DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2006
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Are you selling them 2013 projectors???? I'll take them
Oh suuree I'll sell em! Yeah I like them, Just gotta sell my old ones I think...

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Oh suuree I'll sell em! Yeah I like them, Just gotta sell my old ones I think...
Id say, pop your old ones back in and Ill grab your new set
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Id say, pop your old ones back in and Ill grab your new set
over my run "over by a RAM" Body lmao
Old 10-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2006
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. I'd totally sell these if I knew for sure I could get another pair of them in the chrome version.

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Old 11-08-2012, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport 4X4
Color: Black
Rep:14
borodin1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Here are a few things to remember when doing these seat warmers.

1) you will need to un latch the seat cover from the bottom seat to have access to the foam area, these seat covers are held by clips, you will need to pliers to un hook these, I use 2 good wire cutters, not to cut them but to hold them and open up the clip to let the plastic seat cover holder out of the loop.

2) the red wire that holds these clips that holds the seat cover, these can easily be ripped out of the seat foam, be careful when pulling on the seat cover to get to the clips to open them. if you ripe that Red cable out, you will have to find some way of gluing it back in. Not worth the trouble so be careful.

3) you do not need to remove the whole seat cover, if your good, you can only pull up 3/4 of them and slide the unit in, for the thermostat, you can cute the area out of the foam with a small blade, but you can also just use your fingers and pluck out a small area for it to fit in. The foam is pretty easy to rip small pieces.

4) I don't have a centre console, just a seat, so very easy to get the wire from the Driver side to the passenger side, I used that black plastic tubing for wires between the driver and passenger side.

5) Be careful where you pass your wire from driver to passenger side under the seats as you will move these back and forth, you dont want to cut your wires, I passed them in the area above the rails to they can get caught in the mechanism, and tie wrapped everything to the under seat.

Hope this helps
Asur

I'm working on my seats right now and I was trying to follow all these threads, getting lost now.

1. There's a thermostat? What does it look like? My kit came in with 4 pads and 2 wiring harnesses, doesn't seem to have one, mind chiming in on that?

2. Could you post a pic of wiring harness that you used to power everything up? Seems like old pics are not working anymore. I have Sport model with power driver's seat and manual passenger and "so called" leather buckets.

3. Could you give me some direction on taking dash apart, I want my switches to be in the same spot as yours, under vents in the silver part of the dash. I could go with tried and true figure-it-out-as-you-go method but I really don't want to do it on the truck that I bought less then 3 months ago.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by borodin1 View Post
Asur

I'm working on my seats right now and I was trying to follow all these threads, getting lost now.

1. There's a thermostat? What does it look like? My kit came in with 4 pads and 2 wiring harnesses, doesn't seem to have one, mind chiming in on that?

2. Could you post a pic of wiring harness that you used to power everything up? Seems like old pics are not working anymore. I have Sport model with power driver's seat and manual passenger and "so called" leather buckets.

3. Could you give me some direction on taking dash apart, I want my switches to be in the same spot as yours, under vents in the silver part of the dash. I could go with tried and true figure-it-out-as-you-go method but I really don't want to do it on the truck that I bought less then 3 months ago.

Thank you in advance for your help.
For Question 1: I am not sure what make you got, but if you look at the Wires going to each pad, where they attach, in each pad, near the area where the wire attaches to the pad usually on the left side about 3 inch's from the pads side, you will see a small 1 inch by 1/4 inch block inside the pad material, this unit is that thermostat its thicker than the pad and you need to cut some of the foam out in the seat for it to sit flush.

for Question 2: there are 3 connectors under the seat, well at least mine did, one of them is a big gray one with 5 wires that go to it, if you take a volt meter to the wires, you will see that one is constant +12, no good, the other 2 wires, I think at each end are bigger, Blue with a stripe, these are bigger cause they take more power, they will only be active +12V when you turn the engine on, the other black wires are the grounds. If this does not help, chime in again and I will try and get you pics, my photobucket account was converted to there new beta site and they lost all my pics. Sorry about that.

For Question 3: Here is how you pull the center part off.

if you have any questions, let me know or pm me with your questions, I can help you out.

Last edited by Asur; 11-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport 4X4
Color: Black
Rep:14
borodin1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks!!!!

This is the stuff that I got: http://r.ebay.com/SVoBbn

I've got a link from someone on the forum and it had good reviews but did not come with directions. I suppose I could email the seller for directions but forum seems a lot quicker and more personal. I'll look for thermostats in the morning (it's already too dark here today). Everything else is self-explanatory, thanks for your help.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borodin1 View Post
Thanks!!!!

This is the stuff that I got: http://r.ebay.com/SVoBbn

I've got a link from someone on the forum and it had good reviews but did not come with directions. I suppose I could email the seller for directions but forum seems a lot quicker and more personal. I'll look for thermostats in the morning (it's already too dark here today). Everything else is self-explanatory, thanks for your help.
Those are the same type of units I installed

pm me your email I will send you a pdf I found that might help you,
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Decided to add the power inverter to my truck today, if you have the 1500 that does not have it, you can order all the parts to do it, but wow, you need to change your center dash cover unit to do it. and at 300$ for the piece + the inverter which is only 150watt, + the other parts you need, it get quick to like 500$ just to put that in. So I decided not to go another route, so I ordered myself from one of my distributors the Tripp light PV375. 375watts, ultra compact unit was only like 55$

modified it with a cable harness that can be unplugged when pulling off the center console, I pulled off that little cubby hole that does nothing and added in the little cover I picked up for 13$, made a back plate for the 115V socket I also picked up for 15$ and install the on off switch on it. wired up plugs to the unit so everything can be unplugged if needed.

I set it up so it clips into the console, but I wanted something solid also, so I used black silicon to keep it tight in place. If ever I want to revert back to how it was I can always remove the silicon and put the cubby hole back at its place

The plug says 150watt, but I know it can do 375 so anyways, be my secret LOL. The Inverter fits right in the free space behind the console cover, under the radio.

Now all that's left is to wire up the power to it and put the console back on. Should do that tomorrow, I will post a pic of the finished setup.

Last edited by Asur; 11-17-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

beautiful work so far my friend. reps because I can lol