a 2010 Harley Dyna fatbob, about 750lbs dry.

I've made the drive from south orange county to Salt Lake City, Utah (roughly 800 miles) twice with the bike in the back of the truck. THe only real difference in I don't have the rampage lift, but as far as handling turning, uphills and braking downhills, there was no problem. Actually I think my gas mileage improved when I had my bike in the bed. This is also when traveling with the girl, luggage and all.
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 PM

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/towing_guide/

This site might help you out. But I don't see any problem with what you're talking about
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
y2kflhr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
I have a 2010 Harley Dyna fatbob, about 750lbs dry.

I've made the drive from south orange county to Salt Lake City, Utah (roughly 800 miles) twice with the bike in the back of the truck. THe only real difference in I don't have the rampage lift, but as far as handling turning, uphills and braking downhills, there was no problem. Actually I think my gas mileage improved when I had my bike in the bed. This is also when traveling with the girl, luggage and all.
I have had my 1996 low rider in the back with the lift and it was like nothing was in the back, and that was before I put the airlift in the springs, the ultra is about 400lbs more, which is why I am trying to gather as much info as possible, before I venture a few hundred miles from home!

Quote:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/towing_guide/

This site might help you out. But I don't see any problem with what you're talking about
thanks I have done the math and i am so danged close I wanted some real life experience
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:130
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't lose 1 minute of sleep over that. Every diesel 2500 (well almost all) towing 5er's are over on their gvwr as well. They never get bothered.

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I put the lift back in the truck last night and loaded up the ultra for the first time....

first off the truck had dropped 4" with my friends road king on it, and that weighed 710 vs 880 dry weight, with the air lift 1000 aired up to 25lbs the truck only dropped 2", that pleased me, although today when I checked the pressure it was down to 10lbs, that didn't please me, I gotta find the leak!, I used a t-from work that we use, I am hoping that is the problem

every thing seems hunky dory, I drove around a little and although I knew I had a load it seemed fine.

thanks for the reassurances....I didn't take pics, but I need to practice with this lift, it is a little unnerving lifting 900lbs worth 24 thousand buck up in the air!!! so I will get some at the end of the week.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 PM

I came real close to getting one those lifts, but was also nervous about lifting the bike like that. Let us know how it goes. And good luck.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
I came real close to getting one those lifts, but was also nervous about lifting the bike like that. Let us know how it goes. And good luck.
I have used it with my dyna a few times and it works great once you get over the initial oh shit my bike is in the air feeling! I got a great deal on a used one and it happened to be around the corner from my house so I couldn't resist. The ultra being so much heavier scared me a bit, but with the truck running the winch pulled it right up with no problem, with the truck off it struggled a little bit
Old 05-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
semlohde is on a distinguished road

Be on the safe side - go to scales and weigh it. Look for Love's or Pilot travel stations and maybe one will be close. I took my truck full of fuel to the Batesville,MS Love's scales = cost $9. It's much heavier than the sticker says. Then I hooked my trailer to it and reweighed. I have the printouts so can show da'law and satisfy myself.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
Be on the safe side - go to scales and weigh it. Look for Love's or Pilot travel stations and maybe one will be close. I took my truck full of fuel to the Batesville,MS Love's scales = cost $9. It's much heavier than the sticker says. Then I hooked my trailer to it and reweighed. I have the printouts so can show da'law and satisfy myself.
that is a good idea, we don't have loves on long island, but next time I travel out I will
Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Mayflower Moving Companies scales, it was a Public Scale
I told the Weigh Master that i would like to get my Ram weighed
He asked if i needed a legal certificate of Verification
I told them that i did not
He told me to pull onto the scales & hollered that i weighed 6,300 pounds
I thanked him & left
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle