DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:840
UltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
DB-all with the T-harness is a remote start for the truck.

here watch this Fast

Real cool, and only about 80$
This was awesome, and a great tutorial. I really need to put one on mine. If you can tell me what to buy and have it come pre-programmed. I really like the plug and play. I have a 2007 Quad SLT. Mine is a bit different since the ignition switch is on the column.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraFlame View Post
This was awesome, and a great tutorial. I really need to put one on mine. If you can tell me what to buy and have it come pre-programmed. I really like the plug and play. I have a 2007 Quad SLT. Mine is a bit different since the ignition switch is on the column.
there are 2 parts to my kit,

First part is the DB-All,

go here to see the products and check compatibility with your truck

http://www.xpresskit.com/default.aspx

as for the T-harness, that is an harness made for the 09-12 ram's, but if you do a search on there site, it lists all you need to do the by-pass.

and you can see the wire harness bypass cable, then its just finding a place to get the stuff from,

I picked it up off ebay and the guy who sold it to me pre-programmed the db-all to fit my truck. Same with the T-harness, picked it up off ebay

Last edited by Asur; 08-01-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Yea $80 vs $400 is a no brainer
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:16 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

yea mine had a compustar security system in it, so I love starting it from a distance n watching people jump cause of the straight pipes. ill never buy one of those though ... it's pricey
Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
yea mine had a compustar security system in it, so I love starting it from a distance n watching people jump cause of the straight pipes. ill never buy one of those though ... it's pricey
Yup, had one in a previous car(s) and moved it from vehicle to vehicle as it costed me $650 installed.
But it did have 3000 ft range and the pager showed me when it started, doors were open, etc
Old 08-01-2012, 04:56 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

yep it does all that. the remote even vibrates and goes nuts when the alarm.goes off.

we have a bratty pack of children in the neighborhood, and they snapped one of my CB antennas off. Angry, but I retaliated by waiting. a few days later that were 'playing' hide and go seek.... by my truck. full security mind you, so it screeches, wails, siren, beeps etc.... and I'm watching em in the window scatter faster than fastNugly.

one of the little suckers had the nerve to come to the house later. my wife gave him an earful. he looked like he'd seen a ghost. she makes me proud.

so I love my setup ... alarm, and remote start
Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
yep it does all that. the remote even vibrates and goes nuts when the alarm.goes off.

we have a bratty pack of children in the neighborhood, and they snapped one of my CB antennas off. Angry, but I retaliated by waiting. a few days later that were 'playing' hide and go seek.... by my truck. full security mind you, so it screeches, wails, siren, beeps etc.... and I'm watching em in the window scatter faster than fastNugly.

one of the little suckers had the nerve to come to the house later. my wife gave him an earful. he looked like he'd seen a ghost. she makes me proud.

so I love my setup ... alarm, and remote start
Sounds like what I had....left it in the last vehicle as it was getting old.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Well finally got my Switch's in, installed one for my Fog lights, there pretty nice, not sure how long they will last. Also got my EDGE CTS in, gives me alot of info on the engine like the EVIC "which I don't have on my Dash" so kinda usefull, + a whole lot of other info, and I can use it to change the mapping of my ECU when every a tuner comes out, also gives me all the engine codes and allows me to reset them. I velco'ed it to the dash for now, does not get in the way of anything else where I put it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brossard-20120805-00176.jpg (125.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Brossard-20120805-00175.jpg (126.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Brossard-20120805-00174.jpg (130.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Bully's Performance

Great installs!
What did that Edge CTS cost you?
What will it give me on top of what my EVIC tells me?

I have to install my switches someday soon
Was it difficult to get it into that spot where yours is at?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:07 PM

For the switch, no issues, nothing behind it at that location. I think the Edge CTS will only give you anything more but engine codes and the possibility to reset your maintenance stuff, it gives alot of other stuff you probably would never use like ABS pressure, spark timing. Engine load, intake temperature from your CAI sensor, I mean nothing you can do without, but for me, it gives me everything from the EVIC + all that other stuff, so worth it for me. I cost me 285$. When a Tuner comes out, I can then set up 4 mappings in it. It can also take eternal camera [i.e. like a backup cam].

here more info

Mine is just the Monitor CTS, not the programmer since our ecu is encrypted, but later I can setup power modes in it. If your truck is diesel, it has even more options in it

Last edited by Asur; 08-05-2012 at 12:12 PM.