DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram r/t
Trim Level: R/t
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Zedison is on a distinguished road
Default Sway bar questions?????

Hey guys i am new on here and was wanting some info on sway bars for my 2012 r/t i have already lowered it 2/4 and have done a muffler delete i have seen hellwig sway bars but wondered about others thanks
2/4belltech drop,mufflex muffler delete,debadged,front,rear sway bars,adjustable trac bar,5%tint,87mm moes throttle body trinity with hemifever tune afe stage 2 cold air and long tubes on the bottle with 6.1 intake on the way
Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the RamforumZ

if you look up the TV show GEARS, Stacy David did up a Ram ST Express, that he called the Drag n Wagon.
He added Sway Bars to it & i believe he used Hellwigs
http://staceydavid.com/projects/drag-n-wagon
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Yeah i have seen that before i was just curious how much they helped and if anyone else made any for these trucks thanks
2/4belltech drop,mufflex muffler delete,debadged,front,rear sway bars,adjustable trac bar,5%tint,87mm moes throttle body trinity with hemifever tune afe stage 2 cold air and long tubes on the bottle with 6.1 intake on the way
Old 06-07-2012, 03:01 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 2WD SLT Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:10
RC DuDe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedison View Post
Yeah i have seen that before i was just curious how much they helped and if anyone else made any for these trucks thanks
I personally feel upgrading or adding the sway bar is your best bang for your buck. Vehicles are intentionally designed from the manufacturer to have under steer. Adding a rear bar or upgrading to a larger than factory size will help neutralize under steer. Addco 1'', Hellwig 1 1/8'' and BellTech 13/16 are a few that make them. Don't quote me on sizes I'm going off memory because I'm in the market for one too. I'm hoping to find an adjustable one.

After lowering are you experiencing a side to side or twisting type of bounce?

Last edited by RC DuDe; 06-07-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

I have an 09 QC with a belltech 2/4kit, I HAVE noticed a bit of side to side bounce when hitting bumps. I think it is from the rear track bar being under some extra stress. the rear axle on my truck shifted to the passenger side by about 7/16 of an inch. thus putting side to side stress on the track bar. every time you hit a bump the axle tries to move back to the correct neutral position. I wish I could find a bracket that would correct the track bar shift.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 06-07-2012, 03:56 AM

Ramfd I had that problem before. I know it's an issue but I'm really surprised how few complain or recognize it. Maybe recognize it is not the right word but either way McGaughy is the only one I know of who includes the bracket to correct the panhard rod angle but won't sell it separately.

I had a bracket custom fabricated to correct the angle and installed an adjustable rod to fine tune the shift. I have posted pictures of that mod somewhere here. The rod should be made parallel to the ground but never more than 10% of the overall length difference in mounting heights.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 AM

i have the side to side issue also i am in the process of trying to make a fully adjustable 4-link and track bar but time has not allowed i like the way my truck handles in the corners but i just want it better. im gonna go ahead and order the hellwigs tonight and ill let yall know how they do.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedison View Post
i have the side to side issue also i am in the process of trying to make a fully adjustable 4-link and track bar.
That would be sweet. I thought about doing the same until I was finally able to dial it in. Keep us posted.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 laramie quadcab
Trim Level: Laramie loaded
Color: black and silver
darnit is on a distinguished road

I have a hellwig swaybar on my truck it has three settings and it was worth every penny. My truck handles way nicer. If you like to go fast its the first mod for your truck you should spend money on. I set mine on the stiffest setting. If i was building my truck from scatch again its the first thing i would buy for it.

Last edited by darnit; 06-12-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 06-12-2012, 08:38 PM

i had a work issue come up and havnt had time to order mine but i think the hellwig is the way to go