DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
You can definitely get more power from intake and exhaust mods even without tuning.

Most mods aren't worth the money, but they are worth it to the owner because it's fun. There are few if any performance mods that are financially justifiable.
Well said......nothing is ever really cheap but like I said earlier "you have to pay to play"
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Emorris69 is on a distinguished road

All of the things you guys mentioned are good but are any of you getting real gains Any proven dyno results or do your trucks just sound faster. It's like adding racing stripes they look cool but do nothing for you.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:57 AM

TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Hey bud its not all about dyno gains its about track gains but yes Blackramhemi/& his buddy dyno'd their trucks after the JBA Shorty header install and picked up 15hp/25tq. Getting a Higher stall torque converter will never show up on a dyno (pulling from 3rd gear and not from a dig) but will definitely lower your 60 ft times. I don't think you know much about anything but Hey you listen/think whatever you want but there are guys in here that I've listened to/looked at what they've done and believe me my gains are more than just adding "racing strips". I'll let you know one last thing before modding I had a 0-60mph time of low 7's (stock 20s)and now I'm in low 6's (22" kmc slides 13lbs heavier per corner)....pretty good for a 5700lb truck if you ask me.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:09 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Bah still cant go past 105 or get rid of the shitty rev limiter have that line boost on mine and dont really see a big difference. Me myself ill wait for a tuner or my warranty to expire nothing like sinking couple thousand bucks into you truck only to be blown past when she gives up at 105
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Bah still cant go past 105 or get rid of the shitty rev limiter have that line boost on mine and dont really see a big difference. Me myself ill wait for a tuner or my warranty to expire nothing like sinking couple thousand bucks into you truck only to be blown past when she gives up at 105
The line booster really didn't performance until I put my Circle D TC in.....now it slams the rpms up and down/puts in right in gear...no more sloppy shifting. I'm waiting for a turner just like everyone else but I just don't see if you looking for performance out of these trucks how to keep it past a year (most likely two for some) waiting for a tuner. So my quick fix to supplement for a tuner was to add mods like these because my truck was getting boring to drive. It's just a chick with small tits....there ok at first but get boring after banging her enough times, so you look to upgrade her a bit and you give some implants and the world is right again well at least they start bitching and nagging again Good thing my truck can't talk but in all seriousness I've put mopar on a 1 year timer and if they can't produce a turner I'll be back with ford or maybe chevy if that talk about the 505hp engine is true.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ gm is talking about putting the LS7 in their trucks?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
this says it all.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 PM

Tell me what kind of trucks trap 105mph on the 1/4 (13-14 sec range)with just basic bolt on's like the ones I have?... so I highly doubt you have anything to worry about hitting your Governor at the drag strip. I'll just say this though some people have extra money to throw around and some people don't that's all it comes down to. I guarantee you just sitting on the sideline doesn't get you anywhere because when tuning comes out your going to be dropping that kinda of money anyway and they one's doing making excuses really aren't serious about performance anyway....Just saying
Old 05-21-2012, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

And also keep in mind some people just like the performance of 0-60 on the street. I love drag racing and all, but I probably only make it to the track a few times a year, and may run my truck once or twice a year. I love driving it every day though, and the faster it is, the better. And I'll never hit 105 on the street, even if I could...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Dont really matter to me any way my long term goals are to pay it off then pull out the motor and make it a real track truck next one i get will be an ext cab but i got this with the whole purpose of making it fast down the line. Dpnt get me wrong it runs like a raped ape now and 0-90 most stuff gets put to shame i just dont like the fact that you pay all that money and you cant go over a certain speed. If i knew that before i bought it i would of got a 2010 lol