DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Wow that sure is impressive, and it's not even in that bad of shape lol. That new flatbed is pretty slick.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 3500
Color: Red/Silver
Engine: 1994-1995 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 175hp 420lb/ft(manual), 160hp 400lb/ft(auto)
Rep:15
SG1022 is on a distinguished road

few updates-
-removed old seats/console
-used old sear brackets and fabbed on a new mounting rail for new leather power seats
-removed all the old bins from behind the seats
-installed new seats
-removed old stereo/phone, and loose wiring from past accessories
-wired up seats to some power!
-built centersole with built in sub enclosure
-installed said centersole, and new speakers
-wired up headunit, and bluetooth mic/unit
-Had Drings installed all around the bed, and rear bumper

The new system is:
Alpine component set-6 inch mids, crossovers, tweets
Alpine coaxials-6x9s
Alpine 4 channel amp for the small speakers
Alpine monoblock amp for the sub
Kicker CVR 10'
Alpine IDA305SBT-Blue Tooth, Pandora, color album art screen. All that fun stuff.

I test drove the new system for the first time today. I love it! It's pretty weird having the sub sit right next to you. Definitely fun.

All of the visible wood pieces on the center console will be coverered. The big square hole on the top will become a compartment, and the one on the side will be a access panel. Just to the rear of the top compartment will be two cupholders on the passenger side, and a Hurst Quarterstick Shifter on the drivers side.

I have new headlights on order, but I will have to remove the bumper to install them.

Next mods include
-Install new headlights
-Install new fogs in bumper
-Paint all of the interior plastic pieces gloss black
-Have bracers installed on flat bed. From the top of the headache rack down to the rails of the bed, one of each side. I had wanted it for looks, but after tying some stuff down to the headache rack and watching it pull back. . . it's not so much about form, but more function at this point. Especially if I play on using a come along tied to my headache rack to load up bikes.
-Finish covering center console
-Build arm rests, and compartments for center console
-Starting making plans to paint the truck

I will be LineX'ing all of the black parts of the bed, and continuing down the dually fender wells to the line where the running lights are mounted. After using the new bed for a week I have discovered that the dually fenders, and the paint on them, will get absolutely destroyed if it is not covered. From loading stuff over them, to people sitting/sliding off them.

New Bumper!!!

Building the console

I made a little mess doing the wiring

The Arm rests will run along both sides of the box, ontop of the sub, and enclosure port. They will be cut out on the bottom to where they sit a inch or two above both the port and the sub;so as to not interfere with either.
The sub, and port will have a perforated metal, "Grate" over them, so you won't know either one is there, until it hits.

I am also toying with the idea of putting LEDs wired up to go off when the sub plays, inside of the grate.

There is an opening on the driver's side that is covered up by the seat. It will be accessible when the seat is removed, so I don't have to remove both the seat, and the center console.

I'm pretty sure that's it! I got all this done in the last two days(my weekend). Hopefulyl I can finish up the console in the next few days.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1994-1995 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 175hp 420lb/ft(manual), 160hp 400lb/ft(auto)

I really thought I had taken more progress pictures of the console while it was in progress. Sorry guys!

It's pretty elaborate. Well, to me it is.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:06 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

It's looking good man. Keep up the work on this beauty I like how it is shaping up. Really like that front bumper

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923
Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black on Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
gusman is on a distinguished road

How does your intercooler like having that bumper up there? Id be concerned with inadequate air flow going to that and the radiator. Awesome project coming along great!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:15 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Ok i,m still hooked on this thread, great job, wow, nice, can't wait to see more.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well, today was my Saturday, and tomorrow my Sunday. I got the paint, the cover for the sub, and all of the other materials to redo the interior. Then Oregon happened. I have been doing all my woodwork/other stuff outside. Today was pouring rain, and the forecast for tomorrow is the same. So it doesn't look like I will be getting anything done this week.

The interior will be done next week hopefully.

I am planning on painting the outside of the cab on the 5th/6th. I haven't decided if I want to line-x the ENTIRE flatbed in black, or line-x down to the horizontal body line that the running lights are at and paint it gloss black below that, like the rest of the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman View Post
How does your intercooler like having that bumper up there? Id be concerned with inadequate air flow going to that and the radiator. Awesome project coming along great!
I'd thought about that, and left the bumper a little lower. With a few inch gap between the grille and the bumper. That let's some flow through there.

I pulled a tandem axle with a 69 roadrunner on it for about 6 hours over the weekend, so either my temp gauge isn't too accurate(entirely possible, as I have found factory gauges to be lackluster), or it didn't have any issues. So it looks to be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSoul87 View Post
It's looking good man. Keep up the work on this beauty I like how it is shaping up. Really like that front bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Ok i,m still hooked on this thread, great job, wow, nice, can't wait to see more.

Thanks for all the encouragement and feedback guys! I really appreciate it!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Didn't get done much week,and I am getting two split days off this week. Hopefully I will get the interior finished this week.

I've gotten a few boxes of parts, and had quite a bit of fab work done. BIG Changes coming in a day or two. I pick it up from the fab tomorrow night. Stay tuned.

Sneak peak;

I also removed the Holset turbo silencer, and did the BHAF air filter mod.

I left the old air filter housing ontop of the engine so you can see the size comparison. The two mods made the turbo MUCH louder.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RamMan16 is on a distinguished road

its not often that you see a million mile rig...
Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

any more progress pics for this beauty??

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923