DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie w Rambox
Color: Deep Molten Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ValleyHEMIz is on a distinguished road
Default Door Misalignment on brand new Laramie!!! pics**

When one purchases a 50k+ vehicle, one would expect perfection right? Afterall, components are manufactured and assembled using sofisticated robotics, and fully automated computerized systems...the body and doors should line up perfect right!!?!?!

Well, a few days ago, my husband was inspecting the truck as I just got it undercoated and he noticed something strange with the passenger front door as the bottom of the door did not seem to align perfectly with the rest of the body (or the rear passsenger door) in the closed position...he actually thought it was not closed properly but it was !!

Has any else ever seen or expericenced this?? We have never seen this on any vehicle (unless perhaps on a beat up rust bucket). And now, I find myself looking at truck doors to see if it's just my door!! So far, just mine.

We sure are planning on bringing it to the attention of the dealer and see if perhaps it can be re-adjusted on the hinges. Acutally, we are not sure if the problem is with the bottom of the front door being slightly outwards or the front of the rear door being pushed in... but there is a definite 1/8th inch difference which may not seem much to some but it is quite noticeable and annoying given the fact the price we paid for the truck!

Maybe we are being overlly critical?? I doubt it will cause any problems other than aesthetics but our truck apparently was selected for the so called "quality control" inspection and we waited an extra week to get our truck because of that delay. Someone must have not been doing his/her job or figured it was not important, but I am sure it was noticed!!

The first pic is of the perfectly aligned driver door for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg door1.jpg (121.0 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg door2.jpg (110.2 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg door3.jpg (96.5 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg door4.jpg (117.8 KB, 292 views)
Old 02-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:334
starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

Wow, looks like a little more than an 1/8 of an inch to me. On a new truck I would definitely make them fix it.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

Its definitely out of place but its not such a big deal. Its a minor adjustment for a body tech and it will be perfect. This happens on all makes and models actually. I've adjusted doors on everything from Mercedes to Kia's.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Take it in & get it adjusted, when you have time, maybe first oil change

Anyone steal the Big Nickle yet ?
It has been awhile since i drove up to party with my friends in Sudbury & chew on some black flies heheh
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Not a big deal . I'm sure the dealership will correct it . Besides , whats a $50,000.00 truck doing that dirty ?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Gray
Rep:48
ShiftJockey is on a distinguished road

Nothing is perfect. but it can be fixed.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well, that's just dandy then! Thanks for calming my nerves...I hate over reacting but I was hopeing it could be fixed.

Hubby used to work for Honda many moons ago and he said that a door like that would have not passed the inspection but then, times have changed. Still love the RAM despite his minor imperfect door though and would not trade for ANYTHING ELSE!

Sorry for the *dirty* truck pics...gotta put my husband back in line and get him to clean my tuck! Thanks for making him feel bad, he said he'll do it first thing tomorrow. he he he.

GTYankee, the big nickel is still here as are the black flies. The giant penny is gone however!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

That door was a little out of line however the dealer will look after you. I have to tell you that after owning fords all my life, I have had a fantastic experience with the customer service at dodge. I initally purchased my truck somewhere else due to the other dealer near me not having the truck available. I find that I am getting better customer service close to home.

Good luck and this will issue will be addressed and looked after. Welcome to the Dodge Club......

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 02-05-2012, 11:34 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Black Crystal Pearl
hemitrx4 is on a distinguished road

I would also check the top of the door that is out of alignment. I had a similar experience, my passenger side rear door was out at the bottom and therefore in at the top. The bottom was out past the rear edge of the front door and I didn`t notice it until I noticed my paint was chipped off about 6 inches of the front edge. The dealership repainted the whole door but it took 3 visits for them to align it right.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

UPDATE>>> been to the dealer and they say there's nothing they can do! The misalignment is so minimal that he is sure nothing negative will result from it.
I may stop in at another dealer out of the area and see what they have to say about it....