DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-26-2015, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2008 Reg. Cab/Bed 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Lil Black 4x4 Hemi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lil Black 4x4 Hemi Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Black 4x4 Hemi
Question Debadge-->Rebadge/New Identity

Hey guys is like a little input. A few years ago I got my ram lettering taken off, as well as my slt and 4x4 lettering on the tailgate. I've been happy with the clean look, with the exception of my Hemi badges of course.

Now, as much as I'd like to buy a Power Wagon it's just foolish at this time since,a especially considering my truck has a lifetime power train warranty from Chrysler. That look has been a bit of an inspiration to me and recently I got a wild hair to give my truck a makeover.

I started with new red Hemi badges on the side, a grille mounted Hemi badge, and a red pinstripe. Then I had my buddy pull my ram logo off the tailgate. Now I'm trying to decide on just a bit more red striping, rocker panels, and maybe tailgate. Right now I have a roll bar on order and will be putting round style lights on it. I've also been thinking if I want to go with some throwback model name.

Back in the 70s 4x4 1/2T were Power Wagon 150s 3/4T being a 200 and 1T being 300 in the 80s 4x4s were all Power Rams, then for Gen2 everything was just homogenized to be Rams. So I've thought about doing Power Wagon stickers like the 10-13, but not real seriously, since that is a model again. So I've thought about getting Power Ram decals made, maybe integrated into a rocker panel stripe? The letters and words don't split well enough for a tailgate stripe though. Since I've got a RCSB with a roll bar en route I also thought about hijacking the Ramcharger name. And rehabbing some old badges or at least 1 for the tailgate. Shoot, Chrysler has repurposed names look at the 4dr charged and the new 4cyl Dart for instance.

Anyhow, I'm just looking for ideas and opinions on it all. The final step will be next spring, maybe fall with new wheels and tires. I'll most likely be going down to 17s. I guess a lift might happen, just don't know though.

Thanks fellas!

K&N Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust and Double Outlet Stainless Tips, Rancho RS5000s, TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HD Towing Shackles, Smoked Cab Lights, Stainless Fender Flares, Stainless Door-sills, Red Hemi Badges, METAL Grille Inserts, 35" Trail Blade, Sterling Equipment Roll-Bar and Light ordered!!!

Last edited by Lil Black 4x4 Hemi; Yesterday at 02:11 AM.
Sponsored links

decal, emblem, power ram, ramcharger, stripes