DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
zone 5 is on a distinguished road
Default 430N and Lockpick Issue

I just installed lockpick on my 430N, and all the features work as they should. DVD/rear camera all teh time, gps overrides etc.

BUT

I no longer get a current GPS speed reading on the lower right side of the map screen, or on the more detailed GPS page. It just shows as zero.

However, the GPS still calculates the average moving speed, and shows the max speed, so I know the speed part of it is working, just not the current speed.

Is this an issue with Lockpick, or is there some other thing I should look at? Its Lockpick Version 4

thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
300MAG is on a distinguished road

This is normal, you can put it in manual overide mode and just hit the power switch twice to activate lockpick when you want to program nav or watch video in motion. the speedo reading on the gps will read speed until you overide then it will drop to zero.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300MAG View Post
This is normal, you can put it in manual overide mode and just hit the power switch twice to activate lockpick when you want to program nav or watch video in motion. the speedo reading on the gps will read speed until you overide then it will drop to zero.
I didn't think that I had it in override when I saw no GPS. I just hit the softkey for Nav, and saw no speed. I wasn't trying to do anything with the system overridden by Lockpick, unless I did it by mistake. Is there something I can do to turn it "off"? is hitting the power twice the on/off for over ride too, because I haven't done that, and all the functions of lockpick seem to be working fine.

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
300MAG is on a distinguished road

It come set to overide as default, meaning it will overide all the time. if you want to control overide you need to put in manual mode....press tv tab, scroll down to "auto avr" and press, it should say " auto ovr is on" now press change soft key at top of page, now it should say "auto ovr is now off". now the speedo will work but the lockpick nav and video will be in in active. when you want to overide press the volumn/power knob twice. you need a slight pause between presses i found if you pust fast the override doesnt work, once you figure the timing its very simple to overide, if i had to guess a half second between to pushes.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300MAG View Post
It come set to overide as default, meaning it will overide all the time. if you want to control overide you need to put in manual mode....press tv tab, scroll down to "auto avr" and press, it should say " auto ovr is on" now press change soft key at top of page, now it should say "auto ovr is now off". now the speedo will work but the lockpick nav and video will be in in active. when you want to overide press the volumn/power knob twice. you need a slight pause between presses i found if you pust fast the override doesnt work, once you figure the timing its very simple to overide, if i had to guess a half second between to pushes.

Hope this helps!

BINGO! You just explained it, because I know I saw the screen with auto over ride set to on.

THANKS!!!!!

Last edited by zone 5; 05-11-2012 at 12:29 PM.