DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 07-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1976 d200
Rep:10
blacksmoking is on a distinguished road
Default Sled Pulling

I'm looking at a 95 v10 2500, it has 238k miles and a freshly rebuilt transmission and transfer case. I'm building a Cummins pull truck, but I'm wondering if this would make a decent truck to get me by until I finish the other truck (probably next year). I don't really care to win, I'm just wondering if it'll hold up to a few sled pulls.

This is the info in the ad.
"For sale is my 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 with 238,000 miles and a fully rebuilt transmission and transfer case with 190 actual miles on them. 4x4 manual shift on the floor. Truck has true duals all the way back and sounds great. This truck is ready to work and has many new parts. New radiator,trans temp sensor, oil pan and oil pan gasket, vehicle speed sensor. Its a work truck so it has its share of dings and scratches but nothing major. There is no rust on the truck at all. Has some play in the steering like all old dodges. If you want a reliable old work truck that has plenty of power just give me a call or text. Price is below book value because of loose steering, needs a steering box to fix loose steering, still road worthy just has sloppy steering."
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2015, 01:06 AM
I do it because I can!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4X4 CC
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2968
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

Follow your gut, but it sounds like it would serve your purpose for the moment.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: white
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
Sledpuller is on a distinguished road

Yes, it should hold up just fine. The V10 trucks have the same components as the trucks with a Cummins in them. I've been pulling a V10 for six years and have had pretty good luck.