DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quick pic at home Depot today with the bilsteins installed, height front off the ground center of wheel well is 37" for the front and 38" for the rear, -33 outside, freak its cold.

Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Got to playing with my Bully Dog this morning, for some reason there was no SD card in the box, found one in all my stuff, finally put it all together, and it would not update to the latest firmware, called Bully, great support, they updated it for me with there latest tunes, put it in the truck, downloaded the software, and poof, Error 203, call Bully again, they talked to there engineer, they did not put my engine code in the firmware, 3 others were on the line waiting for this same code to be added, they said it will be done by next Thursday LOL so no Tuner for the weekend. ahhh well, shit happens. Its a lot smaller of a unit than I expected, yet seems to be cool just the same. Will update next Thursdays LOL,
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Got to playing with my Bully Dog this morning, for some reason there was no SD card in the box, found one in all my stuff, finally put it all together, and it would not update to the latest firmware, called Bully, great support, they updated it for me with there latest tunes, put it in the truck, downloaded the software, and poof, Error 203, call Bully again, they talked to there engineer, they did not put my engine code in the firmware, 3 others were on the line waiting for this same code to be added, they said it will be done by next Thursday LOL so no Tuner for the weekend. ahhh well, shit happens. Its a lot smaller of a unit than I expected, yet seems to be cool just the same. Will update next Thursdays LOL,
That sucks.
Buy yea those units are small.

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

sales@bullysperformance.com

Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
That sucks.
Buy yea those units are small.
the tech said it will work, no issues, with the 91+ tune the tech was telling me they are getting 30+ hp out of the 4.7, he said its just the ECU part number code they have to integrate to the firmware so the ECU will allow the Bully Dog to let it upload the new program to the ECU. I also asked them a few questions while I had Austin on the phone,

1) Did Bully dog buy the encryption codes off of Chrysler
a) No, we actually cracked the code.

2) will this leave any traces in the ECU.
a) if you bring your truck to the dealer, just put the ECU back to factory State, all they will see is that the ECU was accessed, but they cannot see anything else.

3) Where does the info for factory state get saved
a) a copy is saved on the header and one on the SD card, but if something where to happen to the unit and both instances of the ECU where lost, they have a copy of it on there servers if needed.

4) Does the Bully Dog need to stay attached to the truck all the time
a) no, download the program you want, 85+ , 91+ or Factory state and then remove the BD from the truck.

Its cool, got lots of time to play with it. Got a few other things coming in next week for my interior. Did I say Carbon Fiber?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

I'M INTERESTED!!!!

great info there too man!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

This sounds all good to me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
the tech said it will work, no issues, with the 91+ tune the tech was telling me they are getting 30+ hp out of the 4.7, he said its just the ECU part number code they have to integrate to the firmware so the ECU will allow the Bully Dog to let it upload the new program to the ECU. I also asked them a few questions while I had Austin on the phone,

1) Did Bully dog buy the encryption codes off of Chrysler
a) No, we actually cracked the code.

2) will this leave any traces in the ECU.
a) if you bring your truck to the dealer, just put the ECU back to factory State, all they will see is that the ECU was accessed, but they cannot see anything else.

3) Where does the info for factory state get saved
a) a copy is saved on the header and one on the SD card, but if something where to happen to the unit and both instances of the ECU where lost, they have a copy of it on there servers if needed.

4) Does the Bully Dog need to stay attached to the truck all the time
a) no, download the program you want, 85+ , 91+ or Factory state and then remove the BD from the truck.

Its cool, got lots of time to play with it. Got a few other things coming in next week for my interior. Did I say Carbon Fiber?

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
This sounds all good to me.....
Also Fast, Spoke to Bully Dog today, actually they called me to get my engine code again. They said the new tune for Dodge Ram 1500's will be out Thursday afternoon around 4pm there time so 6pm ours. Also I asked him about the traction control on our trucks and he was more than happy to let me know that last Friday they finally got traction control turned off and it will be part of the new upgrade tune.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Placed an order for these today

Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0

with the Gatling Gun 2 shroud and the Halo setup.

These will take 50watt HID bulbs, so should be nice once I retrofit my Headlamps
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Bully's Performance

oh oh!
Will you be doing the retro yourself? If so, cant wait to see this

Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM

Yup, I am picking up another set of headlamps, but the lens is all clear, no yellow on them, like that I can make my setup and then transfer them to the truck when they are done. If I have issues, I can always put my old ones back in.