DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

I would also be documenting and keeping all of these detailed pictures of the techniques used to pin point the problem. This is some of the weirdest stuff I have ever seen to find a problem.

Chrome... in moderation.
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

The service dept has given me all documents and it says right on them, "ongoing issue". So they are not trying to hide anything, but believe me, I am keeping everything.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
Mate2011RT will become famous soon enough

Yeah, look, I hate to say this (I cannot even express how much I hate to say this), but:
Get a lawyer.

A good one, likely from out of town so they have no collusion with these asshats.
This type of behavior is simply reckless, and needs to be remediated immediately. I would put this case to the level of investigation of the dealer to lose their distributorship, or at least the service department losing its contract with Chrysler.
This is a new vehicle, not some shadetree project, and you should in no way be enduring this kind of garbage.

I sincerely hope it works out well, and that your patience is tenfold what mine is. Cheers, and best of luck!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:36
stubie82 is on a distinguished road

That really sucks man, I hate to hear that. My 2010 1500 had a knocking noise in the front passenger side 20k miles on it. I had it in the shop about a month total by the time I got rid of it becuase my dealer gave me the run around. I had the same things, opened a case, had a rep, all that crap. Neither the dealer nor the case rep seemed like they cared. Every time I got the truck back the dealer was so excited they fixed it and nothing.
I'd say try another dealer to just get a new idea, and then get a new truck. Just me. HOpe it all works out.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I traded into this truck because of problems with my 2010 2500 4wd. They kept saying nothing wrong with it etc. I get into this truck and now I got problems again. WTF. I really cant afford to trade it or I would. I need them to do the right thing and swap me a new truck if they cant fix this one. I am fast thinking that people are right, these trucks are very advanced and the onboard diagnostics dont show anything. I think it is a screw up at the assembly plant, and they dont want to work it out or something. I just dont know, but I am tired of being held hostage by a truck I pay good money for. That is what it keeps coming back to for me. Thanks for all the advise here guys.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I forgot to mention after looking at my notes, the service departmen at my dealership did what they call a "STARS", I have no idea what it is but it has something to do with sending all the diagnostic and information to Chrysler Engineering for a solution to the issue. My service dept. never got a reply as of last Friday they told me, and they did it over a week ago. They were less than impressed with that. Go Chrysler...yaaa team...NOT
Old 07-30-2012, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crewcab
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:248
LeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura about

When would this be a case of take the truck because of the Lemon Law?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
When would this be a case of take the truck because of the Lemon Law?
Here in Maine this is the guideline but not limited to these conditions, this is just a basis.
3. Reasonable number of attempts; presumption. There is a presumption that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if:
A. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair 3 or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers within the express warranty term, during the period of 2 years following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to a consumer or during the first 18,000 miles of operation, whichever is the earlier date, and at least 2 of those times the same agent or dealer attempted the repair but the nonconformity continues to exist; or
B. The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair by the manufacturer, its agents or authorized dealer, of any defect or condition or combination of defects for a cumulative total of 15 or more business days during that warranty term or the appropriate time period, whichever is the earlier date.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Update: Service Manager

OK..I went in to my Service Dept. and spoke with the Service Tech (he was on the way out to grab a vehicle) and told him about the new issues. He says "It sounds like its all related to the TIPM". I think thats what he said, sounded like Tippin to me though. So he says he is sorry for all the problems and goes off to get his vehicle he has to repair. I go inside and get hooked up with the Service Manager and he says he is going to contact his rep at Chrysler. I remind him they still have not heard back from the Chrysler STARS engineers yet. It has been a week or more. He said his Rep always calls him back within a business day. So I am waiting to find out the outcome and I will post it. The ongoing SAGA of the Electrical Gremlin.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Ok ..never heard from anyone by end of businss today so I hope they get back to me tomorrow. If they don't, my next visit will be to General Manager and see where he stands. If he does the right thing, then we will be gtg. My idea of right thing at this point is new truck. Mine is a certified Lemon under the Maine law. More than 15 days down time, (12 of it at the dealership), and in 4 times for the same issue that they were able to recreate and can't fix. I only need one of these not both to qualify, that does not count the new issues. Tomorrow we see. Wish me luck, I go on vacation Wed. and I need a vehicle.