-removed old seats/console
-used old sear brackets and fabbed on a new mounting rail for new leather power seats
-removed all the old bins from behind the seats
-installed new seats
-removed old stereo/phone, and loose wiring from past accessories
-wired up seats to some power!
-built centersole with built in sub enclosure
-installed said centersole, and new speakers
-wired up headunit, and bluetooth mic/unit
-Had Drings installed all around the bed, and rear bumper
The new system is:
Alpine component set-6 inch mids, crossovers, tweets
Alpine 4 channel amp for the small speakers
Alpine monoblock amp for the sub
Kicker CVR 10'
Alpine IDA305SBT-Blue Tooth, Pandora, color album art screen. All that fun stuff.
I test drove the new system for the first time today. I love it! It's pretty weird having the sub sit right next to you. Definitely fun.
All of the visible wood pieces on the center console will be coverered. The big square hole on the top will become a compartment, and the one on the side will be a access panel. Just to the rear of the top compartment will be two cupholders on the passenger side, and a Hurst Quarterstick Shifter on the drivers side.
I have new headlights on order, but I will have to remove the bumper to install them.
Next mods include
-Install new headlights
-Install new fogs in bumper
-Paint all of the interior plastic pieces gloss black
-Have bracers installed on flat bed. From the top of the headache rack down to the rails of the bed, one of each side. I had wanted it for looks, but after tying some stuff down to the headache rack and watching it pull back. . . it's not so much about form, but more function at this point. Especially if I play on using a come along tied to my headache rack to load up bikes.
-Finish covering center console
-Build arm rests, and compartments for center console
-Starting making plans to paint the truck
I will be LineX'ing all of the black parts of the bed, and continuing down the dually fender wells to the line where the running lights are mounted. After using the new bed for a week I have discovered that the dually fenders, and the paint on them, will get absolutely destroyed if it is not covered. From loading stuff over them, to people sitting/sliding off them.
Building the console
I made a little mess doing the wiring
The Arm rests will run along both sides of the box, ontop of the sub, and enclosure port. They will be cut out on the bottom to where they sit a inch or two above both the port and the sub;so as to not interfere with either.
The sub, and port will have a perforated metal, "Grate" over them, so you won't know either one is there, until it hits.
I am also toying with the idea of putting LEDs wired up to go off when the sub plays, inside of the grate.
There is an opening on the driver's side that is covered up by the seat. It will be accessible when the seat is removed, so I don't have to remove both the seat, and the center console.
I'm pretty sure that's it! I got all this done in the last two days(my weekend). Hopefulyl I can finish up the console in the next few days.