DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 3500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red/Silver
Engine: 1994-1995 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 175hp 420lb/ft(manual), 160hp 400lb/ft(auto)
Rep:15
SG1022 is on a distinguished road

Got the truck back from the shop. It now has stacks, bed bars(what ever you want to call them), and a removable tire rack. It has gotten very mixed reactions from my friends, but I could care less. I LOVE it, the tire rack is removable so it still holds all of the function, and the exhaust is beastly.

There's been quite a few set backs; mostly the ****ing rain here in Oregon. I would like to say that the truck will be primer'd next week, and in paint the following, but at this point. . . who knows? Every pair of days I have had off has ruined my prep/primer plans with an abundance of rain.

I also had ordered a pair of headlights, but had to remove the bumper to install them, so it took me a while to find the time. I get it off, install the driver's side light, then I realized this pair of lights wasn't going to work. I was PISSED.

Yes, they sent me two driver's side lights. I guess that's what you get for ordering stuff from the orient over Ebay. They made it right, and the fitment of the light's isn't bad. Finish is great! On the other end of the spectrum, I ordered a replacement grill(seen below in the pictures) and it fits GREAT, and the quality is also up there. Best of all; I got it to my door for $37.00.

The Ebay company made it right, and had a new one at my door in two days, and I don't have to send the third light back. Here they are installed.

Aside from that, I managed to make some progress on my center console. I got the cup holders in, bolted up the shifter, and covered all the wooden sides with Carhartt Duck material. I ended up scrapping the initial top piece, and remaking it with different placements. I also got the grill over the sub, and the pieces in place for the arm rests. At this point, all that is left is to wire up the shifter, the lights, put doors on the compartments, and cover the arm rests/install them. That, and make a plate to hold the switches for the cupholder lights, headlight LEDs, front floods, front fogs, and rear floodlights.

It was my first time covering something in fabric, it was interesting. . . but easy.

The rear compartment will be lockable, and if I can find some type of thin insulation, the front one might be an insulated compartment.

Pictures of the dash pre/painting(more pictures tomorrow, when it's daytime).
I was expecting it to turn out alright, but it looks incredible! The pictures don't do it justice. It's a beautiful, even, very glossy black. It really makes the old worn interior look updated. I can't wait to do the doors, and rear pillars.

Sponsored links
Old 06-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1994-1995 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 175hp 420lb/ft(manual), 160hp 400lb/ft(auto)

Old 06-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black on Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
gusman is on a distinguished road

Personally I'm not too big on those stacks or the metal thing in the bed, but like you said its your truck and that's all that counts. Cant wait to see it painted! Interior came out great!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

Truck is coming along amazing man. Really like the stacks and the multi-functionality of the flatbed. Interior looks spot on with the night pics, can't wait to see the daytime pics. Reps for all this work man.

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923
Old 06-21-2012, 01:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman View Post
Personally I'm not too big on those stacks or the metal thing in the bed, but like you said its your truck and that's all that counts. Cant wait to see it painted! Interior came out great!
What metal thing in the bed? The rails along side the bed? I had to add something along those lines. The headache rack was NOT sturdy enough. Sitting at an idle, I could see it moving back and forth, and if I used a ratchet strap, it would flex back towards the rear of the truck.

Or the Tire rack?If so, it's removeable.

I wish the stacks were closer in to the truck, but I was afraid that it would get too hot. Turns out they only get hot to the touch, and I will probably be moving them inwards sometime in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSoul87 View Post
Truck is coming along amazing man. Really like the stacks and the multi-functionality of the flatbed. Interior looks spot on with the night pics, can't wait to see the daytime pics. Reps for all this work man.
Thanks for the comments on the interior! I really appreciate it, it's been a lot of work. The prep for the interior has been insane. It was rather disgusting when I started. 1.2 million miles of smoking inside the cab will do that I guess.

Does anyone have suggestions on a better way to clear out the vents? They are pretty nasty inside.

The inside is still hard to photograph(How good it looks).

Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue/Tan
Rep:10
Leal is on a distinguished road

Very awesome build! I too have my grandfathers old truck (1975 ford f-350) and there is just no way that it can ever be replaced so I know where your coming from. Keep up the great work!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

So are you converting the shift linkage or that already done? Noticed that it is a column shift, but you also have the console shifter there? Hmm.. Maybe I missed that part of this thread lol..

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923
Old 06-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:49
EXPRESSIVE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman View Post
Personally I'm not too big on those stacks or the metal thing in the bed, but like you said its your truck and that's all that counts.
I would agree, IMO, the stacks just aren't as tastefull as the bumper is and I think it would look better if you were to run a tube parallel with the headache rack with radiused bends and about 6" back and connect it to the rack at the top (maybe 1/4" steel for mounting lights and D rings). Im not hating on your progress/build, I think your doing an amazing job on an amazingly tough truck. To each his own, your the only person you have to please. I will follow your build to see the final product. Hope the rain quits so you can get back on it.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leal View Post
Very awesome build! I too have my grandfathers old truck (1975 ford f-350) and there is just no way that it can ever be replaced so I know where your coming from. Keep up the great work!
Thanks, I appreciate it. Part of me wants to see how long this engine/tranny can go, part of me wants it to take a dump so I can rebuild it into a 12 valve monster with a performance, bulletproof tranny. Either way, the truck is here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSoul87 View Post
So are you converting the shift linkage or that already done? Noticed that it is a column shift, but you also have the console shifter there? Hmm.. Maybe I missed that part of this thread lol..
I'm converting it to the Hurst slapstick, I just need a new end piece for the shift cable. I know it's pretty stupid having it mounted and not functioning, but it's bolted into the top of the console, which is glued to the box. I can access the bolts, but it is very difficult. It just makes sense to leave it in until it's functioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESSIVE View Post
I would agree, IMO, the stacks just aren't as tastefull as the bumper is and I think it would look better if you were to run a tube parallel with the headache rack with radiused bends and about 6" back and connect it to the rack at the top (maybe 1/4" steel for mounting lights and D rings). Im not hating on your progress/build, I think your doing an amazing job on an amazingly tough truck. To each his own, your the only person you have to please. I will follow your build to see the final product. Hope the rain quits so you can get back on it.
Hmmm, I am not sure what you are describing. Any chance you can mock it up really quick in Microsoft paint?

Also, I have a bar that will be going ontop of the headache rack already. with some rear facing lights also up there.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:49
EXPRESSIVE is on a distinguished road

rack.jpgthis is crude but similar to this.