DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I should have checked it, it doesn't seem to be a valid link any more

maybe this will work
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/csn_wk2_k4011.pdf

Yes it does
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:64
Rescue1 will become famous soon enough

I have yet to receive a call from Sirius but trial is up in 2 weeks. I looked and for the plan I wanted, with the taxes and the stupid MPAhole music royality fee it was $228 dollars for the year...

For what, horrible sounding audio.. Yeah no, I am putting the money into a Kenwood Nav unit and use my iPhone to stream what I need, or iPod...
Old 05-20-2012, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

ok guys. I am on the phone right now (for the last 20 mins now) and I am getting it done I think. I found a number online and I got someone who speaks perfect english right away! All I needed was the ESN number, the dealers phone number, and the name of the dealer so far. I will let you know what happens when I finally get off the phone.

Here's the number I called and recommend you call this one also if you want to be able to understand whats going on. 888-635-5142
Old 05-20-2012, 11:35 AM

oh lord, here we go! They finally took me off hold and said "I have sent this information to my supervisor to click......" We "lost our connection". Yes, they hung up on me after 20 minutes of waiting and explaining things. I called right back and it sounds like the same person but of course she knows nothing of my previous call from 5 seconds ago! This time they are treating me like I'm trying to get free service for no reason. I gave them my ESN again, and read the part of the letter that says I get an additional year of service and now I am on hold again. I hate these people and will never give them my CC Number. They are the most sketchy company I have ever dealt with in my life and it amazes me that they have been able to operate this way for so long... What a nightmare... again!

EDIT: They had me turn the truck on and go to the map screen and they said they sent the activation for the travel link. Then they said I would be contacted within 7-10 business days about the radio service for some reason. They have to "verify" everything and I guess it takes 7-10 days to "verify" that I am supposed to have a year for free when all they have to do is call chrysler or read the damn letter that says it clear as day.. Supposedly the travel link will be working in about 15 minutes, I'll believe it when I see it. They also said I might get a bill in the mail but that I do not have to pay it (I demanded an email stating that also!) lol

Last edited by nikeman; 05-20-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:15 PM

Imagine my shock when I just went out there to see if it was working and its not! Lol, I would have been in more shock if it was actually working like they said it would. I wanted to stay on the phone until it actually worked but of course thats the only time they don't want to try to sell me something and rush me off the phone! I will try to go to my dealer with that letter from chrysler and see if they have better luck after the 15 days goes by with no word from sirius which I am positive is going to happen.

Used online chat and they got the Travel Link working for me, now I have to wait on that radio service..

Last edited by nikeman; 05-20-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dk Cherry Red
Rep:14
dkerr24 is on a distinguished road

I decided to let my Sirius free trial lapse. Went with Pandora One and paid the yearly subscription. Customized stations, little commercial interruptions. Superior sound quality compared to the muffled sound of Sirius.

Darin
Old 05-21-2012, 09:54 AM

I wish the 2011 Rams had the pandora and iheartradio apps. That would make it easier and I would not use Sirius anymore either
Old 07-04-2012, 12:27 PM

Still no call from Sirius. Those people are a joke. Going to call again, just to start over I'm sure, and see what happens.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:50 PM

its being "escalated" to the supervisors....... again. The guy tried to rush me off the phone 3 times already. Even though I said I was calling about the radio service he told me I already had the travel link activated like 10 times, even though I clearly told him I knew that already each time. Last time this happened they hung up on me as soon as they came back. I wish they would have an episode of Undercover Boss about Sirius XM. Have the boss man work at the call center in front of the world just to see if he actually encourages these people to be so terrible at customer service.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM

ok, 20 mins on the phone and they came back and told me I have to take it to the dealer and they would contact them to activate the service. My dealer didn't know anything about the whole travel link issue until I brought it to there attention and now I have to try and explain to them why I am supposed to get the extra year? What a joke... I gave them my CD that I got to update my radio for travel link and I do not have the letter any more so I guess I am screwed... Did anyone else have to go through the dealer to get this turned on?

Will anyone call the CEO of Sirius XM to complain about the customer service? I actually found his office phone number online but I just got his answering machine... It is 4th of July I guess.

Anyway, his name is Mel Karmazin

Phone number is:
212-584-5100

Then just type the numbers the correlate with his last name when it asks you to. (527#) then (62946#)

If someone calls and complains about the customer service you should also suggest he does an episode of Undercover Boss.. lol I want to hear about it also of course..

Last edited by nikeman; 07-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.