DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > South West

Notices

South West AZ, CA,CO, HI,NM, NV, TX, UT

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-14-2012, 02:51 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

At the track too, we could definately run against each other at TMX (Texas MotorPlex).

Jordan, sounds great man! Responding to your PM, Time now.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2012, 03:08 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
Im pretty stoked for this meet and its freaking months away!!

I jst told Josh this in a PM so i figure I can put it here too. I will have both my big Nikons with me and we can go out and shoot up a bunch of pictures as well. If someone would be willing to let me hang out the side/back of their truck we can get some amazing rolling shots as well (think of what it would look like to be laying about tow hitch level looking up at a ram coming at you with headlights on lookin like its gonna run you down!!)

That would be cool! Even if you dont put it on your truck, it would be a cool tool box sticker/momento! I have a few stickers I would want made/remade while we were there as well If not another layer of tint laid over what I already have

I will be meeting you in AZ simply because I will be taking 40 out anyway. It would stupid to not meet you there and ride in with you. I will be by myself and with my luck if I dont meet you something will happen to me and Ill be stranded in the middle of the AZ desert sweating my ass off!!

but ya a car wash of some kind will be nice. Im going to hit the truck with a few layers of zaino and tape the front end before we leave, but having a dirty truck in a group of people really gets to me so ill have to wash it... and I only trust myself with it so Im gonna need somewhere

No sign needed my friend.

I have 5,000 watts and three 15" subs in the back of my truck. Everyone that comes listen for what sounds like the world is falling and come to that noise. I have a CB/PA as well, so we can shout over a loud speaker!!
LOL nice brother.

I will be detailing my vehicle at my folks place. Unfortunately, they have to pay for their water (and in Texas in summer, all bets are off as to water usage restrictions), so there is a DIY car-wash down the road from them that I usually use if water restrictions are in place.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 05-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Have you thought about a decent motel around the area for people that are coming from out of town and want to stay over Friday and/or Sat night and go home on Sunday. Sometimes they will give you a pretty good rate if you can block about half a dozen rooms or so?????????? Just ask'n------
Jay
Old 05-14-2012, 03:33 PM
US Army Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
Have you thought about a decent motel around the area for people that are coming from out of town and want to stay over Friday and/or Sat night and go home on Sunday. Sometimes they will give you a pretty good rate if you can block about half a dozen rooms or so?????????? Just ask'n------
Jay
I have, unfortunately its too far out to make those kinds of plans, and they all want money up front anyway from me (the organizer).

The motels in the area are pretty cheap. What you want to do is stay on the north side of 820 north loop, inside the loop (haltom city area) is a slum. Any Hotel/motel on or near the following streets is close enough to the meet and within a reasonable neighborhood:

Western Center/Mid-Cities Blvd
Rufe Snow Dr (north of loop 820)
Hwy 377 (denton hwy-again, north of loop 820)
North Beach St.
Jacksboro Hwy-199

Area's too look for hotels/motels:

-Keller
-Watauga (hit or miss, on mid-cities blvd Watauga is borderline not ok)
-Lake Worth
-North Richland Hills
-Saginaw
-Eagle Mountain Lake

Places to stay away from

-Anything near DFW airport ($$$$)
-Anything in downtown Fort Worth ($$$$)
-Haltom City near loop 820 (not the best neighborhood)
-River Oaks (not the best neighborhood)

Pretty much as long as you stay right at or just north of North Loop 820, you will be fine. Can we put you on the list Jay?

Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
US Army Retired

1. ArmyofOne (Josh)*
2. MrsArmyofOne*
3. LittleArmyofOne*
4. SS4Luck (Jordan)*
5. 916Timmy (Tim)*
6. RedRiverRam*
7. GTyankee ?
8. gotbrains230 (Matt)*
9. GhostR1der*
10. bigedschukar*
11. BlueJet (Stacy)?
12. CajunDodge (Dana) ?
13. Arth ?
14. P-Rez*
15. Jchaney579*
16. BIGLUI*
17 Gantman*
18. Pull Ya (Jay)?

And my dad wants to bring is Ford too, more for a testament to show what Sunray's tint job looks like after 8 years in the Texas heat.

19. DaddyArmyofOne.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

If we come up we will probably end up somewhere over on the north side(close to Main and Exchange). Somehow we always manage to end up there, no matter what we come that way to do--LOL. Was just checking to see if anything was near where your going to have the g2g in case we wanted to break our old habit.
Thanks,
Jay
Old 05-14-2012, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

Sign me up for Friday as well. I'm gonna need a hotel room for sure though.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

I'll probably drag...Don't forget that Military guys could stay at JRB Ft Worth for pretty cheap if they have space available!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
I will be detailing my vehicle at my folks place. Unfortunately, they have to pay for their water (and in Texas in summer, all bets are off as to water usage restrictions), so there is a DIY car-wash down the road from them that I usually use if water restrictions are in place.
Sounds good. DIY wash it at the car wash then wax it in the drive way? Well figure that out when the time comes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
Sign me up for Friday as well. I'm gonna need a hotel room for sure though.

screw the hotel room. Its all about a weekend of camping... You guys in TX dont have bears right? I can handle rattles snakes (I would actually prefer to run into a few of those) but bears, screw those things!!

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 05-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

*Jordan rolls up to the show* "Well I guess we can smell which one of us didn't stay in the hotel last night" lol