I decided to start a build thread to record the progress and get help and input from members on the countless mods out there. It's an '06 2500 4x4 mega cab ctd with 55k miles.
The truck was pretty much bone stock except for the spray on bed liner and nerf bars. So far I gave it a lift and new tires/wheels.
* Spray on bed liner
* Nerf bars
* 4.5" Fabtech suspension lift (5/28/2012)
* 18" x 9" Chrome XD Monster wheels (6/5/2012)
* 325/65 R18 Terra Grappler tires (6/5/2012)
Mods on the 'To do' list
* Tint rear glass and front door windows to match tinting on the back door windows.
* paint to match the grill (I dont mind the chrome bumpers but the grill is a bit to much)
* Fender flares. Bushwacker pocket flares painted to match
* Smarty Jr.
* Hard Tonneau cover. Patriot victory
painted to match
* color match break calipers
Mods that I'm on the fence with
* Eye lids painted to match
* smoked headlights and tail lights
* grill guard
* Ram air style hood
* Gas cap cover
* In dash gps/stereo/xm
* blacking out the section between front and rear doors (after tinting)
Gonna take my time with it mainly because of funding so some of the cheaper things to do will come first. Especially after just dumping over 4k in suspension/wheels/tires.
I'm also going to ask for any help and sugestions from the experts (you guys). If there's anything that you feel would look good please feel free to let me know (even the little stuff). There's so much stuff out there that i haven't seen and don't know about yet. Thanks
Here she is the day i bought her
after the 4.5" lift (still with stock wheels/tires) Is there a way to raise just the back about one inch to get the pitch a little closer to stock?
With the lift and wheels / tires
*editing to add/remove/change mods as the build progresses*