DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

the 5.4's are good with the 6 speed trannys i thought
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2012, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

depends whether it has the chitty 5.4 or the 6.2 I guess, havent had a chance to race one at a light, I dont care for them, 50 grand for an extended cab truck with a 4 foot bed, no thanks
Old 05-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 View Post
depends whether it has the chitty 5.4 or the 6.2 I guess, havent had a chance to race one at a light, I dont care for them, 50 grand for an extended cab truck with a 4 foot bed, no thanks

They come in crew cab configs.

ANYWAYS, I still don't know why people dog on others so much. The Raptor has no competition. Dodge can't match it, GM can't even dream of matching it... When it comes down to it, for 50k getting that rig you are making out like a bandit. With all the tech involved for prerunners it is the top of the line. Go ahead and convert to those dumb Ram Runners. That takes more money then it would to just sell my new 2012 and buy a raptor. I LOVE my RAM, and it was WELL worth it's money. I got a great price on it and for the money per package it was better than the package equivalent from Ford and GM. But with the Raptor I have the same out look. If you use it for what it is intended for you can't beat a turn key daily driver that can run with the big dogs in the dunes. Out here in Texas there is NO shortage of places that will put it to it's limits. For 50k I would prefer to have that, loaded with leather and that big nasty sounding 6.2 compared to a Laramie Longhorn loaded with all the leather and 4x4... Since Taking the raptor out on a serious trail would be smarter than a 50k dollar city truck...

Still am a RAM man through and through. Just no reason to bagg on a great truck that no other company can match.

OP I can see that, the Raptors are slow stock. As those big tires are heavy and it is loaded with a LOT of off road equipment. But race that thing through some woops on a desert baha course and see how far you get :P! But when you put a little money into them, they have A LOT of surprising potential. Esp those Velociraptors.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaney579 View Post
They come in crew cab configs.

ANYWAYS, I still don't know why people dog on others so much. The Raptor has no competition. Dodge can't match it, GM can't even dream of matching it. Go ahead and convert to those dumb Ram Runners. Just no reason to bagg on a great truck that no other company can match.
Lol, keep bad mouthing the Ram Runnner on here and you'll find out why soon enough.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:37 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Lol, keep bad mouthing the Ram Runnner on here and you'll find out why soon enough.
Was not meant to bad mouth, I will apologize for that. I just personally think it is silly to have to put so much work into a truck a long with money. They are cooler than anything I own. Just compared to out of the factory turn key solution that is a production line up. Doesn't match, and again I'll apologize for the "dumb" :P Like I said I love my Ram.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

F150 are great trucks! GM has a great line up! We all think rams are great trucks! That's why we are here!
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

In my mind Ram cannot be matched for the money. That being said, I love my Rams that i have had. from my old PW years ago to my 04 1500, then my 2010 2500 hd, and now my 2012 Express. I been through the lineup. I think anyone looking for an all around truck with great payload, great towing capacity, great on and off road performance with very little modding, and available 5.7 hemi....well its a no brainer! Gimme the Express for 27k and I am buying every time. As for the Raptor i started this thread about, he had an awesome truck, but i am betting his payment was way higher than mine. Those that think God drives a Raptor.... he does.....to get to his real truck .....a Ram. HAHAHHAHAHA
Old 07-13-2012, 03:49 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I got a ram mostly for the looks and price. I had a 05 BLK Rumble Bee for a week and it was fun. I wanted a 2012 Express RC in Tru Blue Pearl but it wasn't practical, one it was too nice for a work truck and too small to trade a SUV in for. My other 2 cars may as well be 2 seaters. When I worked at Ford I drove alot of F150's and unless you get a new 5.0 or twin turbo eco the old 5.4 motor gets horrible gas mileage and just never felt as smooth as the Dodges I drove. The raptor's I have drove crew and extended with the 6.2L are bad ass trucks depending on your use. If you want to go mudding it wouldn't be my 1st choice but some wide open space and then you have the real fun. The 4wd and suspension is great and they look sick with a nice set of 20" fuel black. machined wheels with 35's, had a used one come in Orange pearl and it looked great. Every truck has a use. Dodge just makes a useful, good looking truck that is much more bang for your buck than the competion was offering new or used.
Hell if gas wasn't a issue I would be driving a SRT10 Ram RC/ 6spd but not a great everyday driver unless you have a company gas card but a badass truck. I would love to have that and a Raptor Crew for when I have to bring passengers along

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.