DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Looks good. That can is definitely better than the old one.

Just FYI, there is one that will bolt up to the 4.7L as a "kit". It's the same moroso one but is specifically marketed for the hemi rams(4th gens). It also fits the 4.7L though(it bolts to the radiator support). Once it came out I abandoned the catch can brackets we had been working on for the 4.7L's, as the moroso is a good can.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 06-20-2013, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Looks good. That can is definitely better than the old one.

Just FYI, there is one that will bolt up to the 4.7L as a "kit". It's the same moroso one but is specifically marketed for the hemi rams(4th gens). It also fits the 4.7L though(it bolts to the radiator support). Once it came out I abandoned the catch can brackets we had been working on for the 4.7L's, as the moroso is a good can.
Do you know the Kit number from Moroso, I check and did not see it, I am sure Brandon would love to know this number. Thanks Sean, reps as soon as the site lets me
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Do you know the Kit number from Moroso, I check and did not see it, I am sure Brandon would love to know this number. Thanks Sean, reps as soon as the site lets me
It should be 85472
That's the Hemi specific one

Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 AM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
It should be 85472
Hmmmm, 3/8 is a bit tight for the PVC valve, but ya it might work, but to not brake the PVC valve and hard plastic tubing I would pull the unit off and set it up off the engine, then re-install it, 36" might be a bit tight in tubing, wonder if you can order the 85472 with more tubing like 48", this would give you more room to install it towards the front like I did mine, the PVC valve is up again the firewall on the 4.7, right next to the Brake Booster behind the intake. This was the reason I used the 85486, it came with 54" of 1/2" tubing, had just the right amount to do what I wanted. Also the 1/2" tubing is snug on the PVC valve and the tube to the intake, a couple of collars make it snug and tight on them. Was my best solution, easy access in that area also. Worked for me, but since there is no specific kit for the 4.7 4th gen I would do the research to make sure you get what you need when ordering.

Thanks Andrew for the part number
Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah my intent was get that can and bracket, and buy your own hose.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:2026
brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
No problem, when you decide to install the catch can, I can get you more pics oh where to link up and any info you might need
Thanks Asur! I'll let you know when I plan to do the mod

Quote:
It should be 85472
Andrew, can you PM me a price for that catch can shipped to 98295? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Yeah my intent was get that can and bracket, and buy your own hose.
That definitely sounds easy enough. Hose is cheap enough to get at a local part store... it's the catch can and bracket I would be worried about.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs) | 30" curved LED Light Bar
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Andrew, can you PM me a price for that catch can shipped to 98295? Thanks.
PM sent

Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 PM

Well here is another take on the Rear Seat Back Rest Fold down Mod. I had been wanting to do this for a while, one of the main reasons was to have a place to set things that i did not want carried on the Rear Seat and also an easy access to the rear window for cleaning of the glass. Well here is what I did.

Took a piece of hard condensed plastic (not sure how you call this type of plastic) and cut 2 pieces, 3/4" x 13" x 2.5" and drilled holes into it, 2 for the bolt area and one for the alignment pin of the seat.

Did the same for each piece and then cut a steel pipe to make support spacers to give the seat more solidity in case of impact.

unbolted the seat and installed the new spacers.

A little anti-seize done not hurt and the rear bolts must be be getting some sort of humidity as they were starting to rust.

Now for the Back seat rest the 2 clips that clip the pins on the back of the cab, the point of this clip unit has to be grinded down about 3/16th I noticed that the cab clips are not even. one is actually angled a bit higher than the other, the reason I did it this way is that if you put a 1" piece on the floor you loose the amount of bolt holding the seat, at 3/4" there is enough bolt to safely keep that rear seat attached. The 3/16th I removed makes it that the clips don't hit the hooks when pulling forward or putting the seat back to its location.

Here is with the seat up

And with it down.

Also, way more easy to clean the rear window now.

If you have questions let me know.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Bully's Performance

I will have some questions when I get to this after your other 5-10 mods on my list

Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I will have some questions when I get to this after your other 5-10 mods on my list
Anytime lmao, after those other 5-10 should be another 5 more lmao, t/c Andrew