cam / crank sync - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > LD RAM - Ram 1500 Forum > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 06-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: black / gray
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:10
Owndog is on a distinguished road
Default cam / crank sync

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 5.7 auto . For past month I have been chasing a bog that I have down low in the 2000 to 3000 RPM range .And a slight extending crank on cold start up . I have no engine light and no codes . I replaced the spark plugs and the MAP sensor but no change . I did notice that on my scan tool under data . It says cam out of sync , crank out of sync key forward engine not running . when I start the truck cam data says in sync but the crank data still reads out of sink . I replaced the crank sensor and did the cam / crank relearn . Still crank reads out of sync , still have extended crank when cold , still have the bog . The truck is pretty much numb with no power under the 3000 RPM range . Its kinda like driving a 2 stroke once the RPMs come up over 3000 or so then the power comes right on and truck pulls hard with lots of power . Any body have this problem or have any diag or tests I can do to try and figure this out ? thank you !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Outdoorsmen
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
ramit1500 is on a distinguished road

I repaired an 11 hemi few months back now similar symptoms but this truck was setting a cam/crank correlation code. Screens ended up being beat out of the oil control solenoid for the cam phaser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (117.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: black / gray
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:10
Owndog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit1500 View Post
I repaired an 11 hemi few months back now similar symptoms but this truck was setting a cam/crank correlation code. Screens ended up being beat out of the oil control solenoid for the cam phaser.

I have been thinking about that also . My truck does have 125,000 on it . But has always had oil changes at 5000 miles . I replaced the cam sensor yesterday and did the relearn for cam and crank , it says relearned but still reads crank out of sink when truck is running while watching data . I have also tried 2 different scan tools . Its kinda frustrating , i am a third generation auto tech and i run a garage in NH . So i will figure it out at some point . I wish i knew someone with a similar truck so i could see if there data is the same as mine . I did talk to my brother who is a tech and runs a different shop in the area . we are gonna get to together and drive around and watch and record data when the bogging happens and see what we can maybe figure out ! Any idea at what RPMs the cams should advance ? my truck is kinda low on power till about 3000 RPMs and really turns on hard at about 4000 RPMs . another thing i should add is if you just mash the gas pedal to the floor from dead take off the truck rips with no real bog or almost not noticeable .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement