DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:274
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

That turned out nice. It's gonna look great with wheels.

Half the beast
I used to be
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Outdoorsmen
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ramit1500 is on a distinguished road

Thought I would post some pictures of the updates on the truck. Ended up installing the spacers in the back truck sat a little nose high. I bought a set of factory 20s off a sport for the summer (down the road will get a set of 35" M/Ts to throw on them) and sold my tires off my factory 17s and bought a set of 33" duratracs for the winter. I have also confirmed that the outdoorsman does sit higher than other models. Parked next to my buddies ram who is running rough country 2.5" levelling kit both of us running 275/60/20 at the time pictures below. Also threw in some pictures of my exhaust setup 2.5" ss true duals with h pipe and borla 14" mufflers.

Last edited by ramit1500; 12-01-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

nice looking ride, i like the true dual exhaust

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Two Tone: Black/ Mineral Grey
ayrtonk is on a distinguished road

Must say your truck looks great! I have the same one, black and gray two tone is a great combo.

I have been on the fence about getting a level kit on my outdoorsman since the day I got it. Do you remember or possibly have the link to where you got your kit from? I cant find a 2.5" Top Gunz kit...

I am worried about geting the shakes or wobbles as some call it in 4WD. Have you had a chance to test your 4WD out? Did the level have any noticeable ill effects?

Just saw a leveled outdoorsman just like your the other morning on my commute. You dont live in the Vancouver BC area do you? lol.

Last edited by ayrtonk; 04-13-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrtonk View Post
Must say your truck looks great! I have the same one, black and gray two tone is a great combo.

I have been on the fence about getting a level kit on my outdoorsman since the day I got it. Do you remember or possibly have the link to where you got your kit from? I cant find a 2.5" Top Gunz kit...

I am worried about geting the shakes or wobbles as some call it in 4WD. Have you had a chance to test your 4WD out? Did the level have any noticeable ill effects?

Just saw a leveled outdoorsman just like your the other morning on my commute. You dont live in the Vancouver BC area do you? lol.
Hey, thanks I appreciate it I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out gave me what I needed for clearance, looks a bit more aggressive and without killing milage.

If you want the kit and are only worried about the 4wd wobble than just get the kit. Their are some stock trucks that experience the 4wd wobble. My cv joints are not at an extreme enough of an angle for me to worry about. My buddies ram the blue one pictured has a bit of 4wd wobble. My outdoorsman sits higher and has no wobble at all with lots of 4wd use.

I got the top guns custom kit for no particular reason other than it was in stock at a small offroad shop on a trip to New Brunswick. The kit was on their site before I bought it but they could have removed it since that was quite awhile ago now. But I wouldn't hesitate to go with any other brand all the spacers are pretty well the same design.

No couldn't have been me you saw I'm on the opposite side of the country in Nova Scotia haha.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit1500 View Post
Hey, thanks I appreciate it I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out gave me what I needed for clearance, looks a bit more aggressive and without killing milage.

If you want the kit and are only worried about the 4wd wobble than just get the kit. Their are some stock trucks that experience the 4wd wobble. My cv joints are not at an extreme enough of an angle for me to worry about. My buddies ram the blue one pictured has a bit of 4wd wobble. My outdoorsman sits higher and has no wobble at all with lots of 4wd use.

I got the top guns custom kit for no particular reason other than it was in stock at a small offroad shop on a trip to New Brunswick. The kit was on their site before I bought it but they could have removed it since that was quite awhile ago now. But I wouldn't hesitate to go with any other brand all the spacers are pretty well the same design.

No couldn't have been me you saw I'm on the opposite side of the country in Nova Scotia haha.

Just pulled the trigger on a HBS level kit. Cant wait until it gets here!

How has your front end held up since the level? Have you checked? How many k's have you gone since the level?

Its been great reading this thread and i appreciate your feedback
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrtonk View Post
Just pulled the trigger on a HBS level kit. Cant wait until it gets here!

How has your front end held up since the level? Have you checked? How many k's have you gone since the level?

Its been great reading this thread and i appreciate your feedback

Good to hear post some pictures when you get it installed. Are you going to go up in tire size?

I cant remember exactly how many kms on lift somewhere between 15-20,000 km have a total of 25,000. Everything in the front end is tight I have it on the hoist every month the truck is still new underneath.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit1500 View Post
Good to hear post some pictures when you get it installed. Are you going to go up in tire size?

I cant remember exactly how many kms on lift somewhere between 15-20,000 km have a total of 25,000. Everything in the front end is tight I have it on the hoist every month the truck is still new underneath.
Picking up the level kit tomorrow when I head down to the states tomorrow, and will be throwing it in hopefully Sunday afternoon at my buddies farm if I have time. Hope the weather holds out...

Im just about to roll over 25k km's tomorrow probably. Jeez the kms are just flying by!

I am going for some 33's, not right away though; want to wear down the tires a bit more first. Plan on trading the tires in at a shop if i get a decent buck, if not Ill upgrade and then craigslist them.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4X4
Color: Midnight Blue
Rep:120
nopaydave will become famous soon enoughnopaydave will become famous soon enough

I was thinking about using the Bilstein's to level front and TLC Airbags for the rear (I occasionally tow a travel 8000 lb. trailer). I think my front sits a little lower due to the Crewcab and Ranchhand grill guard (a must have here in Deer Country). Quick driveway measurement comes up 35.5 front and 40 rear (that's sitting on a sloped driveway). No level ground at my house if that matters. It sure doesn't look like it has that much rake. I think i need to remeasure.

So.....Why do they call you Nopaydave anyway?

Buy me a beer and I'll tell you....

2012 Outdoorsman, 4X4 Hemi, Rambox and Loaded with lots of extras.

Last edited by nopaydave; 06-01-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Color: Red
Outdoorsman888 is on a distinguished road

@ramit1500- did you have to re-align it? if so is this something that can be done in my garage?