DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Okay then your problem is different from the others I have read about. For others shifting it into Neutral would allow you to start it no problem. In that case it led me to believe it was whatever sensors told the truck it was in park.

For your case however your right and I must agree this is to much. I would be pursuing the lemon law and the possibility of a new truck since there has been obvious attempts made at fixing this problem and it still is not resolved.

Good luck to you because even though I'm sure at this point you deserve at least a new reliable truck the dealership still may fight you but I don't see any issue with all of the documented attempts at a fix and still no resolution.

Chrome... in moderation.
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough
Default UPDATE: Service Manager Conv.

Well I spoke to the SM at the dealership and explained what the weekend was like and that I had to cut my trip short by 3 days, and that I was less than happy. I was nice on the phone because these guys are trying to fix my truck at least, it is Chrysler that needs to step up and fix the issue. He is calling Chrysler today and waiting for an answer, then I will get one. Time will tell. I will keep you posted.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Update!

They installed a Pod in my truck. I guess this took the place of the co pilots for the 4th gen trucks according to my Service Tech. I have to turn my key to on, wait 1 to 1 1/2 minutes for it to go green, then turn to start. If my truck starts then I go on my merry way, if not I push the capture button on it to capture 3 minutes or so of info from the truck for them. This will hopefully tell them why my truck wont start. If it does not work this time around, I have already spoken to the Assistant Manager of the Dealership, and he said by all means pursue the Lemon Law, it is no reflection on the dealership, it goes back on Chrysler. They are working with me and documenting everything, they want me to be a satisfied customer and seem to be taking steps to do that. Everyone seems to be in total agreement that this is a last ditch effort to fix it. So now it is a waiting game. Updates in the future.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

here is the link to what I go through to help Dodge diagnose my truck problem. This is the "Pod" as they called it, and the steps needed to make this work for them.
http://youtu.be/8cKLkTTljQo
Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default It happened!!

I am so happy this is not going to take months of watching that button. It happened right in my driveway tonight!! I did the start prep for the Pod and went to start it and click! I recorded it like 7 times before i figured they had enough. Sooooo off to the Dealership in the morning and hope this worked!! I will keep everyone posted, especially for those with the same issue.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Update! Update! Update!

Ok I am not really pleased with the phone call I just made. Called to check on my truck and see where they are at on it and when I get it back. They sent the information from the wiTECH-POD to Chrysler Engineer STARS unit for evaluation and to get a starting point. I thought that the information they got from it would tell the Service Tech what needed to be fixed and they would get it done and I would get my truck back. WRONG again.
They believe it is a ground issue from the information they have. AWESOME!! Do you know how many grounds there are on a truck? OMG..So they are gonna start tackling them. They might as well give up now and just give me a new truck. I am not happy at all. This is gonna be a nightmare, I can see it coming. I will keep you posted on the outcome. I have no clue how long it is gonna be in the shop, or how long I am gonna be forced to drive the Chevy truck they gave me to use, but I really need to know my truck is gonna start. Looks like I am still being held hostage by Chrysler and paying 600 a month for it. NOT HAPPY!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Ok here is an update. i called the dealership since I am tired of waiting for my truck...again.. They said what is holding them up is a reply from STARS at Chrysler to give them the info they need to get this truck fixed. SOOO..I called my Chrysler case manager up and lit them up! Needless to say when I was done she said she would have an answer for me right away. She was getting on the phone to find out why they were not getting back to them in a timely fashion. I hope this works, I told her that my next move is to send a certified letter to Regional and get the Lemon Law process started. I am done. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Former Senior Member

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I've run into this problem on a couple of the new Jeeps. It seems that Chrysler in their infinite wisdom decided to put the neutral safety switch up inside the trans.

It's about a 2 1/2 hr fix I guess. The valve body has to be dropped to put it in on the shift linkage.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Just talked to the Service Tech, he called to let me know that they were leaning towards the sensor for the tranny. How intuitive are you? lol.. So they are just waiting for an answer from STARS to go ahead and start on it. It seems my truck has 3 times the resistance of a new truck off the lot, whatever that means.
I did try shifting into neutral when my truck did not start once and it made no dif. So this may or may not work. We will see.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I forgot to say, this will be the last attempt to fix my truck. After this it is LEMON LAW. I have been more than patient, and this is clearly a dsafety issue as well as huge drop in value of my truck. We will see.