DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05-16-2012, 12:10 AM
truckin88 truckin88 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newburgh, NY
Age: 31
Posts: 22
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 4.7 TM Quad
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Metallic Gray
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
truckin88 is on a distinguished road
Default

Honestly it is all brands. I traded in a 2011 Honda CR-V for my 2012 Ram. The CR-V was a great car, great in snow etc, but the doors and front quarter panels along with hood gap were all misaligned, that started to bug me. I also have an 07 Honda CR-V which has 70K on it. It has been great, has a 100K warranty thank god, since it is about to go in for cluster #2, it also had a lock accutator go, and a computer, plus the OEM battery lasted 4 years only. If you look on the forums they are common issues on a highly rated car.

My 06 Ram, needed shocks at 40K, EGR valve, battery, and on here and DT forums that was normal. Oh and ball joints and tie rod ends.


All cars have quirks/common problems, go to any forum to find out.

Good luck!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22  
Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 AM
tguil tguil is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 339
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:45
tguil is on a distinguished road
Default

CountryD,

I think that it's time for you get those areas of the truck that were approved for a repaint painted. See how it turns out. A good painter should be able to do a good match. The key is to have a painter who is an "artist". In the "good old days", you could expect that a new vehicle would need paint work at the dealership after delivery.

If...a big if...you choose to trade your Ram....1) don't buy another Ram and 2) avoid metallic colors.
__________________
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's

Last edited by tguil; 05-16-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM
skull1 skull1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Forsyth, GA
Posts: 28
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crewcab
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
skull1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainchubbzz View Post
DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE TRUCKS!! Posted the below two weeks ago and was told that Ram would be contacting me, still hasn't happened. Customer service is just as unreliable as the trucks they poorly manufacture. Ram doesn't care about the vehicle or consumer after the purchase. Do yourself a favor and import from Japan, not Detroit.

Really disappointed in my 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi. It has more awkward sounds than all vehicles I have ever ridden in. I take pride in a drive train that is well engineered, not one that just runs. Squeaky driver seat after 1500 miles. Gone through two CV boots, although the dealer screwed up the install of the second. Turn light was bad upon time of delivery, but didn't find out until making a left turn miles from the dealer. Paint is an absolute wreck all over the truck, not enough paint to cover the primer. I was SO excited to have something "Imported from Detroit" that would help out in tough times, unfortunately I am not sure that I got it. Ram, in a time which I should be excited I am severely disappointed.
Captain, I sympathize with you on your problems. However, they all sound like fixable problems under the warranty. As far as the paint is concerned, if it is as bad as you say, you should have seen this before signing the papers. My dealer had me go over my entire truck(also my wife looked it over too) with a fine-toothed comb before signing anything. I have 4500 miles on my truck and have had zero problems. This truck is by FAR the best vehicle so far that I have ever owned( and i have owned a lot of them in every brand). Use your warranty. That`s why you have one. If after using up all available resources you can`t get it fixed, then by all means go the legal route. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Hemi N Haw's Avatar
Hemi N Haw Hemi N Haw is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East USA
Posts: 306
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White-W7
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:139
Hemi N Haw will become famous soon enoughHemi N Haw will become famous soon enough
Wink Countryd reply

I went the customer service route too. It's a joke w/ this chrysler company man. I too had some j.o. to deal with, was your guys name rick? I can't believe the insanity that these chrysler sympathizers spout out. Oh well mines great aside from a few flaws! LMAO! Mines great too but it's still not what I would ship off to a new customer who just put down some coin. It's this form of & yea I'll say it (stupidity) that keeps the inferior wheels rolling off the assembly line. Look as I've said before I'm a GM sympathizer, but at some point had I gotten a gm brand spanking new w/ the same issues my ram has I'd be just as disappointed w/ them as I am after my first chrysler purchase. Country that is complete crap & hopefully chrysler doesn't find itself looking for another bail out but if it does we should just tell them to swallow & let them sink... I bet the sticker price of my truck that I could go into a mercedes or bmw dealership, order a new car/suv what have you & it wouldn't have any of the issues you, I or many, many others on here have had. I'd love to see a class action suit go into effect. I'd jump on that like it were a naked n horny 22yr old model! Any way I'll never buy foreign & I may even buy another chrysler but rest assured I won't be driving off the lot till I've gone over the whole thing w/ a fine tooth comb. I'm also gonna check it out in artificial light as well as day time, I will never trust another brand new factory ordered vehicle again & I'll always remain a loyal American auto purchaser... Yea I know fiat owns a chrysler but it's still an American brand.
UAS! USA! USA!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-16-2012, 08:43 PM
stubie82 stubie82 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oh
Age: 32
Posts: 490
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:36
stubie82 is on a distinguished road
Default

That sucks. I feel your pain. My 2010 1500 got a creaking noise about Thanksgiving last year with 20k miles. I took it in to the dealer, and over the course of the time between then and January, they could not get it fixed. The dealer was good about getting me in with no questions asked, but I couldn't get a tech to figure it out. After I got under it and looked at it, I found my CV boot bad. They replaced the whole half axle and in the process busted the ball joint boot. I also found out that when the lube guys did my last oil change, they didn't tighten the filter so I was leaking oil. That made 3 things, very blatant things, they didn't find.
After the ball joint, I figured that was the noise. Got it back and was so pissed I traded it in for my now 2500.
Chrysler was really thurough. The rep called almost every day to check up on the progress. My paint was horrible as well. On the driver door, it looked like water drops in the paint, really bad. That was the only place. I loved that truck, but I didn't want a body or suspension or whatever creak at 20k mi.
Anywho, I would say there are "bad" trucks, but surely not that many. Oh well, I love my truck now. TO echo what others are saying, get the dealer and a rep involved, it has helped me.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 PM
CountryD's Avatar
CountryD CountryD is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Utah
Age: 37
Posts: 97
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
CountryD is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguil View Post
CountryD,

I think that it's time for you get those areas of the truck that were approved for a repaint painted. See how it turns out. A good painter should be able to do a good match. The key is to have a painter who is an "artist". In the "good old days", you could expect that a new vehicle would need paint work at the dealership after delivery.

