DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn Edition
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Kenderik is on a distinguished road
Default Not sure what muffler/exhaust system to get

Hello i'm still new at this but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what i should do with the exhaust on my 2006 Ram 2500.

I have a 5.7 Hemi 4x4 and its the Big Horn Edition.

Any comments...?
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Your question is like asking what beer tastes best...you will get a large range of opinions, lol. So I'll be the first to give you mine. I love Magnaflow. Have had Flowmaster on two different Rams now and swapped them both for Magnaflow and couldn't be happier. Flowmasters do sound pretty good but I personally like the tone of the Magnaflow better. Plus, all Maggies are stainless steel where most Flowmasters are aluminized. The Magnaflow is also a straight-through design (rather than chambered like the Flowmaster) and is more likely to benefit you in the low end power and MPG departments. Dynomax is also a great muffler and very comparable to Magnaflow. Of course, there are many other options too....Borla, Aero, Cherry Bomb, etc. I would suggest you do some searching on Youtube on a computer with a descent set of speakers to get some idea of what you like.

Also, the exhaust systems on these trucks are descent enough from factory that you don't need to spend $500 on a catback system. Nothing against catbacks but you can get the same results from a $120 muffler replacement or a couple hundred if you opt for duals.

Oh, and welcome to the forumz!!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 06-17-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn Edition
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Kenderik is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advise...ill look into it...and thank you im hoping ill be able to learn a lot and maybe help other ppl later on
Old 06-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

This is a great place to learn and discuss a mutual interest. I think you will find it very useful.

I guess I should have included earlier that the reason I concentrated my response on Magnaflow and Flowmaster is that those two brands seem to be the most popular by far. Another difference that I forgot to mention is that Flowmasters are generally louder all the time whereas Magnas are generally quieter at idle and cruising but open up when you step on it. Because of this the Magnas are usually more tolerable and will drone less on the highway.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.