DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
captainchubbzz is on a distinguished road
Default If you're researching to buy, read this.

DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE TRUCKS!! Posted the below two weeks ago and was told that Ram would be contacting me, still hasn't happened. Customer service is just as unreliable as the trucks they poorly manufacture. Ram doesn't care about the vehicle or consumer after the purchase. Do yourself a favor and import from Japan, not Detroit.

Really disappointed in my 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi. It has more awkward sounds than all vehicles I have ever ridden in. I take pride in a drive train that is well engineered, not one that just runs. Squeaky driver seat after 1500 miles. Gone through two CV boots, although the dealer screwed up the install of the second. Turn light was bad upon time of delivery, but didn't find out until making a left turn miles from the dealer. Paint is an absolute wreck all over the truck, not enough paint to cover the primer. I was SO excited to have something "Imported from Detroit" that would help out in tough times, unfortunately I am not sure that I got it. Ram, in a time which I should be excited I am severely disappointed.
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainchubbzz View Post
DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE TRUCKS!! Posted the below two weeks ago and was told that Ram would be contacting me, still hasn't happened. Customer service is just as unreliable as the trucks they poorly manufacture. Ram doesn't care about the vehicle or consumer after the purchase. Do yourself a favor and import from Japan, not Detroit.

Really disappointed in my 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi. It has more awkward sounds than all vehicles I have ever ridden in. I take pride in a drive train that is well engineered, not one that just runs. Squeaky driver seat after 1500 miles. Gone through two CV boots, although the dealer screwed up the install of the second. Turn light was bad upon time of delivery, but didn't find out until making a left turn miles from the dealer. Paint is an absolute wreck all over the truck, not enough paint to cover the primer. I was SO excited to have something "Imported from Detroit" that would help out in tough times, unfortunately I am not sure that I got it. Ram, in a time which I should be excited I am severely disappointed.
I respect your right to an opinion. How ever I think you just got a bad truck. It happens, built on a Monday and all. Just don't think the countless reviewers, pitting the Ram against the other automakers and it coming out on top for the most bang per buck, would be lying... Remember every LITTLE TINY NOISE is not a bad thing. It's a 390HP v8, it's metal against metal. Screws, rivets, and moving parts. THINGS ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME NOISE. Have you tried driving any other vehicle from other manufactures? Maybe you need to compare them to other newer trucks on the market and get a bassist on what you want. But just out right saying "Don't buy this" is your opinion. I'm glad I gave my hard earned cash to RAM. I do think there are some things they could have worked on... For the most part they have a winning combination for the price they offer it at.

Just my .02
Old 05-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:11
xspazmonkeyx is on a distinguished road

It is unfortunate to hear about the bad luck you're having with your new Ram. Like Jchaney579 said, every manufacturer is bound to produce a couple "Monday" trucks. Out of all the trucks they build, they can't all be perfect. I will say that Chrysler does in fact stand behind their product. Being a sales manager for a Chrysler dealership, I have seen my fair share of lemon law buy backs (and other factory buybacks that aren't lemon law). I'm not sure where you are located, but get your dealership involved. It's usually quicker than dealing directly with Chrysler. Ask your service department to put you in touch with your regional Chrysler Parts and Service Rep (they have a more official title, I just don't know what it is). It usually gets handled pretty quickly, well, here in Southern California anyway. I hope your issue gets resolved as these are truly awesome trucks.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Longhorn ~V~
Color: White
Rep:31
2012Longhorn is on a distinguished road

I have to somewhat agree with captain. I was one of those people that would never buy an american car, a truck yes, but no way on a car. In my early 20s I used to be a used car salesman. Not the regular salesman, I went to auctions and bought wrecked cars, fixed them myself, and sold them. With that being said, I've taken just about any brand of car apart from interiors, quarter panels, frame work, etc. I sold at least one car per month for over three years. That's when I realized how superior Japanese parts where and how they were put together. Well, German cars were put very well together, but their electronics really sucked. American cars were just horrible. Not sure why, but my guess is that we've become a lazy country. Kinda like the rich kid that never worked a day of his life and has no idea of the real value of things. That was 20+ years ago and now I think American cars have caught up with good materials and technology, but our workers suffer good work ethics and definitely lack of "give a sh!+". I'm willing to say that if our trucks (same components, paint, etc.) were put together in Japan...they would be flawless. I've been lucky with mine so far even though I've noticed some imperfections that should not be in a $50k vehicle.

