DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1101  
Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 955
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:1010
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Well, Well, Well, Look what just walked in the door.

It looks like someone is going to have a very eventful day!! congrats on the delivery man
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1102  
Old 11-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Canadian Hemi Pride's Avatar
Canadian Hemi Pride Canadian Hemi Pride is offline
Stickers add Horsepower


 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 22
Posts: 6,346
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 10
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Well, Well, Well, Look what just walked in the door.

Time to grab the popcorn and let the games begin.
__________________
Brandon...Check out my build thread here
For any help or advice, send me a message or post on my profile here
Any Leveling/offset questions? Go HERE
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Reply With Quote
  #1103  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Asur Asur is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,850
Gender: Male
Vehicle: .
Rep Power: 14
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Time to grab the popcorn and let the games begin.
Got to admit, Bully's Performance shipping and support just top notch.

Well bully dog has been removed from the truck. Update of superchips unit very easy, just plug it in and run update software, it asks you what vehicle you have and just starts the update. Have to wait now, lots to update lol.
Reply With Quote
  #1104  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:44 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,714
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Well, Well, Well, Look what just walked in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Got to admit, Bully's Performance shipping and support just top notch.

Well bully dog has been removed from the truck. Update of superchips unit very easy, just plug it in and run update software, it asks you what vehicle you have and just starts the update. Have to wait now, lots to update lol.
Thank you sir
Now keep us posted as to the comparisons between the 2.
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from Diablo Sport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
  #1105  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Canadian Hemi Pride's Avatar
Canadian Hemi Pride Canadian Hemi Pride is offline
Stickers add Horsepower


 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 22
Posts: 6,346
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 10
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Got to admit, Bully's Performance shipping and support just top notch.

Well bully dog has been removed from the truck. Update of superchips unit very easy, just plug it in and run update software, it asks you what vehicle you have and just starts the update. Have to wait now, lots to update lol.
Oh I am aware of bully's support and shipping. Andrew has been amazing with me in the past. I will be waiting for the verdict.
__________________
Brandon...Check out my build thread here
For any help or advice, send me a message or post on my profile here
Any Leveling/offset questions? Go HERE
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Reply With Quote
  #1106  
Old 11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Asur Asur is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,850
Gender: Male
Vehicle: .
Rep Power: 14
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default

OK, first of the unit is less fancy then the BD, but feels more solid. Standard Mono LCD with some small black rubber buttons, I uninstalled the BD off my truck, with the usual 5 times of on off of the ignition, unpacked the Superchips unit, pluged into my USB on the system, the computer saw the unit and installed the communications driver without asking any input from my side. Went to the Superchips web site and downloaded the Updater. Super easy, main page, 5 white squares with info in them, the middle one says "Internet Update" pressed on there and it downloaded the setup, run setup program and ask's you to register your unit, same time you put in your trucks information. once you done that press "done" and it checks if your unit needs to be updated. Mine needed it. says "your unit needs to be upgraded" and there is a button, press upgrade and away it goes. 25 minutes of upgrades. That's it, no harder than that, just plug and update. once finished, unplug and off to the truck.

Plug it in, turns on, no extra power cable, just OBDII plug and your up and powered. I have presently a fresh tank of 87, full to the brim, so I could not install anything more than the 87 tune, I could of installed the fuel saver on but will do that later, my goal is to run through this tank of 87 and then put in some 94, install the 93 Octane performance tune and see how that goes but for now I have to play 87.

OK so now the install process. Kind of scarey but here's how it goes. You have the choice of install, there is a Quick and Advanced, did the Quick one for this test as it will setup the truck with the most used configuration. So press quick install, ask me what I want, performance 93, performance 91 or 87 or fuel saver, oh and there is heavy towing and I think towing. Hit 87, says turn key on and its starts copying the current trucks stock configuration, this gives you a nice little bar with percentages, after about 5 minutes its done. Then it starts perpping the tune for upload, you go through that turn on / turn off thing but only like 2 times compared to the BD which you like have to do it 5-6 times. OK here's the scary part, at one point is says to turn off press ok, then turn on, at this point it sits there saying "please wait" and you wait, and wait like 5 min, you start thinking to yourself oh shit its frozen, and then it beeps and makes you do a couple of things, but yup, thats it, super simple to install if you use the quick install.

Now, how does it feel, well, I only got to go out for a few minutes, work comes before play, but let's put it this way, I only have the 87 tune on, what does it feel like, again, it felt good, I had driven the truck earlier without the BD tune to make sure all was good and I felt it was missing something and the shifting tranny I so hated was back. Now with the SC it feels like there's something there, not sure yet on the tranny but it felt better than stock. One thing I could never do with sticky winter tires was to chirp my tires from a stop, well guess what, Floored it and Chirp, so that put a smile on my face. So that's it for now, tonight I will be checking some of the other options on the unit and will report back what I find. Mostly I will be testing the performance 93 as soon as I can, then for the winter I will go into fuel saver mode. or maybe stay in 87, will see. If anyone has questions please let me know as I will be playing with it tonight.

