DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of
Default Led or electrical help please

Ok i really need help I'm so confused let me explain what happened went on an hour drive today got home and i lost power it seems to the right side of my lights now mind you my hid lows work my hid fogs work and my high beam what it seems to be is my running lights so if i were to turn on just my parking lights the front and tail won't light. Also i have my led's inside my headlights and my halo rings powered by the running light to they also do not work. I took everything apart checked every wire every fuse and nothing the left side of my truck everything works fine. Also took the right side headlight hooked it up to the left side and everything lit up

wtf lol I'm so confused only fuses i don't now how to check are those big fat square ones and no i don't have a meter to check and yes i have resistors on front and back
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Do your license plate lights work?

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 AM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Yes so do the lights on my mirriors also i went out there ealier and turned them on again still did not work but they flickered real fast

like i said they were working fine then just took a crap lol

few days ago i got a warning saying my right rear light was out i took it off took bulb out and put back in and it worked again then the next day this happened no warning light or anything
Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 AM

Might just take everything apart tomorrow and take resistors off and see what happens this has got me dumbfounded
Old 05-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Just some guy in Canada

brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

The wiring diagram for that particular circuit sucks at best. LOL If the problem had been the left side, the information is great.

As it turns out, the license plate lights are both wired into the left marker on a fused circuit. The right side however, has only the front and rear marker lamps and NO FUSE.

This circuit can be tested at the TIPM. How comfortable are you with ripping out your TIPM and running a power jumper to it so you can make measurements on the circuits while they are powered?

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 05-10-2012, 02:16 AM

Well since i have no clue where it is or have no tester im screwed lol
Old 05-10-2012, 02:16 AM

If the tipm was bad would it not show up on the dash
Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Just some guy in Canada

If your into testing this circuit, here are the details -

Starts at the TIPM on connector C7 (Also labeled G) on terminal 6.
The wire is a thin wire - White/Tan (White wire with Tan stripe)

This wire goes to splice S150B (Can't for the life of me find where that splice is located)
From that splice point, it branches to the front and rear Right marker lamps on the same wire color.

Based on your problem and the lack to warning for a bad lamp, I believe the TIPM is in trouble. It is possible that operation could be restored by a full reset (disconnect battery), put don't get your hopes up. If the issue was a bad connection on the TIPM, or a broken wire, I would expect the truck to complain of a bulb out.......

It's not looking very encouraging at this point; but being a 2011......you still have bumper to bumper don't you?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:33 AM

Ya but its all aftermarket stuff will they still fix that the headlights and all the other bulbs are aftermarket
Old 05-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Just some guy in Canada

That really depends on the dealer. I'm blessed with a great dealer, so they are quick to cover things under warranty regardless of the level of modding I have done unless it's blatantly obvious that my mod caused the issue......and that has never been the case.

If your concerned about your dealer, just put the factory bulbs back in the marker lights and let them replace the TIPM. Hopefully your dealer is on the ball and has some good young techs that 'get it' and realize that mods are not a swear word. LOL