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 AM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 4x4
Trim Level: big horn
Color: sagebrush Pearl
Rep:11
ALA1973 is on a distinguished road

we have got 2 rams 2011 and 2012 the 2011 has got 60k on we drive 40km on gravel road every day 3 of the seasons are mudy and rough the summer it is very dusty the only trouble we had is the tires on the 2011 were p rated did not last 10k that was the only trouble the 2012 i made the dealer put light truck tires on it we beat the truck hard we got them to use and use them we do i think shes alot harder on hers then i am on mine but we have no trouble at all we are very happy with them but know matter what you buy they all have the things that they have trouble!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Man, sorry to hear of all your troubles captainchubbzz. Quality Control was definitely lacking in the build of your truck, whichever plant yours might have came from. Make that Lemon Law work for ya. Anyways, I've owned import trucks (Mazda, Nissan, Toyota) and they have just as many quirks, noises as Domestic trucks but I respect your opinion. Different designs, different whines.....This is the USA with freedom of speech; but if you expressed your opinion like such in Japan or China, you'd probably be silenced by the communist/dictator owners or parties. Anyways, love my truck, built in Warren, MI, by Americans, for America. That's all I got to say about that............

Last edited by Gantman; 05-15-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

First off I would like to say I am real sorry for ya Cap. It sucks to be in that position when you bought the truck cause it was what you wanted and you end up with a bunch of issues.

Second. Inst there a lemon law in the US, you should have them replace your truck, I can almost for certain know the replacement truck will be perfect. If you poll the 34,369, you will probably get 90% of them that are satisfied with there truck. Seriously, shit happens, I seen Land Rovers, Porches, Toyota's and the like be lemons. As the others are saying, you might have just got a Monday truck, it could of been a Toyota Monday truck. I think best not be part of the problem, but part of the solution.

Maybe you should look into this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_law
http://www.lemonlawusa.com/
http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

Hope this helps as I would not like it to happen to me and my truck, Love my truck, please let us know how things pan out and what you have done. I am sure many would be interested in how it got solved or handled, I am sure your not the only Monday 6:45am truck that got built. Best of luck
Old 05-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Dodge Dude is on a distinguished road

Been there and done it. I got a "Monday" 2012 Wrangler. Went through all that is required here in NC for the lemon law and shipped off my official lemon law letter to Chrysler. Two days later I got some serious attention. In the end the dealership was awesome and gave me back my money towards my new Ram. I've had a ton of trucks of all sorts and I can't say that this is the best truck I have ever had but it is sure close.
My best advice is to go through the steps to file under the lemon law in your state and get a case manager from Chrysler and keep them informed. You really want them to take you seriously then type up and send a request for lemon law protection to Chrysler. In the mean time speak with your dealership's buy back manager and see what it is going to take to swap out trucks.
I hope it all works out for you and in the end of you still aren't happy you have a choice of getting a lawyer and fighting or taking a loss and trading your truck for another brand. Best of luck and I've been in your shoes and I know how disappointed and abadoned you must feel.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainchubbzz View Post

I think you mean to say "Don't buy MY truck". Sorry about your luck. Unfortunately this happens with all manufacturers. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2500 & 1500 laramies
Trim Level: Laramie 4x4
Color: Stone White / Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
pcasso87 is on a distinguished road

Maybe i dont know?