DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
crackerzach86 is on a distinguished road
Default Not happy with HBS level.

I installed a hell bent steel 2.5" level about 3 months ago and my truck is far from level. The rear measures 41 and the front is 38.5 and was 37.5 before. I'm not happy with it at all. Right after I did every told me to let it settle for a few weeks and it'll come up but it never has. Anyone have this issue?

I'm most likely gonna get some 5100's, it's seems like most have had really good results with them. Where are you guys ordering these from for the best price? I also read on a different thread that bilstein had a rear shock that gives a 1" lift, there seemed to be some confusion about it. Does anyone know if those exist? Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2012, 02:07 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Never understood why people whistle the "let your leveling kit settle after X period of time" tune?

There's nothing to settle!!!

How it sits IMMEDIATELY after install is how it's gonna' sit a week, month, year and years from now. Go n' ask a suspension shop and they'll tell you the exact thing.

But I guess you already knew that after NO change in height after three months....

Sorry about your ill feelings

PS: I don't get something here.... You installed a 2" leveling kit but your ride height changed ONLY 1" from before.... huh?

Grub out!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:304
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear this. Grubrunner is right. There is no settling.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:08 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
crackerzach86 is on a distinguished road

PS: I don't get something here.... You installed a 2" leveling kit but your ride height changed ONLY 1" from before.... huh?[/QUOTE]

Yes exactly. The spacer itself is only like 1 1/8" thick and the rest of the lift is supposed to be accomplished from turning the strut around 180 degrees and the change of geometry that it causes. I ordered 2 kits at the same time and when I opened them I was very confused and called customer service assuming I had got the wrong kits. They informed me of the change in geometry. A buddy and I installed them on his truck first (2011 crew cab 4wd) and it turned out great but mine never leveled. I called customer service and they said that this happens on about 1 out of 20 trucks and there not sure why. They did offer me a refund but the cost of taking them off and having another alignment done was more then I paid for them so I just kept em.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:48 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
FromFordtoRAM is on a distinguished road

I've been doing a lot of reading on leveling kits, and it seems that most of the spacers are leas than what the kit supposed to yield. I haven't heard the 1 in 20 theory, and to be honest it sounds a bit fishy. I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. Maybe you should have them send you a new kit and tell them that they should pay for your new alignment. Their name is on the line, so they may be willing to work something out?