If...a big if...you choose to trade your Ram....1) don't buy another Ram and 2) avoid metallic colors.
Brother, Im gonna have the repaint done, and dont get me wrong, I love my truck, its just an eye sore.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Asur Asur is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,850
Gender: Male
Vehicle: .
Rep Power: 14
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryD View Post
Brother, Im gonna have the repaint done, and dont get me wrong, I love my truck, its just an eye sore.

Keep us a breast of things country <---- I love saying a breast lmao.

And any chance you can give us some before and after shots

Best of luck
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Jchaney579 Jchaney579 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Deer Park, Texas
Posts: 1,176
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi N Haw View Post
I went the customer service route too. It's a joke w/ this chrysler company man. I too had some j.o. to deal with, was your guys name rick? I can't believe the insanity that these chrysler sympathizers spout out. Oh well mines great aside from a few flaws! LMAO! Mines great too but it's still not what I would ship off to a new customer who just put down some coin. It's this form of & yea I'll say it (stupidity) that keeps the inferior wheels rolling off the assembly line. Look as I've said before I'm a GM sympathizer, but at some point had I gotten a gm brand spanking new w/ the same issues my ram has I'd be just as disappointed w/ them as I am after my first chrysler purchase. Country that is complete crap & hopefully chrysler doesn't find itself looking for another bail out but if it does we should just tell them to swallow & let them sink... I bet the sticker price of my truck that I could go into a mercedes or bmw dealership, order a new car/suv what have you & it wouldn't have any of the issues you, I or many, many others on here have had. I'd love to see a class action suit go into effect. I'd jump on that like it were a naked n horny 22yr old model! Any way I'll never buy foreign & I may even buy another chrysler but rest assured I won't be driving off the lot till I've gone over the whole thing w/ a fine tooth comb. I'm also gonna check it out in artificial light as well as day time, I will never trust another brand new factory ordered vehicle again & I'll always remain a loyal American auto purchaser... Yea I know fiat owns a chrysler but it's still an American brand.
UAS! USA! USA!
All I have to say is, I got my brand new off the lot loaded Lone Star Hemi Crew Cab a little over two months ago. Truck had every single option except for leather seats and back up sensors. Walked out with it for a tad over 26k. IM SORRY, BUT NO OTHER MANUFACTURER CAME CLOSE to that with comparable pricing. There was ONE thing wrong with my truck, a little scratch from bird claws that accrued while on the lot before I bought it. They took five minutes to buff it out for me, and the passenger door was about 1/16th of an inch off alignment. Took another 30 seconds to adjust it and it was perfect. Things I made sure to LOOK OVER BEFORE I SIGNED MY NAME. Fords "Texas" addition with their big bad 5.0 (LOL) and aquivalent options came out to a bit over 34.500 BEFORE TTL. JOKE CITY over there. Not to mention GM hasn't changed their truck in over 5 years.

For the bang per buck the RAM group has it going on. The only REAL complaint I have has nothing to do with factory at all. And that is lack of tuners because they made the encryption codes so horridly hard to crack.

All I am saying is... there are some goods, and some bads that you need to look at with ALL the manufacturers. Nobody is going to be perfect... A friends I attend classes with just bought a 67k dollar BMW, 7k miles down the road she just had the entire transmission go out.

By the way you spelled "USA" wrong with your little typed chant. Contradicts calling others "Stupid".
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Asur Asur is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,850
Gender: Male
Vehicle: .
Rep Power: 14
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaney579 View Post

All I am saying is... there are some goods, and some bads that you need to look at with ALL the manufacturers. Nobody is going to be perfect... A friends I attend classes with just bought a 67k dollar BMW, 7k miles down the road she just had the entire transmission go out.

By the way you spelled "USA" wrong with your little typed chant. Contradicts calling others "Stupid".

My buddy swears by toyota, bought a tundra 2 months before I bought my Ram, his has been at the dealers 4 times already, and the last time was because the engine just died and would not even turn over, he was up north at his camp. had to get it towed to the city, cost him 300$ ECU died go figure.

Had mine 3 months, absolutely no problems, some little stuff like a humm at low speed and thats it.

Candan! Canada! Canada!


Oh by the way, just go to google, and put something like 2012 toyota tundra problems or 2012 F150 problems, check how much stuff comes up.

Last edited by Asur; 05-17-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Ram quad's Avatar
Ram quad Ram quad is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 54
Posts: 32
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown
Rep Power: 0
Rep:17
Ram quad is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry to hear about your issues

anything that is manufactured can be piece of junk. It is unfair to say all Rams are junk. all automakers produced bad vehicles from time to time. I understand your anger vehicles today are very expensive.

I actually have been impressed with the quality of my Ram and many people on this forum seem to have a similar experience.

If Chrysler is giving you the runaround I agree that is b.s.

good luck I hope you can get it all worked out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum