DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 PM
aixelsyD morf sreffuS

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1711
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I'm not a Chrysler tech...but I did stay at a Quality Inn Express last night...
Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

HAHA ..Warlock you r too funny man.
So here is what they told me at close of business yeaterday. They changed a sensor or relay in my trans. i went in saw my truck on the lift and the bottom of the tranny open. They explained it to me this way. Something about my truck reading 1.9 volts whenit starts and that being way too high? So it caused my starter to not engage. The put the sensor/relay in and now when it starts it reads .46 volts. Something about resistance being the problem, per the Regional Tech Guru they brought in. This guy is the last ditch effort to fix a vehicle beofre they do the buy back I guess. They also added an extra ground from the Battery to the starter. i really was not too keen on this because it does not come on the truck, but they assured me it would be documened. Then they had the Service guy take it home this weekend so he can continue to try starting it and driving it short distances, and starting it again. We will see... I was not too excited about someone taking my truck home and doing what they want with it, for all I know hes out running the piss out of it, but no options left here. So ..I will keep you posted on Mondays results.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Powerwagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black/Red
Rep:29
Sledlvr is on a distinguished road

you are a way more patient man then I am !!!!!! both service managers cringe at my local dealership when I walk through the door , lol
37x12.50 17' Super Swampers , HID's, Bullydog tuner,Catch can,Volant Powercore CAI, 4" Dynomax exhaustfor a 6.7 diesel, Kenwood TM271 65w VHF radio,240mm Lightforce Blitz HID driving lights,Custom 8'x9' aluminum sled deck
Old 08-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledlvr View Post
you are a way more patient man then I am !!!!!! both service managers cringe at my local dealership when I walk through the door , lol
I was not always so patient, and honestly I am not THAT patient when it comes to consumer items but my Service Dept. has always included me in everything involving my vehicles and they honestly document every aspect of their work. I think this tells me alot about their integrity. When dealing with an issue like this it really goes back to Chrysler, not the dealership. The dealership has actually offered to help me through the Lemon Law process if it comes to that, this dealership has never had a BBB complaint and they are 76 years old here in the community. They are all about customer satisfaction.
Also the more opportunities i give them to repair the same issue, really cinches the deal on the Lemon Law if it hapeens that way. That being said we will see what happens on Monday when I go pick it up.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

you know at this point part of me sort of wishes it will do it again so you can go back and have them help you fill in the lemon law paper's to get you a brand new truck with more options for all the crap you had to go through. JMO
Old 08-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Ya, time will tell. Honestly at this point I just don't trust it to start when I turn the key. It is gonna be awhile before I trust it is fixed.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 PM
aixelsyD morf sreffuS

Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Sounds to me like the "sensor" was the neutral safety switch. I've seen 4/5 Libertys with the exact same problem at the shop I was working in. Parts stores say that there is no neutral safety switch on them so I had to get them direct from Chrysler.

They have to drop the pan, unhook the shift linkage, and then click it one position before park so the ratchet mechanism slides off. Take out about 10 8mm bolts that hold the valve body in place (careful the two pistons in the front don't drop out). When the valve body is dropped the neutral safety switch comes out with it.

Pop the clip out that holds it, and reverse the procedure.

Like I said it takes about 2-2 1/2 hrs tops.

I never had one come back after replacing it so I hope that's reassuring.

P.S. I feel like a douchebag because I saw this thread and never stopped to read it...I wish I had earlier. Sorry.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
Sounds to me like the "sensor" was the neutral safety switch. I've seen 4/5 Libertys with the exact same problem at the shop I was working in. Parts stores say that there is no neutral safety switch on them so I had to get them direct from Chrysler.

They have to drop the pan, unhook the shift linkage, and then click it one position before park so the ratchet mechanism slides off. Take out about 10 8mm bolts that hold the valve body in place (careful the two pistons in the front don't drop out). When the valve body is dropped the neutral safety switch comes out with it.

Pop the clip out that holds it, and reverse the procedure.

Like I said it takes about 2-2 1/2 hrs tops.

I never had one come back after replacing it so I hope that's reassuring.

P.S. I feel like a douchebag because I saw this thread and never stopped to read it...I wish I had earlier. Sorry.
I hope your right Warlock I want to be able to start modding my truck and it is tough to even think about it when your truck might be going back to Chrysler. i have my new Tow Hooks in the box waiting still. and more planned. Thanks for the reply ol boy.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:33 AM
aixelsyD morf sreffuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonsnorth View Post
I hope your right Warlock I want to be able to start modding my truck and it is tough to even think about it when your truck might be going back to Chrysler. i have my new Tow Hooks in the box waiting still. and more planned. Thanks for the reply ol boy.
Didja ever stop to think that the tow hooks might be sending the wrong message to the truck?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
Didja ever stop to think that the tow hooks might be sending the wrong message to the truck?

Lmao, and there still in the box