DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:10
ClaymoreCharlie is on a distinguished road
Default I got one!!!!!!!

I did it! I finally did it!!! So, for those of you that may not remember, I really wanted a Ram, but due to my 70+ mile trip to work, it was not a smart decision to get one. I posted here a while back asking for advice, then just decided to wait.

Well, a few months past, we own a house and found out my wife is pregnant...AND..... I GOT A RAM!! Black Beauty I call her (for now).... she is a 2009 Crew Cab with a Hemi, all black with all badges except the ram on the tailgate removed.

I am so excited!! Gas mileage blows ass, but I love the feeling I have being in this truck! I have received so many compliments on it as well. It's still completely stock, but (wife approval pending haha) I will change out the mufflers, most likely for Flowmasters.

Anyway, I am thrilled to finally be an owner, and look forward to posting many pictures and fun filled stories in the future!!!!

Thanks!

Charlie
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Congrats man! Enjoy the truck!

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 05-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your purchase

If you have less then 36,000 miles on it, think about getting an extended warranty, it will be the best money that you ever spend
I have the Maximum Care Lifetime Warranty with $100 deductible
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Congrats on the purchase Charlie, and welcome to the forumZ.

One of the things that very few of us worry too much about is the gas mileage... we didn't buy 'em because they're good on gas.... though they're surprisingly better than you'd think

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 05-25-2012, 08:21 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Color: Blue
BlueRam1500 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the purchase man! Don't worry about the gas milage though, between the compliments and the smile it puts on your face everytime you drive it is more than worth it!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
ClaymoreCharlie is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I must admit, I was a bit intoxicated when I posted this, so I apologize for the caps and exclamation marks haha.

Unfortunately, it had just over 36K when I got it, so no added warranties for me, yet

I must say, I really love driving this thing around. I'm not sure if I should put vinyl stickers on the back (Steelers, Lucky 13) or just leave it plain and unmarked.... decisions decisions.

Thanks again guys...
Old 05-26-2012, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Your a member of the Z! You gotta Mod it

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Welcome! Enjoy the new Ram! There are a ton of brilliant people and some technicians as well (myself included) on here, and we will help in any way we can. Feel free to send me a message with any questions you may have. Any info you need, we have, and if we don't, someone can find it for you. I am a soldier and myself and a few other members are Mechanics by trade. Everyone has something to offer at the Z.

Be sure to take a look at Total Load Control Air Suspension Systems!

TLC just introduced a unit for RAM 2500 & 3500 vehicles, and it will continue to be available to all 1500 owners as well! TLC is a revolutionary new air suspension that uses 9" Goodyear air springs - the largest on any full-size truck. TLC adds at least 5,000 pounds of lift - so with TLC your truck will always be level - and improves steering, handling and braking. This thing is tough with 1/4" steel all around.

I've been a mechanic for over a decade and I know about other air bag and bumper (bumpstop modification) systems. There is no comparison to TLC. At TLC, it's not just about laden driving and towing improvement, but improving the overall feel and everyday drive of your rig. This is especially true with TLC's first product on the Z - an air suspension for 4th Gen RAM 1500 with coil springs.

TLC + Your Ram=Match made in heaven. Our Memorial Day Sale on right now! Feel free to send me an email at ArmyofOne2006@remove_this_part.gmail.com so we can discuss things further. Looking forward to more pics of your rig and seeing you active in the community.

Come join us at RamFest 2012! Located in Fort Worth Texas on 18 august 2012. A bunch of people are meeting up friday night to go Fast Friday's Drag Races friday the 17th as well! $10 to watch the races, $15 to put your Ram on the track, and the Meet on the 18th is absolutely free, though we do ask you bring a contribution to the barbecue, be it plates, drinks, or some kind of grill-able meat

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=112328&page=1
^there's the thread with all the details! Please add your name to the list if you would like to come!

-Josh.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 05-27-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Rep:19
storeboy is on a distinguished road

Congrats man! I do alot of traveling with my job and the gas mileage isn't much different then any other full-size truck. I have a buddy who has a 2006 Ford and the gas mileage between ours isn't much different (although I always am a little better!)