DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Didn't realize you were in arkansas. I'm driving up there in 2 weeks, I believe to keller or soemthing like that. Near HWY 123/Route 7 IIRC. Make the trip one day to a big track, it'll be worth it.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram reg cab express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:79
dusterman will become famous soon enough

I have to convince my wife on that one. Haha
Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I hear you lol.....

Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'd be interested to see what your truck runs on in the 1/4 mile. Do you plan to get some time slips that show it?

Calculators are ok for guesstimating but they won't be extremely accurate.
Man my summer is pretty packed with work and kids summer vacation.....I plan on getting to the track soon (maybe the end of next month at the earliest) but I definitely want to get some Drag radials on either 17s or 18s. Hopefully tuning will be available by August or I'm gonna have to do the PCM swap....I have a rough idea to what it runs, my buddy has a 2010 Nissan Titan ext cab (modded with the big three) and runs 14.6s consistently. Usually after working nights we run our trucks down I-45N from a dig, 30 mph rolls, and 60 mphs rolls. From a dig I get in his ass bad 0-80 maybe by 3-4 truck lengths...both rolls I'm usually about 2 truck lengths. So I would say maybe 14.2s or 14.3s in the 1/4...not bad for a crew cab without tuning.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM

Yeah not bad at all. I'm lucky to break into 15's, then again I always go to the track on 100 deg days . I'm hoping with the converter, exhaust, and a cool night a 15.5 might not be too far off.

It really is amazing how quick these trucks are. Most of you guys are running faster than a lot of sports cars.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 AM

You would be amazed how a stall on a 4.7 wakes up the truck. Those 4.7s respond to mods very easily.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM

I hope so lol. It feels so much faster, but when I did the data logging with the SC it was actually slower 0-60 by 1 second roughly. I think it's just because I don't have traction now.

We'll see next time I get on the track, it's so sticky there, no way I'll spin. If nothing else, I just hope to god it's at least the same, and not slower lol. It has to be faster, doesn't make any sense that it'd be slower.

I got a 7.2 seconds 0-60 when the truck was basically stock. Just had the 93 tune and drop in filter. Then switched to the heavy wheels/tires and did the stall, 180 tstat, and mechanical clutch fan delete and now it's recording about 8 seconds. Obviously the wheels/tires hurt as well...

Darknight's 4.7L runs good. IIRC he ran a 14.9 with not many more mods than I have. He's reg cab though, and had small slicks.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 AM

Those wheel and tires are killing yah bad. You can always supercharge. Or put a nice cam and some headwork. Since you have tunability. That's the best route