Last edited by Asur; 11-19-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1107  
Old 11-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 955
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:1010
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
OK, first of the unit is less fancy then the BD, but feels more solid. Standard Mono LCD with some small black rubber buttons, I uninstalled the BD off my truck, with the usual 5 times of on off of the ignition, unpacked the Superchips unit, pluged into my USB on the system, the computer saw the unit and installed the communications driver without asking any input from my side. Went to the Superchips web site and downloaded the Updater. Super easy, main page, 5 white squares with info in them, the middle one says "Internet Update" pressed on there and it downloaded the setup, run setup program and ask's you to register your unit, same time you put in your trucks information. once you done that press "done" and it checks if your unit needs to be updated. Mine needed it. says "your unit needs to be upgraded" and there is a button, press upgrade and away it goes. 25 minutes of upgrades. That's it, no harder than that, just plug and update. once finished, unplug and off to the truck.

Plug it in, turns on, no extra power cable, just OBDII plug and your up and powered. I have presently a fresh tank of 87, full to the brim, so I could not install anything more than the 87 tune, I could of installed the fuel saver on but will do that later, my goal is to run through this tank of 87 and then put in some 94, install the 93 Octane performance tune and see how that goes but for now I have to play 87.

OK so now the install process. Kind of scarey but here's how it goes. You have the choice of install, there is a Quick and Advanced, did the Quick one for this test as it will setup the truck with the most used configuration. So press quick install, ask me what I want, performance 93, performance 91 or 87 or fuel saver, oh and there is heavy towing and I think towing. Hit 87, says turn key on and its starts copying the current trucks stock configuration, this gives you a nice little bar with percentages, after about 5 minutes its done. Then it starts perpping the tune for upload, you go through that turn on / turn off thing but only like 2 times compared to the BD which you like have to do it 5-6 times. OK here's the scary part, at one point is says to turn off press ok, then turn on, at this point it sits there saying "please wait" and you wait, and wait like 5 min, you start thinking to yourself oh shit its frozen, and then it beeps and makes you do a couple of things, but yup, thats it, super simple to install if you use the quick install.

Now, how does it feel, well, I only got to go out for a few minutes, work comes before play, but let's put it this way, I only have the 87 tune on, what does it feel like, again, it felt good, I had driven the truck earlier without the BD tune to make sure all was good and I felt it was missing something and the shifting tranny I so hated was back. Now with the SC it feels like there's something there, not sure yet on the tranny but it felt better than stock. One thing I could never do with sticky winter tires was to chirp my tires from a stop, well guess what, Floored it and Chirp, so that put a smile on my face. So that's it for now, tonight I will be checking some of the other options on the unit and will report back what I find. Mostly I will be testing the performance 93 as soon as I can, then for the winter I will go into fuel saver mode. or maybe stay in 87, will see. If anyone has questions please let me know as I will be playing with it tonight.
Excellent first thoughts man, i have one question though, are you going purchase theadvanced trans-tuning package to dig into as well or try and keep it at the baseline compare?

Last edited by Kamanhart; 11-19-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1108  
Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Asur Asur is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,850
Gender: Male
Vehicle: .
Rep Power: 14
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
Excellent first thoughts man, i have one question though, are you going to spend the extra $40 and purchase the entire trans-tuning package to dig into as well or try and keep it at the baseline compare?
I am waiting to see how the SC works and how it will affect the truck, then I will get the trans-tuning package if its available, right now its not available in the update store, I like playing with toys so ya, I will be getting it later. LOL

Last edited by Asur; 11-19-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1109  
Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Canadian Hemi Pride's Avatar
Canadian Hemi Pride Canadian Hemi Pride is offline
Stickers add Horsepower


 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 22
Posts: 6,346
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 10
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
I am waiting to see how the SC works and how it will affect the truck, then I will get the trans-tuning package if its available, right now its not available in the update store, I like playing with toys so ya, I will be getting it later. LOL
You are like the test guinie pig who actually enjoys doing it
__________________
Brandon...Check out my build thread here
For any help or advice, send me a message or post on my profile here
Any Leveling/offset questions? Go HERE
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Reply With Quote
  #1110  
Old 11-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 955
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:1010
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
I am waiting to see how the SC works and how it will affect the truck, then I will get the trans-tuning package if its available, right now its not available in the update store, I like playing with toys so ya, I will be getting it later. LOL
You have to pair the tuner to the truck first because the trans tuning package is paired to the vin of the truck, so sadly when or if you get rid of it the trans package stays with you truck and the next person has to buy it as well
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum